PDK and gear selection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mrstep
From what I've read, it only does that in Sport-Plus mode? (Though I'd think it would make more sense to make that an on/off setting somewhere instead or even let you map it to which modes you do/don't want that enabled in... I'm not sure why Sport-Plus would mean you want that happening either?)

I didn't notice it when test driving the MT though I'll be sure to comment on it if it does that on mine - with about 1 week remaining to delivery!

Speaking of half-waying, I used to have fun shifting without the clutch, just rev-matching by familiarity of the sound. That was fun... Uh, and I won't try that with the new car anytime soon! But you know, in that sense even the manual is cheating, right?
In September I had a rental 991S for a couple of days in Germany. Car had PDK and I was in Sport (not Sport+) mode. On the autobahn someone in a VW changed lanes rather unsafely in front of me and then my lane of traffic stopped. I used essentially full brakes to slow the car down and avoid him. The PDK did shift down a number of times while I was slowing using brakes only.

John in Vancouver

Old 01-01-2013, 01:30 PM
huy
huy is infamous around these parts
i would not even waste my time shifting the latest PDK, you only get in the way. put it in auto and drive.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:40 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by huy
i would not even waste my time shifting the latest PDK, you only get in the way. put it in auto and drive.
baloney - not only is it like a sequential in a rally car when you throw it in manual, but it lets you use sport plus without sitting on redline the whole time: & we all know that even in sport it shifts about as soon as your Granny would.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:11 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cpa4S
baloney - not only is it like a sequential in a rally car when you throw it in manual, but it lets you use sport plus without sitting on redline the whole time: & we all know that even in sport it shifts about as soon as your Granny would.
Agreed!!!

ChuckJ