Espresso with Carbon Fiber or Brushed Aluminum?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 02:44 PM
GoGoSA991 is infamous around these partsGoGoSA991 is infamous around these parts
Espresso with Carbon Fiber or Brushed Aluminum?

Or neither? Thoughts?

Purely subjective I know, but dont want to pick a combo that is a real turd combo

Cheers,

-TLG

Old 01-09-2013, 02:59 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GoGoSA991
Or neither? Thoughts?

Purely subjective I know, but dont want to pick a combo that is a real turd combo

Cheers,

-TLG
What color exterior?

Old 01-09-2013, 03:03 PM
GoGoSA991 is infamous around these partsGoGoSA991 is infamous around these parts
Lol

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
What color exterior?
I knew that would be the next question

Narrowing to GT and Anthracite Brown if that helps (or confuses)

Old 01-09-2013, 03:27 PM
ArashApollo is infamous around these partsArashApollo is infamous around these parts
GT silver has a slight blue tint. I think Platinum Silver will be better as it has a slight brown / gold tint to compliment the espresso interior. Anthracite may be too brown with an already brown interior. Just my opinion.

With a classy interior such as espresso, I would go with brushed aluminum. CF would be great on more sporty interiors.

I think Platinum Silver exterior, espresso interior, deviated white stitching, white dials, brushed aluminum, porsche crest on seats, and platinum wheels would look stunning.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:47 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ArashApollo
GT silver has a slight blue tint. I think Platinum Silver will be better as it has a slight brown / gold tint to compliment the espresso interior. Anthracite may be too brown with an already brown interior. Just my opinion.

With a classy interior such as espresso, I would go with brushed aluminum. CF would be great on more sporty interiors.

I think Platinum Silver exterior, espresso interior, deviated white stitching, white dials, brushed aluminum, porsche crest on seats, and platinum wheels would look stunning.

+1 on the brushed aluminum!

Old 01-09-2013, 04:50 PM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by White Rock
+1 on the brushed aluminum!
totally agree with arashapollo and white rock, nothing wrong with the cf + espresso, but i like the brushed al + espresso way better. remember to match the center console in brushed al too. if you really like aluminum look, then add on the upgraded door entry guards (larger than standard and option for illuminated lettering) and the aluminum footrest and pedals.

the limited edition club coupe 911 has the brushed+espresso combo, page 5:

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/911...club_coupe.pdf

Old 01-09-2013, 08:59 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GoGoSA991
I knew that would be the next question

Narrowing to GT and Anthracite Brown if that helps (or confuses)
I suspect that GT Silver will work fine, but as suggested, Platinum Silver and your choice of leather are the perfect match.

Brown/espresso works if you like the brown/brown look; deviated stitching would set the interior off well (just be aware that light colored thread takes some effort to not get soiled over time). Also, I have seen brushed aluminum and it looks great- but with a dark rich leather interior the standard trim the shiny aluminum look as more spark, especially with a sport design steering wheel.

See EricP's pics (around july) in the thread he posted- that is what i was talking about.

Last edited by chuckbdc; 01-09-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:25 AM
thanks everyone

thanks for the suggestions.

Cheers,

-TLG