2.6% price increase Jan 1, 2013

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 01:20 PM
lawdawg97 is infamous around these parts
2.6% price increase Jan 1, 2013

local Atlanta Porsche dealership indicates 2.6% price increase for all 991's ordered January 1, 2013 forward. anyone else heard this? glad i got mine prior if this is the case

Old 12-08-2012, 03:10 PM
stevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to all
Noticed that the porscheusa website builder quotes a higher price for the same exact spec that I ordered about a month ago.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:52 PM
ww007 has a spectacular aura aboutww007 has a spectacular aura aboutww007 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by lawdawg97
local Atlanta Porsche dealership indicates 2.6% price increase for all 991's ordered January 1, 2013 forward. anyone else heard this? glad i got mine prior if this is the case
One of the dealers I asked for a quote from just told me there would be a 2.6-2.7% increase Jan 1. I thought he was just BS'ing me lol

This is in CA btw

Old 12-08-2012, 06:28 PM
Noah Fect is a jewel in the roughNoah Fect is a jewel in the roughNoah Fect is a jewel in the roughNoah Fect is a jewel in the rough
Crazy. These already have to be the highest-margin cars on the road.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:16 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
We will see more cars sitting on dealer lots.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Well, most of Porsche clientele would still pay to get it...they know they can charge more....

Last edited by Fester; 12-09-2012 at 02:04 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:16 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
i predict more discount as economy is getting worse.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:29 AM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
this will make the turbo one pricy ride... I see my dream car fading away ; {

Old 12-09-2012, 09:58 AM
T.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of light
I looked on the Porsche configurator site and noticed the only price increase I could find was the (PCCB) composite brakes. They went from I believe 7,800 to 8,500. I wonder if this will effect my order and deposit I just placed. I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:47 AM
DÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant future
Hedged my bet

Originally Posted by mdc
this will make the turbo one pricy ride... I see my dream car fading away ; {
This is exactly why I bought a 2010 PDK with 13K miles on it after the first owner took a 40% depreciation hit. I don't see the 2014 991 TT being affordable to the vast majority of residents in my state given the 52% income tax rate we will be enjoying in California.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:06 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by djantlive
i predict more discount as economy is getting worse.
My dealer just told me Friday that Porsche sales were up 20% and USA sales were 14M this year. That's a pretty good bad economy.

ChuckJ

Old 12-09-2012, 04:35 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
Straight from Porsche " November 2012 was the best sales month ever for Porsche in the United States. For the year, Porsche has sold 32,091 cars in the U.S., an 18 percent increase over the same period last year when 27,189 cars were sold."

Bad economy?

Old 12-10-2012, 12:06 AM
mdc
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
My dealer just told me Friday that Porsche sales were up 20% and USA sales were 14M this year. That's a pretty good bad economy.

ChuckJ
; D. That is good bad economy. Good for them.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:27 AM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by mdc
; D. That is good bad economy. Good for them.

What do you expect when you have other models like the Cayenne and Panamera? I'd like to see the 991 numbers.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:45 AM
mtbscott is infamous around these partsmtbscott is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by frank69m
What do you expect when you have other models like the Cayenne and Panamera? I'd like to see the 991 numbers.
The Cayenne essentially "saved" Porsche and the Panamera builds on that. They couldn't survive making only sports cars, numbers on the 991 and Cayman/Boxster are never going to look very impressive. On the other hand, if they weren't making money on them, they wouldn't be making them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2.6% price increase Jan 1, 2013