Car is completed!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DBYT
CO997,
It should take a week to cross. Mine was completed on 11 Oct, at German port on 15 Oct, arrived at Rhode Island on 27 Oct and dealer had my car on 31 Oct. Hope that helps.
Really!?
Damn... did it come by hovercraft!?
That is really, really fast!
Most things I've shipped (container) takes 4 weeks from Amsterdam to Halifax, but it depends on the time of the year (currents, waves and such I've been told).

Oh boy if it gets here that fast I'm going to start kissing everyone at the dealer... hmmm not sure if most of the guys would appreciate that.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:07 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CO997
Thanks Darren yes that helps a lot. Not sure I want to get my hopes up, cause who knows what delays there could be. However that would mean there is a great chance I might have my car in hand before the 15th of Feb!
Wow, I need to go in vacation or something. I need some kind of distraction for the next few weeks. I have already looked up ship tracking sites and webcams for Bremerhaven.
Oh crap, it's gonna be a long next few weeks!!!
I know how you feel! I was in Asia on business when my car arrived and I only got back 2 weeks after my car arrived. I spent many sleepless nights co-ordinating between dealer and other suppliers to have my car wrapped and radar installed while I was away.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:09 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Really!?
Damn... did it come by hovercraft!?
That is really, really fast!
Most things I've shipped (container) takes 4 weeks from Amsterdam to Halifax, but it depends on the time of the year (currents, waves and such I've been told).

Oh boy if it gets here that fast I'm going to start kissing everyone at the dealer... hmmm not sure if most of the guys would appreciate that.
Sid,
I had to wire a little bonus to the captain of the ship to put throttle to full stops! Hehe...

Old 01-21-2013, 08:11 PM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
I know how you feel! I was in Asia on business when my car arrived and I only got back 2 weeks after my car arrived. I spent many sleepless nights co-ordinating between dealer and other suppliers to have my car wrapped and radar installed while I was away.
I remember that. I remember reading your thread thinking how I'd loose my mind if my car was here waiting for me and I was on the other side of the world unable to pick it up for a couple of weeks. However your car came out fantastic! So I'm sure it was all the more enjoyable to come home to.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:11 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Sid,
I had to wire a little bonus to the captain of the ship to put throttle to full stops! Hehe...
One bonus... on it's way!!

Old 01-21-2013, 08:16 PM
You and Sid are in the home stretch. Hang in there guys, won't be long now!

Old 01-21-2013, 08:19 PM
I remember that. I remember reading your thread thinking how I'd loose my mind if my car was here waiting for me and I was on the other side of the world unable to pick it up for a couple of weeks. However your car came out fantastic! So I'm sure it was all the more enjoyable to come home to.
I was so anxious to get home to take delivery that I actually dumped a whole return leg of my ticket, which was not changeable and got another one on points to get home 24 hrs earlier. That's how badly I wanted to get back!

Old 01-21-2013, 08:28 PM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
I was so anxious to get home to take delivery that I actually dumped a whole return leg of my ticket, which was not changeable and got another one on points to get home 24 hrs earlier. That's how badly I wanted to get back!
I can see you in the hotel after your business was complete thinking, how fast can I get home, what will it cost me, does it make sense? How many points for just 24 hours earlier??! Ah who cares about logic and reason, just get me on that damn plane and tell the capt to haul-***!!

Yea I can relate to that internal discussion, .

Old 01-21-2013, 08:42 PM
I can see you in the hotel after your business was complete thinking, how fast can I get home, what will it cost me, does it make sense? How many points for just 24 hours earlier??! Ah who cares about logic and reason, just get me on that damn plane and tell the capt to haul-***!!

Yea I can relate to that internal discussion, .
That was exactly what went through my mind! Plus, I had the added excuse of needing to be back 24 hrs earlier to take my 8 yr old to a father daughter dance. So in the end, I not only got to pick my car up 24 hours earlier but I also scored big brownie points with wife and daughter for jumping through hoops to make it back in time for the father/daughter dance! Total win on all fronts

Old 01-21-2013, 11:39 PM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
co997 and sid,

sorry to be late to the party, but it looks like all 3 of us are in the same boat, literally! I just got the email and vin...!

no additional details yet, lets keep an eye out on ship info together. trying to play it cool, still got 6 weeks probably, yes? don't even want to thinkabout it otherwise gonna go CRAZY! wait, I think I already passed that stage, now just foaming at the mouth and mumbling to myself....

it is very cool to know that the car is physically completed and in the Z. factory as we speak.

IT LIVES!!! U

Old 01-22-2013, 09:21 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
My 991S Cab X51 was completed Friday the 18th. Dealer advises could get on ship before monthend but not sure. The every two weeks info above may not be correct for US bound cars. Often there are ships in between. Unfortunately, my car goes to Halifax and that destination is every two weeks. My car was produced 110 days after order placed.

John in Vancouver

Old 01-22-2013, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by oldman40
co997 and sid,

sorry to be late to the party, but it looks like all 3 of us are in the same boat, literally! I just got the email and vin...!

no additional details yet, lets keep an eye out on ship info together. trying to play it cool, still got 6 weeks probably, yes? don't even want to thinkabout it otherwise gonna go CRAZY! wait, I think I already passed that stage, now just foaming at the mouth and mumbling to myself....

it is very cool to know that the car is physically completed and in the Z. factory as we speak.

IT LIVES!!! U

No worries -your not late to the party!! Congrats on your great news!! It is a pretty great feeling, isn't it?! AS I said earlier it's almost surreal to me at this point.
I also do not have any additional details on ship name or even my VIN. Hope to get more info from the dealer today.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:20 AM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
No worries -your not late to the party!! Congrats on your great news!! It is a pretty great feeling, isn't it?! AS I said earlier it's almost surreal to me at this point.
I also do not have any additional details on ship name or even my VIN. Hope to get more info from the dealer today.
totally surreal, yes! let me know if you get any more details from the dealer, and I'll do the same....deep breaths, tryingtoremain calm....

Old 01-22-2013, 01:39 PM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
My dealer stil didn't have a ship name today. If it's anything like the BMW factory, the cars get on a train to get to the port. That takes a couple of days.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:45 PM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
When I was in Zuffenhausen in the fall I saw truckloads of 911's going to Bremerhavn where they normally catch the ship. I think it normally takes as much as 6-7 days from completion to the port. Then the car waits for a ship. My dealer thinks he'll know the ship early/mid next week. He did give me the VIN today though. Last 5 digits 55581. Anyone of those with cars completed in past week close to that number?

John in Vancouver

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car is completed!!!!