Rear Spoiler Lip for 991

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 06:02 PM
Lostturbo has a spectacular aura aboutLostturbo has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by pyramid
Hi, I only took 3 pictures, here is the other 2

To me, techart type I is very nice looking, I like it subtle.
I agree I still have 'cold' feeling looking at it (up position, sideview). But we shoulnd't be looking at it up position when driving anyway.
I'll wait hoping someone comes up with something like oem bmw m6 or m5. V-GT is close to my liking but they should not cover the flat edge that flows from side to side of the car.
I agree ... There is something just not right when up. I think I'm going to keep looking... Thanks for your help...

Old 01-22-2013, 09:21 PM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
I would like the Type 1 more if the spoiler rose up on its own as opposed to it being attached to the OEM tail. Understand what I am saying? If the Techart Spoiler came up on its own pylons and not just be a simple attachment to the already installed spoiler.

I was excited when I first saw it last month and thought it did just that. Now that I am seeing them here in this forum I'm turned off by them.

I would like a different spoiler for my car but not a static one. Even though I love the ducktail, I don't want to give up my button othe console. I love my buttons!

Old 01-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chupacabra
I would like the Type 1 more if the spoiler rose up on its own as opposed to it being attached to the OEM tail. Understand what I am saying? If the Techart Spoiler came up on its own pylons and not just be a simple attachment to the already installed spoiler.

I was excited when I first saw it last month and thought it did just that. Now that I am seeing them here in this forum I'm turned off by them.

I would like a different spoiler for my car but not a static one. Even though I love the ducktail, I don't want to give up my button othe console. I love my buttons!
Wait for the 991 turbo wing/decklid combo that will be actuated... the only problem I could see with that is it probably won't fit on a narrow body 991, but ya never know.

Also I'm sure Misha will use his ingenious mind to come up with something... you think he heard that!

Old 01-22-2013, 09:54 PM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Wait for the 991 turbo wing/decklid combo that will be actuated... the only problem I could see with that is it probably won't fit on a narrow body 991, but ya never know.

Also I'm sure Misha will use his ingenious mind to come up with something... you think he heard that!
I hope somebody is listening as they may have a customer sitting ready to hit the 'Order Now' button.

Again, I love those button things

Old 01-22-2013, 10:05 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chupacabra
I hope somebody is listening as they may have a customer sitting ready to hit the 'Order Now' button.

Again, I love those button things
than you should really order this (below) filling all those empty buttons will be like a soothing bath with 6 gorgeous woman while getting a toe massage...

I ordered this because i simply can not drive my new C4s off the lot with 3 empty buttons... for crying out loud it's an uneven number as well!!
I just can't do it!

Attached Images   
Old 01-23-2013, 07:19 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
than you should really order this (below) filling all those empty buttons will be like a soothing bath with 6 gorgeous woman while getting a toe massage...

I ordered this because i simply can not drive my new C4s off the lot with 3 empty buttons... for crying out loud it's an uneven number as well!!
I just can't do it!
I agree with you Psycho - hate those faceless buttons. Where do you order them, from the dealer? Is there a vendor that you know of that sells them? I assume replace them is as easy as popping the out one and popping in the new one?

Old 01-23-2013, 02:08 PM
Dadz911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
I agree with you Psycho - hate those faceless buttons. Where do you order them, from the dealer? Is there a vendor that you know of that sells them? I assume replace them is as easy as popping the out one and popping in the new one?
+1, was trying to think of something I could wire up and use the extra button slots, perhaps a power button for my installed radar or another mute button, something functional.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
Yep got them at the Porsche dealer for about 300bucks tax in.
It looks pretty straight forward, but since I'm having some of my interior panels removed to recover in red leather I'm having my dealer do the install.

Originally Posted by Dadz911
+1, was trying to think of something I could wire up and use the extra button slots, perhaps a power button for my installed radar or another mute button, something functional.
Yep that's what I'm doing... one of the buttons will be activating an extra set of valves in having put just past the cats and I've been thinking about doing exactly what you described with the other 2 empty ones.

My Mechanic at the dealer is an electronics wiz and he told me the center console buttons can be made active but it has to be routed through relays or something... could take some extra time $$ but you gotto pay to play!

Old 01-24-2013, 03:55 AM
pyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Lostturbo
I agree ... There is something just not right when up. I think I'm going to keep looking... Thanks for your help...
Second fitting test attempt, I think it does look great...

ps: attachments with filename at its corresponding position

Attached Images     
Old 01-24-2013, 03:58 AM
pyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud of
More angles ...

Yes I know, my phone's camera sucks

Attached Images     
Old 01-24-2013, 04:07 AM
Couple more, hope it helps anyone on the fence for techart type I ...

Attached Images    
Old 01-24-2013, 04:56 AM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
Second fitting test attempt, I think it does look great...

ps: attachments with filename at its corresponding position
I'm liking it too! A little worried that Techart instructs you to install it with bolts through the spoiler lid. I wonder if it could be done with just double sided tape like the Vorsteiner spoiler.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by mtony
I'm liking it too! A little worried that Techart instructs you to install it with bolts through the spoiler lid. I wonder if it could be done with just double sided tape like the Vorsteiner spoiler.
Not gonna hold it with just a tape, the contact surface only on its legs. I think even Vorsteiner will not sit pefectly with only a tape.

I'm now looking on how to remove the original spoiler lid without taking out the whole wing assy. The manual that came with the spoiler seems to indicate it is possible, but doesn't clearly shows how . Dealer techs said must remove wing assy also, but I doubt it.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:36 AM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
it is almost impossible to find pictures of these spoilers anywhere like this, great job!

Old 01-24-2013, 02:31 PM
Lostturbo has a spectacular aura aboutLostturbo has a spectacular aura about
Smile

Couple more, hope it helps anyone on the fence for techart type I ...
Hey... Thanks a bunch for taking the time to do this.... It helps a lot... I like it a lot down and part up... Still on the fence up all the way and I have spasm... It looks like you don't, is that correct? It will be even higher...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rear Spoiler Lip for 991