Car is completed!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 06:22 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by oldman40
mine is 55499, pretty close to john's. still waiting to hear from dealer on the shipping details....gotta dig in here, still a few weeks to go...
Mine is 55650... is yours a coupe or cab.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:44 PM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
I have a cab and mine are 41152. If you all have coupes maybe that's why mine is so far off from yours??

Old 01-23-2013, 06:57 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CO997
I have a cab and mine are 41152. If you all have coupes maybe that's why mine is so far off from yours??
I've got a cab too.
It is strange... but in the end it's just a number, as long as you get your baby... who the hell care.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:11 PM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of

I've got a cab too.
It is strange... but in the end it's just a number, as long as you get your baby... who the hell care.
Yup totally agree. I am so ready! I tried to order a vanity plate tonight cause I have my ViN now but the car needs to be registered and titled before I can do that. Thanks to RNL for setting me straight. I even called to harass my dealer today just to make sure there aren't any other details he could provide me. I tho m I'm starting to loose it

Old 01-23-2013, 08:04 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Yup totally agree. I am so ready! I tried to order a vanity plate tonight cause I have my ViN now but the car needs to be registered and titled before I can do that. Thanks to RNL for setting me straight. I even called to harass my dealer today just to make sure there aren't any other details he could provide me. I tho m I'm starting to loose it
CO997,
Looks like we both on the same wavelength on a number of things. You are retracing my steps from a few months ago! . Took me a while to get my personalised plates. Was harassing the dealer for weeks, even after I got my car because their title people did not give me the title number etc.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:32 PM
Arrow

Originally Posted by DBYT
CO997,
Looks like we both on the same wavelength on a number of things. You are retracing my steps from a few months ago! . Took me a while to get my personalised plates. Was harassing the dealer for weeks, even after I got my car because their title people did not give me the title number etc.
Well thanks for mentioning that now, gives me the opportunity to get on them right from the start about getting that paperwork complete ASAP! It's probably fun for youth sit back now and watch all of us squirm trying to do all the same things you already did!

Old 01-23-2013, 08:38 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Well thanks for mentioning that now, gives me the opportunity to get on them right from the start about getting that paperwork complete ASAP! It's probably fun for youth sit back now and watch all of us squirm trying to do all the same things you already did!
I am totally living vicariously through you guys! Taking delivery of my 991 only just ranks behind my wedding day and the birth of my daughter in terms of pure excitement!

Old 01-23-2013, 09:28 PM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry for the late post, yes mine is a cab too. this is the agony and the ecstasy! (still waiting forthe latter.....!)

Old 01-29-2013, 06:13 AM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
Did anyone get the name of the vessel their car is on? Just wondering if I should pester my salesperson again to see if he finally got a name.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:58 AM
I have not heard a thing from my dealer. In his defense he did say early this week, but I'm apparently not a patient man! As far as I'm concerned Tuesday am is almost past early week, heck it's almost mid week.
Really hoping to hear from him today. I think I'll give it till after lunch and if he hasn't contacted me I'll try him.
If anyone else hears please let us know.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:32 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
My car was completed on January 18. The dealer checked yesterday morning and no word on ship yet. He's going to check again tomorrow. According to the shipping info I've seen there is a ship to Halifax on Feb 6 and again Feb 15. Going backwards that means there may have been a ship departing for Halifax yesterday but I'm only guessing. Last dealer guess was the Feb 6 date though.

John in Vancouver

Old 01-29-2013, 09:06 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
On the subject of personalized plates I am lucky in that I can take the plate from my BMW 650 Cab which is TOYTOO and put it on the 991. That plate spent 25+years on my '82 911SC targa. I have TOY (which spent 25+ years on my first 911, a '72 Targa) on the Turbo Cab. The spelling of TOO on the plate is correct (means also).

The 650 will get a new plate which I can't apply for until I do the plate switch which of course is when the car gets here. In BC you get regular plates immediately on registration with the Insurance agent. No waiting.

John in Vancouver

Old 01-29-2013, 09:27 AM
I shot off an email to the dealer. Apparently I was not able to wait till after lunch today..... We will see what kind of reply I get. I know it's still a long wait but it would be great to have some new info, like ship name and when it's scheduled to leave port.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:35 AM
I shot off an email to the dealer. Apparently I was not able to wait till after lunch today..... We will see what kind of reply I get. I know it's still a long wait but it would be great to have some new info, like ship name and when it's scheduled to leave port.

From what I've heard around and been told by my own dealer the PAG system is not actually set up to notify of data whatsoever once the car leaves the production line... info regarding shipping has to be requested by the dealer and isn't available untill the cars are actually loaded on board.

I'm not liking it or even accepting it but it is what it is... between all us we'll drive our dealer crazy and maybe get some answers after all.

Power to the people (Porsche people that is!)

Old 01-29-2013, 09:40 AM
Above is correct. The dealer does not know the name of the ship until the car is loaded and the ship probably has left port. Apparantly there is a day or two lag between loading and the dealer being able to get the information.

John in Vancouver

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car is completed!!!!