EZ Pass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 11:50 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
EZ Pass

Where does everyone mount their EZ Pass? I hate seeing it anywhere on the windshield -- it is so ugly on such a beautiful car.

Any clever solutions?

Will transponder pick it up if left in the cab, like somewhere on the passenger seat (ie on the back of the headrest).

Old 01-19-2013, 12:18 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
i agree but alas, it's on the windshield.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:23 PM
waller is infamous around these parts
In the Bay Area, you don't need to use them. So long as your license plate number is associated with your account, they just take a picture and deduct it from your account. I haven't used the actual pass in years.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:34 PM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
I plasti-dipped mine and replaced the clear 3M microlock that was on it with (hard to find) black microlock. It's pretty much gone.

You aren't supposed to paint the transponders, but the plastidip can be peeled back off.

Here is what the unit looks like. I masked off the sticker so I can still see the numbers on it:

And here is a shot of the front of the car with it mounted by the mirror. I think it's even less noticeable in person.

Attached Images    
Old 01-19-2013, 03:04 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Very cool!

Old 01-19-2013, 03:16 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmm. I looked around and found an OK place, not great place, behind the registration and inspection stickers. Can't really see it from the outside and it is pretty out of the way. Using suction cups on one side to hold it. Will look to see if I can get an ez pass for front license plate to see how that looks.

Hey, Brian, I see you don't have a front license plate but live in NY. How are you getting away with that? Love you mods btw.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:42 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brianja
I plasti-dipped mine and replaced the clear 3M microlock that was on it with (hard to find) black microlock. It's pretty much gone.

You aren't supposed to paint the transponders, but the plastidip can be peeled back off.

And here is a shot of the front of the car with it mounted by the mirror. I think it's even less noticeable in person.

I was wondering what that was in the pics you posted in the C4s thread, great idea to use plasti dip!

Old 01-19-2013, 04:26 PM
Lostturbo has a spectacular aura aboutLostturbo has a spectacular aura about
I use a holder. It is black plastic with a suction cup. I just stick it on when I need it. Amazon & Walmart.com both have them.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:33 PM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
Hey, Brian, I see you don't have a front license plate but live in NY. How are you getting away with that? Love you mods btw.
Unfortunately I'm not really getting away with anything. I picked up the car just over a week ago so I still have temporary plates while my registration is issued. Once that happens I will move over to the permanent plates and I will have to run one up front. I've already been stopped once at the Holland Tunnel toll booths about the front plate. It was a very brief stop once they saw the temporaries.

I have found a front plate bracket that will not put any holes in the face of the front bumper, though. I will use that one the time comes. It is from Skene Design. It seems very well made and designed (and their customer service has been great as well). It will also allow me to unscrew and remove the front plate if I want to for photos without leaving any visible holes.

Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
I was wondering what that was in the pics you posted in the C4s thread, great idea to use plasti dip!
Thanks. A bunch of people have been bugging me about doing it to theirs once they saw it. It's really a huge improvement.

PS - I'm hoping to add some impressions to the C4S thread later on tonight. It's been a crazy week and I leave for vacation tomorrow morning at 4:30AM. Ugh.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:44 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !

Thanks. A bunch of people have been bugging me about doing it to theirs once they saw it. It's really a huge improvement.

PS - I'm hoping to add some impressions to the C4S thread later on tonight. It's been a crazy week and I leave for vacation tomorrow morning at 4:30AM. Ugh.
LOL I hope for you those hugs are coming from the female gender hahaha
Look forward to your impressions.
Oh btw if you want someone to look after your car while you go on holidays... I can be there at 4:30am no problem!

Old 01-19-2013, 07:08 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !

Here is what the unit looks like. I masked off the sticker so I can still see the numbers on it:

Very innovative!!!

ChuckJ

Old 01-19-2013, 08:43 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by waller
In the Bay Area, you don't need to use them. So long as your license plate number is associated with your account, they just take a picture and deduct it from your account. I haven't used the actual pass in years.
This...

I have 4 cars.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:28 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I had a painted one, eventually the cops at the tunnel confiscated it, now I run a regular ugly white one. Even the dipped one they will just take from you, not worth it, trust me.
Same goes for the front plate, you will be stopped and hassled every time you go thru a tunnel.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:47 PM
BOBP is infamous around these parts
I painted mine with a black king size sharpie.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:36 PM
Why would they hassle you about the front plate transponder, especially if they are providing you with it? Unless you are saying you painted the front plate transponder?

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I had a painted one, eventually the cops at the tunnel confiscated it, now I run a regular ugly white one. Even the dipped one they will just take from you, not worth it, trust me.
Same goes for the front plate, you will be stopped and hassled every time you go thru a tunnel.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EZ Pass