Windows would not close!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 04:39 PM
ArashApollo is infamous around these partsArashApollo is infamous around these parts
Windows would not close!

The weirdest thing happened to me today, I turned on the car and tried to close my passenger window. I would pull the switch all the way up for the automatic close function, which made the window automatically go all the way up, only to go back down halfway immediately after it closed. I repeated this 100 times, and could not get the window to close. I turned off the car, turned it back on again, and I couldn't replicate the problem! Has this happened to anyone?

Also, while I'm here, I started getting a squeezing sound whenever I am going over bumps in the road from the roof right near my left ear. I do not have a sunroof. Anyone have this problem?

Btw I am loving this car. The PDK is amazing and so is everything else about this car! Worth every single penny.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Billyii is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ArashApollo
The weirdest thing happened to me today, I turned on the car and tried to close my passenger window. I would pull the switch all the way up for the automatic close function, which made the window automatically go all the way up, only to go back down halfway immediately after it closed. I repeated this 100 times, and could not get the window to close. I turned off the car, turned it back on again, and I couldn't replicate the problem! Has this happened to anyone?

Also, while I'm here, I started getting a squeezing sound whenever I am going over bumps in the road from the roof right near my left ear. I do not have a sunroof. Anyone have this problem?

Btw I am loving this car. The PDK is amazing and so is everything else about this car! Worth every single penny.

The passenger window of my 2013 911 did exactly the same thing almost everytime it was raised for about the first month after I got the car. It is now about 2 1/2 months old and has 3000 miles on it and it rarely does this on the passenger side but still does it occasionally on the driver's side.

I have not taken it in but when I went to the dealership to get my plates, I mentioned it to the service manager and he was familiar with the problem and said he could fix it. When I have to go in for something major I will get it fixed if the problem is still there.

Your window problem may go away as mine seems to be going away for the most part. Happy driving.

Billy

Old 12-17-2012, 06:46 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Could it be a safety system? I remember Porsche wouldn't make an auto window because they were afraid of getting sued. It could be hitting the top of the window channel because it was not adjusted properly and reversing to let the interference out?

ChuckJ

Last edited by ChuckJ; 12-17-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:43 PM
MayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud of
I had this on my cayman, and they had to replace a sensor and motor which was very expensive. Luckily,I was under warranty, but I highly suggest getting it looked at while it's still happening regularly and can be fixed for free.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:07 PM
ArashApollo is infamous around these partsArashApollo is infamous around these parts
Called Porsche service. They said keep an eye out for it and bring it in if it happens again. Nothing was in the window seals, I even got out and checked. Will post back if it ever happens again.

Oh and the squeeking is from the seat belt housing which he said was a quick fix. Just a matter of lubrication.

I wish it could stop raining I just washed the car last night and want to take it out!

Old 12-18-2012, 07:06 PM
carcam is infamous around these parts
Arash- same thing happened to me on my 991 and before on my 997 and Rover. Apparently it's pretty common. There is an anti-pinch sensor for safety reasons that keeps you from hurting a finger or something in the way of the window. If it does it again, you can inch your way up until it's closed. Both Porsches somehow self-corrected. The rover had to done at the dealer and took a minute to do.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:22 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Samn thing happened to me on my Panny, and again on my 991, I think its a bug that Porsche still hasn't figured out as of yet....