2.6% price increase Jan 1, 2013

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 12:39 AM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Heist
More like taking one platform, offering 6 models based on the platform with no less than 100 individual options, and 90,000 possible configurations, and then charging 500-3,000% mark-up on each option.
ha ha ha, and that too. Last count I had was 20 variations total for 997, right before the launch of 991. Good news is they do make a great product. Have you seen how many special edition BMW is milking from their outgoing M3? And Lambo with all the gallardo... very clever bunch.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:29 AM
fantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura about
Has the 2.6% price increase been verified, or is it still rumor at this point? Thanks, in advance.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:49 AM
Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdc
ha ha ha, and that too. Last count I had was 20 variations total for 997, right before the launch of 991. Good news is they do make a great product. Have you seen how many special edition BMW is milking from their outgoing M3? And Lambo with all the gallardo... very clever bunch.
What BMW is doing w/the M3 is laughable.

Lamborghini on the other hand, putrid.
Lamborghini Press Release: This is the "last" Gallardo - the LP570-4 Tricolore Anniversary Winkelman Carboni Super Veloce Torro.

Weighing 20lbs less and with 5 more HP, 0-60 times have decreased by .034 seconds. Available in two exclusive colors, special badging, and complete with a commemorative carbon fiber Cornicello to hang from your mirror to mark that this is the last Gallardo ... until we decide to release another "last" Gallardo.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Banned
Naaranha has a spectacular aura aboutNaaranha has a spectacular aura aboutNaaranha has a spectacular aura about
Fantom,

I just placed my order and my dealer assures me that there will be a increase on 911 base price by 2.6% starting in 2013. If you are on the fence about ordering before the end of the year like I was. I would pull the trigger. If you are still months out from ordering or purchasing then you probably have a good reason to wait.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:33 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by fantom
Has the 2.6% price increase been verified, or is it still rumor at this point? Thanks, in advance.
I just saw the bulletin yesterday and its fact.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:06 PM
Go123 has a spectacular aura aboutGo123 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by rossii
Can you post the bulletin.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:22 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rossii
Porsche is giving us a little something for being research ginnie pigs.

ChuckJ

Old 12-17-2012, 09:15 PM
Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !
Interestingly enough, 2.6% will probably equally match the US rate of inflation. Net/net Porsche may be raising the price solely as a protective measure.

BTW - I think it's poor overall price point planning on PUSA part that one cannot leave a Porsche dealer with a 911 for under $100K at this point even if they order the most basic stripped down Carerra.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:22 AM
Tantura is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Go123
Can you post the bulletin.
Seconded. I am being told that a dealer cannot guarantee the price on orders placed before December 31st because "Porsche has not confirmed nor denied the price protection"
There is no reason for me to rush to get an order in if they are just going to charge me the 2.6% anyway.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Hawkman is infamous around these parts
OK, this thread had me spooked, as I'm trying to finalize my Factory Collection CS spec for early May.....so I just called Jamie at Porsche (Euro Delivery Prog), and she said there's nothing due re pricing in the next few months two to three at least. She is sure!
Sounds like salesmanship going on at dealers..."get your order in before the price goes up...."

Old 12-20-2012, 03:58 PM
fantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Naaranha
Fantom,

I just placed my order and my dealer assures me that there will be a increase on 911 base price by 2.6% starting in 2013. If you are on the fence about ordering before the end of the year like I was. I would pull the trigger. If you are still months out from ordering or purchasing then you probably have a good reason to wait.
Thanks.....dealerships and salespeople are the last to really know what Porsche has in store price wise. I was planning on waiting to order a 2014 for a number of non cost factors, but a 2.6% possible EOY increase and maybe another one for a 2014 car has me thinking.

Dealerships have told me an array of stories, and there is an interesting 911 on the ship right now that's close to what I want. It should be in before the end of the year, and I may just make an offer.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:29 PM
White991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really nice
I noticed a 2.5% price increase on the base model but non on the s in where I live. Usually dealers here don't announce price increase if there's any.

Old 12-25-2012, 10:51 PM
Lebreeze is infamous around these partsLebreeze is infamous around these parts
I wonder if this is for Canada too? Our prices are already inflated.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:37 PM
human is infamous around these parts
I just checked the configurator for US. It looks like the price has indeed increased on the base price.

Can anyone definitively confirm that the price increase will not apply to existing orders? For example, does anyone have a copy of the letter?

Thanks!

Old 01-01-2013, 12:59 PM
Tantura is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by human
I just checked the configurator for US. It looks like the price has indeed increased on the base price.

Can anyone definitively confirm that the price increase will not apply to existing orders? For example, does anyone have a copy of the letter?

Thanks!
For what it's worth I have an email from the sales manager saying that the price was locked in. Initially he would not guarantee that but after several converstations he said that was the case.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2.6% price increase Jan 1, 2013