Corvette C7 ... revealed in less than 54 minutes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 11:16 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
I like it.

It definitely is different. It will be received well (maybe not immediately - but almost ALL cars go through this period). Those who don't like old 'Vettes may come around to this one. Those who like 'Vettes will like this one, because it's a 'Vette.

Less 'Vette owners will complain that it doesn't look like a 'Vette than owners that will upgrade to the new one.

It is going to be a beast (in its later trims).

Old 01-14-2013, 11:27 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by black penguin
I think the new design is too busy. Too much like all failed GM designs. It feels forced in areas and is lacking the grace ALL enduring designs have. Many of the ideas are right, but they feel like they have been filtered through a processed cheese machine.

This is in no way the successor to the gorgeous 1963 Vettes.
Agreed.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:38 PM
neoprufrok is infamous around these parts
I like it a lot too. I think some people may feel a little threatened because it has so much performance and eye-catching looks for its price. I own a car wit similar specs performance wise and I'm not threatened at all. I'd be happy to add this to my stable of cars.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:43 PM
grapesmc is infamous around these partsgrapesmc is infamous around these parts
Will the old school American automobile industry ever be able to manufacture/design an interior?
Thank God for Tesla.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:08 PM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by frank69m
Only if you are a middle-aged white man in your 60's Those are the only people I see driving them.
Snobbery and elitism are great things.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:40 PM
m5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nice
I wish the my 991S had an 8 Cyl. Boxer engine with Cyl. deactivation....

Old 01-14-2013, 02:07 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
I think this will be a serious contender in the Porsche class of buyers. Setting aside the spring leaf horror, which they say is very well up to the task of managing the power, I can tell you that in the Z06, the acceleration and the general feel was way more brutal than anything happening in the Porsche. Perhaps it was just the V8 noise that made the difference but Boy that thing took of in a hurry. Actually, should I have another spare garage door. I would look at this new Corvette, it's going to be priced just above a Boxter, I hope :-).

Old 01-15-2013, 06:50 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
I just watched the Car and Driver video and the car is better and worse looking.

The general shape had so much potential. You can see it in the clay models. But the finishing and materials choices are really letting it down.

The car is just too busy and lacks grace. Worst bits are:

- The wings on the front spoiler. A distraction.
- The gloss plastic on the rear lights.
- The black scoop on the hood. Cheap looking.
- The mirrors are thick and clumsy.
- The incongruent two tone leather shape on the passenger side dash. Should not be two tone on that side.

I hope I'm wrong, I really wanted it to do well. It looks so forced compared to the Viper and completely outclassed by Audi, Porsche, and even the GTR.

Shame. I do love the C2. Vettes. That was a time when GM was designing some of the most beautiful cars in the world.

GM needs a new head of design. They have the tech but they are saddled with too much of a Toddlers and Tiaras aesthetic for me.

But that's just my opinion.

Last edited by black penguin; 01-15-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:06 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by m5_2010
I wish the my 991S had an 8 Cyl. Boxer engine with Cyl. deactivation....
Coming in the 960 (mid engine, $250 k) in a couple of years- Ferrari Italia performance and prices.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:42 AM
Hotmetal is just really niceHotmetal is just really niceHotmetal is just really niceHotmetal is just really niceHotmetal is just really nice
Nice videos.....

Last edited by Hotmetal; 01-16-2013 at 02:46 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:00 AM
MIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud of
Name came from a boat. That says it all!!!!!

Old 01-16-2013, 08:10 AM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
I find this a little odd; it seems the Corvette guys appreciate the 911 for what it is, and some on the 911 forum just don't get it?

I really thought I was going to get flamed when I posted my departure on the Corvette forum, but I was pleasantly surprised. These Corvette guys are pretty smart after all.

One quote stands out to me: "It is not all about speed. Its the experience."

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...y-so-long.html

Old 01-16-2013, 08:26 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CarreraPete
I find this a little odd; it seems the Corvette guys appreciate the 911 for what it is, and some on the 911 forum just don't get it?

I really thought I was going to get flamed when I posted my departure on the Corvette forum, but I was pleasantly surprised. These Corvette guys are pretty smart after all.

One quote stands out to me: "It is not all about speed. Its the experience."

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...y-so-long.html
As long as you don't mind being the slower car having more fun, I agree.

When I stop and pull in the to the pits, and you catch up, you can tell me all about it.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:29 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Cuba did a great job with his interviews, providing a good deal of technical insights! Still a brute force over sophistication car, and a lot of hype even from the engineers.

OMG the same electric steering as 991?

ChuckJ

Old 01-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Nuke986 has a spectacular aura aboutNuke986 has a spectacular aura about
The new Vette looks great and may push some of the Chevy/vette fans over the edge much like the 991 did for some of us.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Corvette C7 ... revealed in less than 54 minutes