Car is completed!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 09:16 AM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CO997
Interesting that he would tell me about the hold in port now if it was only for 2011 and 2012 cars. Since I have a 2013 and PSE none of it should effect me. That being said, my car is still on port for reasons no one seems to be able to explain to me.
I don't think dealers are always truthful. I think they tell us things to get us off their back's sometimes.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:04 PM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by dhill911
I don't think dealers are always truthful. I think they tell us things to get us off their back's sometimes.
Agreed, seems to be the case here

Old 02-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
The dealer said cars built between November, 2011 and November, 2012. They would have been building 2013's back as far as August or even July.

I'm surprised that cars arriving in North America now are being held as I'm guessing that anything built up to end of November would have been in North America by Mid January at latest.

John in Vancouver

Old 02-27-2013, 06:33 PM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
Mine sat at the port of Brunswick, GA for over a week a couple of weeks ago. Was a real bummer.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:10 PM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
After just shy of two weeks in port I got an email saying my car has "flipped to in inventory" which I'm told means its finally on a truck to the dealer. I told the dealer I was starting to think they forgot to order it! So with any luck ill have it by Sat or Monday! Course it's still snowing every day so the truck may take longer than normal, but I can live with that, I'm just thrilled its finally on the way to the dealer!

Old 02-28-2013, 04:16 PM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CO997
After just shy of two weeks in port I got an email saying my car has "flipped to in inventory" which I'm told means its finally on a truck to the dealer. I told the dealer I was starting to think they forgot to order it! So with any luck ill have it by Sat or Monday! Course it's still snowing every day so the truck may take longer than normal, but I can live with that, I'm just thrilled its finally on the way to the dealer!
you are one-step ahead of me in the process! hope the weather clears in time for you. still no word from my sa about 991s coming out of san diego...fortunately the recall doesnt seem to be affecting any of us on 6sol, whew!

Old 03-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Yea I'm really happy the recall didn't hit us. Hopefully yours leaves port soon. I still have no idea why I was in port so long. Just talked to my dealer, they have not seen the car yet so we're hoping it shows up tonight or tomorrow am. I heard Porsche were working to get more detail on tracking the cars, hopefully that's true and in the future you can follow it on the road during transport. Weather is still not ideal, still snowing but the roads are pretty clear so I should be able to drive it a little this weekend if it does make it to the dealer.
Best of luck with your car - you'd have to think it's been in port long enough at this point. It still has quite a long drive from San Diego to get up to Seattle! The good news is that spring is on the way so by the time we finally get our cars we should be able to actually drive them on a regular basis!

Old 03-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
I was just told that Porsche Canada is changing their software today and over the weekend to new software from Porsche Germany that is supposed to be more current in location of cars. My dealer has to telephone Halifax to try and get me an answer as on Sunday it's two weeks since it got to Halifax.

Also, in 37 minutes it will be exactly 6 months, to the minute that I placed the order and deposit. Can anyone tell I'm getting a little annoyed?

John in Vancouver

Old 03-01-2013, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Snowczar
I was just told that Porsche Canada is changing their software today and over the weekend to new software from Porsche Germany that is supposed to be more current in location of cars. My dealer has to telephone Halifax to try and get me an answer as on Sunday it's two weeks since it got to Halifax.

Also, in 37 minutes it will be exactly 6 months, to the minute that I placed the order and deposit. Can anyone tell I'm getting a little annoyed?

John in Vancouver
6 months! Good lord, honestly I'm not sure I could do that. I ordered mine on Nov 12th and today is March 1st so it's been almost 4 months for me at this point and it's making me nuts. Especially since it sat in port for almost 2 weeks. Man I feel for you!
Here's hoping Porsche does actually update that software and you are able to track it as it crosses Canada on it's way home. I would have loved to see it on the truck on it's way to the dealer so I had some info to go on. Cause unless you call the dealer for a specific update it's all just guessing, heck its even guessing when you do call them cause they dont' know much either. Trucks just show up at the dealer, no set schedule. I had a long talk with my dealer and finance manager about the lack of communication and to their credit they acted interested in what I was saying. Even going so far to say that it will be part of their next regional meeting. Will that actually happen, who knows, but I feel better for having had the conversation...

Old 03-01-2013, 12:34 PM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Snowczar

John in Vancouver
That's terrible John! I waited 3 months for mine and I was getting very impatient when it finally showed up a couple of weeks ago. Can't imagine what you're feeling. Heck, the 2014s will be out soon after you get your car!

Old 03-01-2013, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by mtony
That's terrible John! I waited 3 months for mine and I was getting very impatient when it finally showed up a couple of weeks ago. Can't imagine what you're feeling. Heck, the 2014s will be out soon after you get your car!
Geez don't kick a man when he's down. . For that matter, dont' kick me either, .

The wait just plain sucks, there really is no other way to describe it. But it gets all better when the car shows up!!

Old 03-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by mtony
Yes but with all the delays in getting cars through Porsche Canada they will be lucky to be here much before 2014 if you special order a car like I did.

John in Vancouver

Old 03-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Well, miracles do happen!! My car has made it to the dealership! Here are a couple pics they sent me.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	299.2 KB
ID:	217036   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	329.3 KB
ID:	217037   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 5.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	268.4 KB
ID:	217038  
Old 03-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Why are they upside down?? They are not that way on my mac!

Old 03-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Congrats! She looks great even upside down!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car is completed!!!!