Car is completed!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 09:15 AM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Min911
Thanks. Maybe I should read the entire thread. I was assuming a 4 months wait, if there is a good chance the delivery can be delayed to 6 months or more I need to rethink what to do.
While anything is possible, I'm not suggesting the wait is normally that long. Again I think 3 to 4 months is normal. If your concerned maybe start a thread asking for people's wait times?

Old 03-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Almost the twin to my incoming, (now I'm told about 2 or 2.5 more weeks). Mine is White/Red/Red cab also. Full leather/18 way seats and white dials on mine plus much more.

John in Vancouver

Last edited by Snowczar; 03-02-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:46 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
The 6 month wait is a Canadian thing. All of Canada takes fewer cars than either California or Florida. Dealer allocations are few and far between compared to the US. I would think 3-4 months is norm in US. However, if you start to order a whole lot of specialty options that can delay things.

John in Vancouver

Old 03-02-2013, 12:20 PM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Snowczar
Almost the twin to my incoming, (now I'm told about 2 or 2.5 more weeks). Mine is White/Red/Red cab also. Full leather/18 way seats and white dials on mine plus much more.

John in Vancouver
If I remember correctly your 'much more' is quite a bit 'more'. ! Your car is going to be something special! Cant wait for you to get it and share some pics and driving impressions!

Old 03-03-2013, 12:15 PM
handfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by CO997
While anything is possible, I'm not suggesting the wait is normally that long. Again I think 3 to 4 months is normal. If your concerned maybe start a thread asking for people's wait times?
Especially if production occurs around Christmas and the New Year: a lot of vacation days need to be taken.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:15 PM
Kenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to all
Been reading the "CO997 Saga"...I can say..this last episode has reinstated my faith in someday getting my car (6-month wait, May-ish delivery)!!!!

Super happy for you...don't disappear on us- make sure you shoot, upload, post like crazy!!!!

Love the combo...must say...BRILLIANT on deviating floor mats

Last edited by Kenshin; 03-03-2013 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Forgot the most important part....THE CAR!!
Old 03-03-2013, 02:13 PM
I wish I had my car, but its still at the dealer. It arrived Friday afternoon and we had a mixup with finance. Long story short I wired the money expecting to pick it up Saturday but their business office is closed in Saturday so they say they won't get the money till Monday, which means they won't release the car till Monday. Fun right! Just can't seem to get my car to the house! Today, Sunday, it has snowed all day. So driving to pick it up on Monday from the dealer 90 minutes away is out, which means I'll probably have to have them deliver it next week. Somehow I doubt they will be able to do it on Minday as it wasnt scheduled earlier so at this point I just don't know when I'll actually have my car.
Good news is the snow should stop tomorrow and then start to clear up so I should be able to drive it when it does show up.
I will post better shots when I have the car, can't wait!!

Old 03-03-2013, 02:41 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
When you say delivered to you, do you mean transported, flatbed to you? If this is the case, be careful. Been reading too many stories on the forum about issues with this as the transport company screws something up, scratches car, wipes it down with dirty cloths, etc. You may be better off waiting another week or two and driving it home yourself. You have waited this long, another couple of weeks won't make a difference, and you won't have to put up with all the aggravation if something does happen during transport. For me I wouldn't trust the transport company, and would want the pleasure of driving off the lot. Just my opinion . . .

Last edited by PorscheCrazy; 03-03-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
When you say delivered to you, do you mean transported, flatbed to you? If this is the case, be careful. Been reading too many stories on the forum about issues with this as the transport company screws something up, scratches car, wipes it down with dirty cloths, etc. You may be better off waiting another week or two and driving it home yourself. You have waited this long, another couple of weeks won't make a difference, and you won't have to put up with all the aggravation if something does happen during transport. For me I wouldn't trust the transport company, and would want the pleasure of driving off the lot. Just my opinion . . .
The dealer has an enclosed trailer that they use. So it wouldn't be a third party. Still no guarantees it would show up prefect but at least it's the dealer doing it.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:28 PM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
agree that it is important to be as careful as possible!

The dealer has an enclosed trailer that they use. So it wouldn't be a third party. Still no guarantees it would show up prefect but at least it's the dealer doing it.
co997, it goes without saying, but i'm sure a phone call pre-transport with the dealer regarding worst case scenario and the driver to make sure he doesn't do anything injurious (wiping down dirty car etc) will help avert any disaster. good luck!

Old 03-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Dealer called today with news and options. First and most welcome is the installer uses Xpel, not llumar like the dealer has been telling me. So that's a relief. I am supposed to talk to the installer today. Dealer is still offering to have the car delivered or they will send a driver to my house to pick me up and bring me to the dealer. Then I can just drive it home! Supposed to stop snowing Wed morning so.... Going that route would take out the potential transport hazards and I'd get to spend some quality time with the car on the way home. It would also allow me to look the car over at the dealer before I get it home incase there are any issues. So instead of getting it today I'd get it wed or Thur. Another couple of days later then I'd like but at least the end is in sight!

Old 03-04-2013, 11:18 AM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
all good options, almost too many options. let us know how you go. wow, what a set of twisties at the end here!

Old 03-07-2013, 01:15 PM
Finally picked her up yesterday afternoon. I had the dealer come pick us up, the wife and I went without the kids so we could enjoy the first trip together in the car on our way home. I could write paragraph after paragraph, but not sure I can say much that hasn't already been said here. I will say that while I have seen pictures of white with red, yesterday was the first time I have seen it in person. I was really worried about the red roof being 'too much', but I love it. Especially from behind with the red tail lights. It was warm enough that we made part of the trip home with the top down and that was just fantastic, especially with the sport exaust on! With the top up and the Berm playing it was also spectacular. Two completely different experiences, both amazing! I got up this morning and it was snowing, so logic says leave the car in the garage, but somehow I just wasn't able to get in our LR, and I found myself in the drivers seat of the 991.... There are worse situations to find yourself in. She drove great in the snow, of course, and I loved every minute of it.
The delivery went well, the Xpel tech did a good job, and added film under the door handles while we were talking as a thank you for the business and threw in a bottle of Griots spray wax. I also had them swap out the clear side markers, put on my Porsche valve stem caps and take my key apart to put on the painted white sides. So first 'mods' complete!
It's supposed to be nice this weekend so I hope to get the top down again. The first thing my daughter (5) asked when we pulled into the driveway was can we go for a ride with the top down. So looking forward to that this weekend!!

Thanks to everyone for their participation in this thread as I waited for the car to arrive. It was overly painful, but its all good now!!!

Old 03-07-2013, 02:55 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Big congrats. Happy to see you were able to do the drive out of the lot. I remember when I drove mine out of the lot. Great experience. Enjoy her, and be careful in the snow.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:15 PM
AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !
Glad to hear the wait was worth it, and having it out in the snow the second day of ownership is pretty awesome. Congrats. Pics please.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car is completed!!!!