2.6% price increase Jan 1, 2013

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 11:46 PM
fantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by oldman40
i find it very interesting that if you read this entire thread, how many dealers either did not know about this price increase, or pretended not to know.
....or the sales managers just didn't tell their sales people .

Old 01-03-2013, 01:06 AM
frenzy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by fantom
....or the sales managers just didn't tell their sales people .
thats likely the case, the sales manager told me about it when we were discussing discounts, but the sales guy i was working with didn't know. so he didn't actually put an order in on 12/30 after i gave him the go ahead. today he decides to do the build order and had an "oh-sh*t" moment and told me that there is a price increase.

anyways, he said he'll see what he can do after talking with his sales manager. not expecting this to happen, but fingers cross i get it for 2012 price with our negotiated discount, otherwise i will have to pass on the car.

i just can pull myself to pay an extra $2.5k with no additional features/power/update. i wouldn't have balked at the price change if it was with a model year change. just stupid of porsche AG to do this simply tied to a calendar year, but then i guess i'm just not wealthy enough to not care about a silly 2.6% increase .

Old 01-03-2013, 09:18 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ww007
Yes as I mentioned in my previous post, orders placed prior to Jan 1 should have their prices locked in. From the bulletin that my dealer showed me, Porsche will compensate the dealers for any price increase. At least this is in the U.S.; not sure if Canada is any different. You might want to have the dealer show you the actual bulletin to make sure he's not pocketing any extra cash...
Is there any chance of your getting/posting a copy of the price protection bulletin? If posting a problem then email would work. I want to show it to the dealer (in Canada) as a starting point to see if by any chance I am protected.

John in Vancouver

Old 01-03-2013, 12:36 PM
ww007 has a spectacular aura aboutww007 has a spectacular aura aboutww007 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Snowczar
Is there any chance of your getting/posting a copy of the price protection bulletin? If posting a problem then email would work. I want to show it to the dealer (in Canada) as a starting point to see if by any chance I am protected.

John in Vancouver
Sorry, he showed it to me on his computer at work so I don't have the actual bulletin. Looked to be a web site with different information for the dealers; it was one of the links. If yours is a scrupulous dealer, he should have no problem showing you the bulletin to prove to you that you indeed have to pay the price increase. Sounds suspicious though that Porsche would compensate dealers from certain countries and not others.

I should also add that my dealer was not initially aware of the price increase at all until I specifically asked him about it after another dealer had mentioned it to me and I had read it in these forums. He then found the said bulletin mentioning the price increase. He then initially thought that I would be responsible for the increase (and his manager thought so too) until he read the bulletin more carefully and it specifically stated that Porsche would compensate the dealers for any price increase as long as the order was placed before Jan 1.

Hope this helps.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:58 PM
human is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ww007
Sorry, he showed it to me on his computer at work so I don't have the actual bulletin. Looked to be a web site with different information for the dealers; it was one of the links. If yours is a scrupulous dealer, he should have no problem showing you the bulletin to prove to you that you indeed have to pay the price increase. Sounds suspicious though that Porsche would compensate dealers from certain countries and not others.

I should also add that my dealer was not initially aware of the price increase at all until I specifically asked him about it after another dealer had mentioned it to me and I had read it in these forums. He then found the said bulletin mentioning the price increase. He then initially thought that I would be responsible for the increase (and his manager thought so too) until he read the bulletin more carefully and it specifically stated that Porsche would compensate the dealers for any price increase as long as the order was placed before Jan 1.

Hope this helps.
Thanks ww007! Is this a bay area dealer?

Let's hope my dealer is honest. It wouldn't be a show stopper for me but definitely a big disappointment and I will definitely not go back to the dealer in the future if they charged me the new price.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:14 PM
ww007 has a spectacular aura aboutww007 has a spectacular aura aboutww007 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by human
Thanks ww007! Is this a bay area dealer?

Let's hope my dealer is honest. It wouldn't be a show stopper for me but definitely a big disappointment and I will definitely not go back to the dealer in the future if they charged me the new price.
Nope, downtown LA.

Good luck, I hope you guys are able to keep your old pricing!

Old 01-05-2013, 10:03 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
I just received confirmation from my dealer (in Vancouver, Canada) that I am price protected on the car I ordered October 1 and will be built January 23rd.

John in Vancouver

Old 01-05-2013, 10:25 PM
onapex is infamous around these parts
just bought a 2013 991 Carrera off the lot today (literally about a few hours ago). the dealer mentioned something about the "price of my car going up," now I know what he was talking about.

incidentally, Porsche is back w/ their special 24 month leases. 76% residual @ 12K miles/year. if you don't plan on buying after 2 years, great deal on depreciation!

Old 01-09-2013, 10:43 PM
2cardinalalums is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by onapex
just bought a 2013 991 Carrera off the lot today (literally about a few hours ago). the dealer mentioned something about the "price of my car going up," now I know what he was talking about.

incidentally, Porsche is back w/ their special 24 month leases. 76% residual @ 12K miles/year. if you don't plan on buying after 2 years, great deal on depreciation!
Can you get this lease deal on an order / euro delivery?