Car is completed!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 06:27 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CO997
So if I'm reading this correctly the Pardise Ace should be in Davisville RI on the 12th of Feb, then Houston on the 18th

Then for Sid - The Sincerity Ace will be in Halifax on the 15th.

So less then a month away for all of us on either coast. That is assuming our cars are actually on those ships.
OK if this is true I'm going to be one VERY happy man!!
The thing is though that would mean it crosses the ocean in 9 days... that seems awfully fast!

My google search comes up with an average of 3 weeks, Porsche says 4 to 6 weeks (probably including customs, ground transport and prep).
Mind you... it could be 6 weeks including the above and the average waiting time between rolling of the line and the next available vessel...

10 days would be awesome... but I'm not going to count on it, I can't!... if it doesn't happen my head might split open!

Tennnn daysssss... ten days... NO, yes, no, yes...

Old 01-22-2013, 06:36 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DBYT
Looks like the only way to track which ships are leaving Emden before the end of the month can only be found here http://www.fleetmon.com/en/ports/Emden_5757
Hope that helps. I tried finding a copy of the schedule that showed departures until end of Jan but came up empty. One you have the name of the vessel, you can track it via vesseltracker.com
I've said before I'll say it again... YOU'RE THE MAN!!
Thanks Darren!

Here's a few more vessel tracking sites.
http://www.vesseltracker.com/en/Port...ck/Events.html
http://marinetraffic.com/ais/

Originally Posted by Neloho
Porsche uses additional shipping companies like the NYK Line that are not included in the Lampke schedule. For example, the schedule referenced does not show any ships headed to the west coast until Feb. 28th. There will actually be vehicles bound for the west coast every 7 to 10 days. The ship that transported my car never appeared on any schedule except the arrival schedule for San Diego.
Welcome to the mad house.
Thanks for the info in both of your posts, much appreciated.

Cheers!

Old 01-22-2013, 06:41 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Any time Sid!

Old 01-23-2013, 09:16 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
OK if this is true I'm going to be one VERY happy man!!
The thing is though that would mean it crosses the ocean in 9 days... that seems awfully fast!

My google search comes up with an average of 3 weeks, Porsche says 4 to 6 weeks (probably including customs, ground transport and prep).
Mind you... it could be 6 weeks including the above and the average waiting time between rolling of the line and the next available vessel...

10 days would be awesome... but I'm not going to count on it, I can't!... if it doesn't happen my head might split open!

Tennnn daysssss... ten days... NO, yes, no, yes...
Don't forget the Canadian cars can sit in Halifax for a while also. A friend of mine's Mercedes sat there two weeks! The 9-10 day Atlantic crossing does seem about right to me though given some passenger ships do it in 5 days. The our cars get the pleasure of being trucked in my case all the way to the West Coast.

John in Vancouver

Old 01-23-2013, 09:49 AM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
Geez, really? I guess its actually quicker to drive across the country than take the ship around. But for US west coast cars the ship goes around. Wouldn't seem that much farther north for your area.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:54 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
The problem is lack of volume to the West Coast. Only RO RO ships that come to Vancouver are from ASIA. Canadian volume of German cars is insignificant (so to speak - 10% of US imports or less) so virtually all European companies use Halifax. As mentioned such low volume that would be for Western Canada does not cost justify setting up something in Vancouver. Also, it appears US west coast cars go to San Diego which is also a long way from here.

John in Vancouver

Old 01-23-2013, 10:07 AM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Snowczar
When I was in Zuffenhausen in the fall I saw truckloads of 911's going to Bremerhavn where they normally catch the ship. I think it normally takes as much as 6-7 days from completion to the port. Then the car waits for a ship. My dealer thinks he'll know the ship early/mid next week. He did give me the VIN today though. Last 5 digits 55581. Anyone of those with cars completed in past week close to that number?

John in Vancouver
I just got my ViN today. Last 5 are 41152. Seems a long way off from your last 5. Wonder if the vin is different for each country??
Still no word on vessel name though.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:55 AM
Surprising on the VIN as I don't think the last 4 or 5 digits mean anything other than production number. The country codes are buried near the front of the VIN number I think. My dealer indicated he's hoping to have Ship name early next week. Given that Halifax only gets a very few ships and the next one bound for Halifax leaves Germany on Feb 6 I sure hope the car makes that one. That ship arrives Feb 15 then still 2-3 weeks to truck the car across the country. The next ship is 2 weeks later.

John in Vancouver

Old 01-23-2013, 04:08 PM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
My salesman just informed me that my car is on a vessel. He said that it usually takes a couple of days to get the vessel name. Looks like my car should be on its way to the US before the end of the month.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:11 PM
Normally the RORO ships do not stay in the German port more than a day or so. If it's on the ship today I'd say it will be on it's way tomorrow.

John in Vancouver

Old 01-23-2013, 04:17 PM
The Ship "Liberty Ace" which is a RORO was scheduled to leave Bremerhavn at 11:30 tonight, European time. Next stop is Baltimore to arrive Feb 3 at 09:30. Then to Brunswick (whereever that is) then Cartagena.

John in Vancouver

Old 01-23-2013, 04:28 PM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
The Ship "Liberty Ace" which is a RORO was scheduled to leave Bremerhavn at 11:30 tonight, European time. Next stop is Baltimore to arrive Feb 3 at 09:30. Then to Brunswick (whereever that is) then Cartagena.

John in Vancouver
Brunswick is the port just south of Savannah, GA. Hopefully that's where my car will get off the ship for the ride to Atlanta!

Last edited by mtony; 01-23-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by mtony
My salesman just informed me that my car is on a vessel. He said that it usually takes a couple of days to get the vessel name. Looks like my car should be on its way to the US before the end of the month.
Fantastic new Mtony!! let us know when you get a vessel name and how tracking it goes for you!
I sure hope I get a call like that soon!!!

Old 01-23-2013, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by CO997
Fantastic new Mtony!! let us know when you get a vessel name and how tracking it goes for you!
I sure hope I get a call like that soon!!!
Yep + 1!
It's great to see so many of us in the last phase of of this agonizing journey.
Pfewwww I'll be happy when we actually have these beauties in our hands!

Old 01-23-2013, 06:12 PM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
Surprising on the VIN as I don't think the last 4 or 5 digits mean anything other than production number. The country codes are buried near the front of the VIN number I think. My dealer indicated he's hoping to have Ship name early next week. Given that Halifax only gets a very few ships and the next one bound for Halifax leaves Germany on Feb 6 I sure hope the car makes that one. That ship arrives Feb 15 then still 2-3 weeks to truck the car across the country. The next ship is 2 weeks later.

John in Vancouver
mine is 55499, pretty close to john's. still waiting to hear from dealer on the shipping details....gotta dig in here, still a few weeks to go...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car is completed!!!!