Car is completed!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 02:13 PM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
I sent an email to my dealer asking about the vin and ship and he wasn't able to provide much more detail.
He replied with: "Yes I can get you the vin tomorrow when I return. The shipping schedules post on a weekly basis. Should have the vessel name next week. If I get it sooner than that I will let you know."
So here's hoping I have my VIN tomorrow and a vessel name shortly thereafter!

Old 01-22-2013, 03:33 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CO997
I know it's frustrating for sure. God know we've all waited long enough! Especially Sid! I'm just taking each communication as a positive forward toward finally having my car.
I think for my next Porsche, I'm just gonna move to Germany so I can just drive straight to the factory to pick it up. This waiting months for my car is making me nuts!!!

Originally Posted by oldman40

co997 and sid, sorry to be late to the party, but it looks like all 3 of us are in the same boat, literally! I just got the email and vin...!

no additional details yet, lets keep an eye out on ship info together. trying to play it cool, still got 6 weeks probably, yes? don't even want to thinkabout it otherwise gonna go CRAZY! wait, I think I already passed that stage, now just foaming at the mouth and mumbling to myself....

it is very cool to know that the car is physically completed and in the Z. factory as we speak.

IT LIVES!!! U
Hahahaha when you have reached that level of "enlightenment" I think that means you are ready for the next phase... I don't remember as I lost my mind just before that point.

It would definitely be cool to all be on "the same boat", there might be others on 6speed as well, so yeah lets keep each other informed.
Besides, "misery loves company"!

Originally Posted by Snowczar
My 991S Cab X51 was completed Friday the 18th. Dealer advises could get on ship before monthend but not sure. The every two weeks info above may not be correct for US bound cars. Often there are ships in between. Unfortunately, my car goes to Halifax and that destination is every two weeks. My car was produced 110 days after order placed.

John in Vancouver
Hmmm sounds like you'll be on the same boat as well.... although I concur with your statement re; "2 weeks for Canada bound vessels not sure about US".
I posted this caveat in my "the new C4S" thread but realize I omitted that part here.

I wonder if the same Vessel does the entire eastern seaport starting in Halifax and moving down the coast or if it's Canada and US separately?

I sent an email to my dealer asking about the vin and ship and he wasn't able to provide much more detail.
He replied with: "Yes I can get you the vin tomorrow when I return. The shipping schedules post on a weekly basis. Should have the vessel name next week. If I get it sooner than that I will let you know."
Yup same info I got (except for the vin, my sales guy did provide that).
I got it I got, I got... I, I , I got it ....I got it, I g... Oooooh I'm sorry!

Hehehehe I got it, I got, I got... I got .... hehehe

Attached Images  
Old 01-22-2013, 03:39 PM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by psycho sid
!!!!congrats!!!!
hahaha here ya go buddy!
although the one in the pink represents the wide body a bit better than my girls did... But hey maybe they can all party together, whoopwhoop...whoopwhoop ...who...
every body needs some dancing girls!

regarding your vin... Yes that's the first thing i got from my dealer when he told me the car had finished production.
Btw since your car is done now it means are cars should be on the same vessel on feb1st.
lol!

Old 01-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Not all the vessels that go down the Eastern seaboard stop in Halifax on the way. Rembember we only get far less than 10% of all cars (not just Porsche) that come to North America delivered to Canadian buyers. I'm guessing that it's not unusual for there not to be enough cars ready in Bremerhavn at some times to cost justify a stop in Halifax.

John in Vancouver

Old 01-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Neloho is infamous around these parts
Five auto transport ships are currently in Bremerhaven:
Liberty Ace
Dover Highway
Georgia Highway
Figaro
Coral Leader.

If your vehicle leaves Germany in the next few days, it will likely be on one of these ships.

Last edited by Neloho; 01-22-2013 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Correction - additional ship added
Old 01-22-2013, 04:59 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
If you do a search on shipping in the 991 forum, you will find links by members who have posted shipping schedules. That's how I found my shipping info and was able to track the ship across the pond.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:03 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Shipping schedules from Bremerhaven

Here you go, found the updated shipping schedule:
http://www.pwl.de/static/schedules/vwl_hb.pdf

Old 01-22-2013, 05:25 PM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
i was so stinking happy today that i was almost excited to send my vin to my insurance agent for a quote....that's just retarded!

Originally Posted by DBYT
thanks dbyt, i'm hoping the us-west ship isn't mine, since it says arrival in late march! serious though, can't they just put these things in a c4 transport instead?!? porsche could make that one expensive checkbox on the configurator: fedex delivery...

Originally Posted by Psycho Sid

Hahahaha when you have reached that level of "enlightenment" I think that means you are ready for the next phase... I don't remember as I lost my mind just before that point.

It would definitely be cool to all be on "the same boat", there might be others on 6speed as well, so yeah lets keep each other informed.
Besides, "misery loves company"!

very true! we need to keep distracting each other (keep the dancing girls coming!) until delivery. seriously, more girls please...ha!

Old 01-22-2013, 05:25 PM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
So if I'm reading this correctly the Pardise Ace should be in Davisville RI on the 12th of Feb, then Houston on the 18th

Then for Sid - The Sincerity Ace will be in Halifax on the 15th.

So less then a month away for all of us on either coast. That is assuming our cars are actually on those ships.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:27 PM
So if I'm reading this correctly the Pardise Ace should be in Davisville RI on the 12th of Feb, then Houston on the 18th

Then for Sid - The Sincerity Ace will be in Halifax on the 15th.

So less then a month away for all of us on either coast. That is assuming our cars are actually on those ships.
Sorry, there might be ships leaving Emden before end of the month. I have been trying to find the previous schedule that would show it. I would think yours and Sid's might be on the ships that leave before the end of the month.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:29 PM
Neloho is infamous around these parts
Porsche uses additional shipping companies like the NYK Line that are not included in the Lampke schedule. For example, the schedule referenced does not show any ships headed to the west coast until Feb. 28th. There will actually be vehicles bound for the west coast every 7 to 10 days. The ship that transported my car never appeared on any schedule except the arrival schedule for San Diego.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:57 PM
Looks like the only way to track which ships are leaving Emden before the end of the month can only be found here http://www.fleetmon.com/en/ports/Emden_5757
Hope that helps. I tried finding a copy of the schedule that showed departures until end of Jan but came up empty. One you have the name of the vessel, you can track it via vesseltracker.com

Old 01-22-2013, 06:01 PM
Looks like the only way to track which ships are leaving Emden before the end of the month can only be found here http://www.fleetmon.com/en/ports/Emden_5757
Hope that helps. I tried finding a copy of the schedule that showed departures until end of Jan but came up empty. One you have the name of the vessel, you can track it via vesseltracker.com
Thanks for all your research and help! I'm sure we will all be combing thru these sites looking for any scrap of info. But really until we know the vessel it's just guessing at this point. Not that it still isn't fun!! It's about the only way besides these forums I have of keeping my sanity!

Old 01-22-2013, 06:06 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by oldman40
i was so stinking happy today that i was almost excited to send my vin to my insurance agent for a quote....that's just retarded!

thanks dbyt, i'm hoping the us-west ship isn't mine, since it says arrival in late march! serious though, can't they just put these things in a c4 transport instead?!? porsche could make that one expensive checkbox on the configurator: fedex delivery...

very true! we need to keep distracting each other (keep the dancing girls coming!) until delivery. seriously, more girls please...ha!
Re; insurance...
I just did that this afternoon (request insurance quote with my vin)... the problem that I foresee is the fact that I've got one of the first C4S cabs in Canada & US (so I'm told) most of the first wave are "launch models" for dealer showrooms so there really is no comparison yet, hell it's not even a car which is officially in existence right now.
They will probably only be able to give me a quote for 2013 C4S Coupe (although there's not many of those around yet either) or a 2013 C2S Cab.

Ah well... at least these kinds of issues means... IT'S COMING!!!

Re; DBYT...
I'll second that, THANKS DARREN!!

Re; dancing girls...
Hey we don't want to distract you too much... there has to be a little misery left, it's all part of zeeee Germainish meester planneee der Porscha spielleeee... verstehst du!?, understand ya!!!?

Make them begs for their overpriced "toys" and they will loveeeee their 911's that much more!!

Hmmm next time ze suckers will sssspend even more on der "options" ....
As a matter of fact... I'm sure we can charge ze "suckers" at least 9K more and actually have the cars come without wheels... at all...
Jajajajaaa! what about ze steering wheel... ja... noooo steering wheel... das is aber doch brilliant!!!

For crying out loud man... your wallet, your wallet!!!!!!

Old 01-22-2013, 06:10 PM
Thanks for all your research and help! I'm sure we will all be combing thru these sites looking for any scrap of info. But really until we know the vessel it's just guessing at this point. Not that it still isn't fun!! It's about the only way besides these forums I have of keeping my sanity!
I was in your shoes in Oct. I scoured every marine site trying to track the ship. I was lucky to have a copy of the right schedule so I could tell my Porsche dealer which ship the car was on.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car is completed!!!!