New 991 best of both worlds?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 05:39 PM
flyinbrian31 is infamous around these parts
New 991 best of both worlds?

Greeting to all,

I haven't been on this forum in quite sometime but this forum and Rennlist seems to be the only places with some good active info on the new 991. I am about to pull the trigger and order one and have decided on these options. I am working within a budget and this is about the max msrp I would consider. I made small notes to state why I decided on these particular options and would like any input from other owners or future owners to make sure I am not missing anything or if there was reasons to delete or add options that I did not consider.

So basically I am looking for all the fun and performance that Porsche is known for and also being able to enjoy a luxurious vehicle all at the push of a button. This might be different than the normal Porsche enthusiast but maybe I am what Porsche is shooting for in the future with this car and still trying to appease the current customer. Thanks again for all and any input.

Side note: I will be leasing this car as it will be my company car so that has also played on my decisions and maybe adding a few more options than normal or not adding more.

911 Carrera 4S $105,630
Decided on the 4s as I like the wide body, more HP can't hurt, better brakes, some of the standard option compared to the base make it worth it plus I live in Michigan so AWD will definitely help in the winter months.

Premium Package Plus P39 $2,330
Coming from a pretty loaded up BMW I like the keyless entry and start, heated/vented seats, PDLS, dimming mirror, adjustable seats and ambient lighting is a nice touch too.

Agate Grey Metallic N0 $710
Looks like a classy color and not to in your face

Black standard interior AG $0
Classic

ParkAssist (front and rear) 636 $990
Really got use to having it in my current BMW.
Window trim in high gloss Aluminum 559 $395
Breaks up the exterior a little with the Agate Grey color and thought it looked nice.

Sport Exhaust System 176 $2,950
Must have, I think.
Sport Chrono Package 640 $2,370
Ties all the other sports performance packages together and I like how all the performance stuff works together to give a jekyll and hyde persona.
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) with PASM sport suspension 031 $4,050
Better handling when wanted and nice ride when all out handling isn't needed.
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) 250 $4,080
Love manuals but in my older age I love the technology and performance of this transmission.

20-inch Carrera S wheel 423 $0
It was these or the Carrera Classic but decided to save a few bucks.
Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest 446 $185
For looks, should come stock.

Smoking package 583 $0
Finishes the center counsel.
Power Sport Seats (14-way) P06 $2,320
Again coming from a loaded up BMW it is nice to have all the adjustments and part of the premium package which you need to get a few of the other luxury items.

SportDesign steering wheel 840 $490
Just plain looks better and got to love the paddles with the PDK

SiriusXM® Satellite Radio Receiver 686 $750
Have it now and don't want to be with out it.

Total Price* $128,200

Old 01-05-2013, 06:03 PM
flyanddive is infamous around these partsflyanddive is infamous around these parts
I agree, shame on Porsche for the $185 painted center caps. I had to buy an extra set for my winter tires and the painted and non-painted are the same price.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:18 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Burmester

Old 01-05-2013, 06:21 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Sunroof!

Old 01-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by BrandonH
Burmester
Yea, no brainer if cost wasn't a consideration.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by KonaKai
Sunroof!
Same as above, trying to keep it in a certain price range and I think I want the performance goodies over a sunroof. Not exactly sure if I like how the sunroof looks either.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Congrats on the spec. IMO you've got the main options ticked. SC, PSE, PDCC with PASMS. I have them on my 2S and am super happy with those choices. The things that I should have ticked and did not are the adaptive seats (18 way) and the Burmester in that order. They are pricey options but worth a consideration.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by flyinbrian31
Same as above, trying to keep it in a certain price range and I think I want the performance goodies over a sunroof. Not exactly sure if I like how the sunroof looks either.
Initially I configured my car without sunroof but since my kids would ride with me occasionally plus for resale reasons (after unlimited years!) I opted for it. I think since you're leasing it so resale shouldn't be a consideration but for openness of interior confined space, perhaps it's worth considering? Again, very personal choices.

I do think you checked all the right boxes otherwise. Nice balanced build!

Old 01-06-2013, 07:01 AM
Detroit Shooter is infamous around these parts
Better keep in mind you will need snow tires for sure and maybe a set of rims to go them.

I like the paddles also. BUT. There is a crazy amount of control of functions with the other steering wheel. For a daily driver I would have to think about it.

Last edited by Detroit Shooter; 01-06-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by Detroit Shooter
Better keep in mind you will need snow tires for sure and maybe a set of rims to go them.

I like the paddles also. BUT. There is a crazy amount of control of functions with the other steering wheel. For a daily driver I would have to think about it.
I always get dedicated snow tires and rims for all my previous vehicles so those are already planned for. I do like the funtionality of the multi function steering wheel it just seems the sports wheel looks so much better.
Thanks for the input so far, I'm now considering the Bose system. Is it much better than the stock?

Old 01-06-2013, 11:46 AM
fbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to behold
I can't compare the Bose to the base stereo, but I can say that the 991 Bose system is A LOT better than the 997 version. Although I am sure you will get plenty of Burmester or bust type of advice (and BMester is very good) I think the Bose is quite allright.

Either way, don't cut the system short by using Bluetooth. Convenient yes, enough bandwidth, no. (native issue with BT?)

Old 01-06-2013, 11:49 AM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't order a sunroof on my car either. Never use it on my cars and I hate extra noises/rattles which seem to be an issue with the sunroof in the 991. Eventually I'm sure I can sell it to a track rat as a DE enthusiast configured car.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by fbroen
I can't compare the Bose to the base stereo, but I can say that the 991 Bose system is A LOT better than the 997 version. Although I am sure you will get plenty of Burmester or bust type of advice (and BMester is very good) I think the Bose is quite allright.

Either way, don't cut the system short by using Bluetooth. Convenient yes, enough bandwidth, no. (native issue with BT?)
With the BT are referring to Iphone or Ipod interface?

Old 01-06-2013, 12:08 PM
fbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to behold
Music through BT connection (iPhone in my case). USB connection much better. To be clear, this isn't a Porsche criticism -- I think BT is just too compressed for quality audio.

Phone talk quality via BT is fine.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Okay gotcha. I know there is a connection in the glove box but I have heard that there might be a connection in the center storage compartment, is this true?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New 991 best of both worlds?