Child in front seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 07:13 AM
998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by CO997
Thanks for the car seat recommendation. I'll give that one a look. I have a Britax that I hear also works in the 991 back seat. So I'll see when I get the car.

Search the 991 forum. There are several threads on this topic. There are several good seats that fit inthe back. Booster and 5 point harness seats. My daughter is 5, she can legally sit in a booster. But we found that the seat belt is not optimal. The 5 point fits better. And better fit is safer.

PS. The kids love riding in it. They all groan when we have to take the family truckster.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:50 AM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 998M
Search the 991 forum. There are several threads on this topic. There are several good seats that fit inthe back. Booster and 5 point harness seats. My daughter is 5, she can legally sit in a booster. But we found that the seat belt is not optimal. The 5 point fits better. And better fit is safer.

PS. The kids love riding in it. They all groan when we have to take the family truckster.
I will have a cab, so with the top down the backseat should be just as fun as the front seat!
I didn't start this thread to ask for car seat recommendations, but thank you for them. Im always interested in what other pcar owners find works best. i statred this thread to ask what is legal for the front seat, based on the Porsche commercial I posted in the first post. It looked like they were in the US and the boy in the front looked pretty small. Seems the answer is 7 or 8 years old unless your car has no back seat, then the front seat is ok.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:01 AM
998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by CO997
I will have a cab, so with the top down the backseat should be just as fun as the front seat!
I didn't start this thread to ask for car seat recommendations, but thank you for them. Im always interested in what other pcar owners find works best. i statred this thread to ask what is legal for the front seat, based on the Porsche commercial I posted in the first post. It looked like they were in the US and the boy in the front looked pretty small. Seems the answer is 7 or 8 years old unless your car has no back seat, then the front seat is ok.

Top down will be fun. I have seen pictures of the Recaro booster in the rear of a cab.

I would check your individual state but yes, it is legal in Wisconsin but not recommended to have them in the front seat. The 997 had a dealer option to add LATCH to the front passenger seat and airbag off switch. Not sure about the 991. I was under the impression that for 2012 and beyond cars the government does not allow front airbags to be manually deactivated. I would double check this. I am not comfortable putting a child in the front seat without the pass airbag being manually turned off.