Rear Spoiler Lip for 991

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 08:10 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Rear Spoiler Lip for 991

Has anyone purchased or installed the new spoiler lip for the 991 by Vorsteiner? It adds lots of bling but is subtle at the same time. Like to get some experiences before considering buying.

Here is what it looks like --

http://www.vorsteiner.com/porsche/91...id-spoiler.php

Old 01-02-2013, 08:13 AM
Detroit Shooter is infamous around these parts
I saw that and also found it appealing.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:07 PM
ArashApollo is infamous around these partsArashApollo is infamous around these parts
What I really want is that diffuser..
I wonder if you need to disable the adjustable spoiler as in the 'up' position that may create a lot of drag. Looks great though!

Old 01-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I would like to see the spoiler painted the colour of the car.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by ArashApollo
What I really want is that diffuser..
I wonder if you need to disable the adjustable spoiler as in the 'up' position that may create a lot of drag. Looks great though!
From their website it is clear the spoiler does not need to be up all the time.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:13 PM
991s is infamous around these parts
Anybody know the price of the CF rear spoiler?

Old 01-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
i like the badging they did at the back - 911S - nice & simple

Old 01-02-2013, 07:08 PM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks nice!!! I too really like that diffuser.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:11 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Looks ricey IMO.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:23 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I'm betting it's over $1000

Old 01-03-2013, 04:40 AM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
i think you have three options with spoiler

1. double back tape and hope it doesnt blow off over 75 when the spoiler goes up
2. ahesive glue and kiss the paint goodbye, but probably will hold
3. drill two holes

its a nice looking spoiler but too risky for me to install and screw it up

i believe they are looking at a replacement spoiler like the porsche ducktail, however it raises the question as to how to stop the spoiler from going up over 75 mph. once solved i will probably get one or buy the factory one and have dealer install just rear spoiler (if possible).

Old 01-03-2013, 06:33 AM
Originally Posted by chance6
I'm betting it's over $1000
You are correct. It installs with double sided tape. Although it seems hokey double sided tape should not be underestimated in its strength if installed correctly.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:42 AM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
HAs anyone considered the Speedart or Techart spoiler?

Old 01-03-2013, 06:30 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
mtony - the speedart looks interesting, the techart a bit much. Detroit, agree that no one should doubt the strength of double sided tape - appears that lots of kits use this method of installation. I believe the speedart and vorsteiner are in the $1200 range. Still can't decide if I want to do it. Here is what the speedart looks like:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11204064...ed/lowphotos#3

Last edited by PorscheCrazy; 01-03-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Lostturbo has a spectacular aura aboutLostturbo has a spectacular aura about
I like both the techart and speed art, but there are no pictures of either in the up position.... Has anyone seen any? makes me think they don't look good up

Last edited by Lostturbo; 01-03-2013 at 08:52 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rear Spoiler Lip for 991