2.6% price increase Jan 1, 2013

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 06:38 PM
edmcnulty is infamous around these parts
I signed off on a build order last week agreeing to spec`d out car and price. Hope this helps.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:46 PM
aa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by djantlive
i predict more discount as economy is getting worse.
sorry not sure if I follow you, economy getting worse compared to what? economy has been in the tank since the Fall of 2008, assuredly it's not getting worse than that. if anything it is getting better over the past 12 months.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:52 PM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by aa909
sorry not sure if I follow you, economy getting worse compared to what? economy has been in the tank since the Fall of 2008, assuredly it's not getting worse than that. if anything it is getting better over the past 12 months.

I guess the real question is, have prices ever declined in a good or bad economy?

Old 01-02-2013, 10:58 AM
eg9
eg9 is infamous around these parts
Price increase?? My dealership said this is not true... There is no increase online either.. Not sure where this is coming from..

Old 01-02-2013, 11:00 AM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by eg9
Price increase?? My dealership said this is not true... There is no increase online either.. Not sure where this is coming from..

There are increases. Go look at the S right now...

Base S is 98,900. It used to be 96,xxx.

Prices are becoming kinda a rip now. I have a stripped down version I'm trying to price and total including tax is coming out to be close to 135k without discount.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:08 AM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
I also went into the config and noticed that when you see the list of cars it shows the old price, but after you click the model you want to configure the price is higher. Really glad I already put my order in, I'd be very frustrated if I got this charge as a surprise at the last second.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Not sure if it's economy being weak in North America or strong in Europe. The Euro to CDN/US $ conversion has gone from about 1 Euro being around $1.28 (CDN/US) to $1.33 to 1:00. That's about 3.8% devaluation of the two main North American currencies against the Euro in the past 4 months or so.

John in Vancouver

Old 01-02-2013, 04:21 PM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Snowczar
Not sure if it's economy being weak in North America or strong in Europe. The Euro to CDN/US $ conversion has gone from about 1 Euro being around $1.28 (CDN/US) to $1.33 to 1:00. That's about 3.8% devaluation of the two main North American currencies against the Euro in the past 4 months or so.

John in Vancouver
that is definitely a part of the revenue "correction" that german companies use to offset the loss of revenue on the usd exchange rate. for this simple reason, german corporations whose largest export market is the us (most of them) hate to see relative increases in the euro value. it's a calculated risk to increase prices, but based on the 2012 sales performance, pag is probably going to do just fine. interesting that only the base price changed. for now, it looks like the options have not changed in value yet--but i'm sure in the blink of an eye...

Old 01-02-2013, 04:55 PM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Most importers pre order their foreign currency rates by buying futures. This way they can take the gamble out of pricing. I know that the predecessor importers (prior to PCNA and Porsche Cars Canada did just that. The estimated their needs for the future and tied the price in so there were no surprises. Not sure if the current importers do that but it is possible to take the risk out.

John in Vancouver

Old 01-02-2013, 05:15 PM
TOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really nice
Yep looks like CDN prices are up as well. Once you goto build your own it is clear that the 991 line has increased across the board.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:26 PM
I just went into the Canadian configurator and yes, the base price has gone up $3,200 which is 2.6%. All the options are the same price as before.

I was told, at the time I ordered (October 1) that if there was a price increase before production I had to pay the new price. Production is 3 weeks tomorrow (Jan 23rd). I'm not happy but stuck with it unless they decide to only implement the increase on orders from prior to the increase. I hope so.

In Canada the contract law is clear, or so I was told by a law professor. The advertised price is only an invitation to come in and order/buy something. If there is a typo in an advertisement you don't get the error price but have to pay the real price. Some vendors will/might honour the incorrect price but they don't have to.

Only thing I'm happy about is production and delivery are getting closer and car should be here in second week of March and I get to enjoy the car soon.

John in Vancouver

Old 01-02-2013, 05:36 PM
eg9
eg9 is infamous around these parts
I was thinking of the 2013 4S. The C4 and C4S has not changed... Correct?

Old 01-02-2013, 05:49 PM
greenpdk is a jewel in the roughgreenpdk is a jewel in the roughgreenpdk is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Snowczar
I just went into the Canadian configurator and yes, the base price has gone up $3,200 which is 2.6%. All the options are the same price as before.

I was told, at the time I ordered (October 1) that if there was a price increase before production I had to pay the new price. Production is 3 weeks tomorrow (Jan 23rd). I'm not happy but stuck with it unless they decide to only implement the increase on orders from prior to the increase. I hope so.

In Canada the contract law is clear, or so I was told by a law professor. The advertised price is only an invitation to come in and order/buy something. If there is a typo in an advertisement you don't get the error price but have to pay the real price. Some vendors will/might honour the incorrect price but they don't have to.

Only thing I'm happy about is production and delivery are getting closer and car should be here in second week of March and I get to enjoy the car soon.

John in Vancouver
My production date is Jan 23 as well. I'm in California and was told by my dealer the price will be protected from the increase.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:52 PM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eg9
I was thinking of the 2013 4S. The C4 and C4S has not changed... Correct?

i find it very interesting that if you read this entire thread, how many dealers either did not know about this price increase, or pretended not to know.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:07 PM
ww007 has a spectacular aura aboutww007 has a spectacular aura aboutww007 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by greenpdk
My production date is Jan 23 as well. I'm in California and was told by my dealer the price will be protected from the increase.
Yes as I mentioned in my previous post, orders placed prior to Jan 1 should have their prices locked in. From the bulletin that my dealer showed me, Porsche will compensate the dealers for any price increase. At least this is in the U.S.; not sure if Canada is any different. You might want to have the dealer show you the actual bulletin to make sure he's not pocketing any extra cash...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2.6% price increase Jan 1, 2013