porsche 991 problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 06:44 PM
alonzonima is infamous around these parts
porsche 991 problem

I have a 2012 porsche 991 with popping noise coming from the front of the car. According to the dealer ship this is normal when ambient temperature is less then 40 Degree fahrenheit. I contacted the North American Porsche and send them this video:

however they said they would not open this file since I may be sending them a virus.
So I am posting this online so they can respond to it.
Anyone else has this problem, and is it normal for the north American Porsche to give you the runaround.
Thank you

Old 01-14-2013, 06:54 PM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about
this is when the wheel is turned ... right ?

My 991 and my old 997 did this ... I feel it is due to the short wheel base and the high performance tires ... there is another thread on this ...

See below ...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ont-tires.html

Old 01-14-2013, 07:05 PM
alonzonima is infamous around these parts
thanks
I suspect this may be the problem, but I did not have similar issues with my old Porsche. I am however surprise that the Porsche would not accept this video via email. If they can build cars they should be able to scan an email for viruses.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:10 PM
flyanddive is infamous around these partsflyanddive is infamous around these parts
If you get winter tires this won't happen. The summer tires, P-zeros skip when it is cold out and the wheels are turned past a certain point. My 2013 C2S does the exact same thing on the P-zeros.

Last edited by flyanddive; 01-14-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:16 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by alonzonima
thanks
I suspect this may be the problem, but I did not have similar issues with my old Porsche. I am however surprise that the Porsche would not accept this video via email. If they can build cars they should be able to scan an email for viruses.
I've had it before, but not with Michelin tires. Now it happens on my 991 with Pirelli tires. I'm thinking of changing to Michelin tires with the time comes and hope someone who has changed will give us some G2 (feedback).

Chuck

Old 01-14-2013, 07:40 PM
onapex is infamous around these parts
don't hold it against them for not opening attachments...pretty standard practice.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:31 PM
SLVR_BULLIT is infamous around these parts
Had the same issue and did the same thing... Emailed the dealer. They watched the video, checked the car, and told me its normal

Old 01-14-2013, 11:40 PM
EnriqueCK is infamous around these parts
Mine does the exact same and pretty much at any temp. Also have P-Zeros.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:21 AM
Rainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by flyanddive
If you get winter tires this won't happen. The summer tires, P-zeros skip when it is cold out and the wheels are turned past a certain point. My 2013 C2S does the exact same thing on the P-zeros.
Ah ! That explains it. Read the thread as well before delivery but have not been able to get my front to make any unusual noises - no matter what I try. Must be the temperature. Does not get cold here.

Rainier

Old 01-15-2013, 03:06 AM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
Same thing happens on my R8 (also with pzeros) when temperature is below 45F. Solution - I just don't crank the wheel hard getting out of my driveway.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:55 AM
19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of
This is VERY common with high performance tire compounds when they get cold. It is not limited to P Zeros, all brands do this. It will go away when the temps get back above 45°-50°F or you put winter tires on.

There is nothing wrong here....

Old 01-15-2013, 07:22 AM
991s is infamous around these parts
My C63 did this when it was cold also.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:24 AM
Dadz911 is infamous around these parts
Pretty normal. My last 911 did it and my Wife's S5 does it as well.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:19 PM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
I get a similar thing no matter the temp when I turn hard left or right. I always assumed it was the tires skipping or hopping when taking a tight turn.

My $.02

Old 01-15-2013, 04:41 PM
MIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud of
Always go with the Michelin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: porsche 991 problem