Car is completed!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 07:36 AM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mtony
Just heard that my ship, the Cougar Ace was in Massachusetts today, In case anyone else has a car on that ship.
That means its getting close to you now!! How many more stops between Mass and GA? Can't be that many. Outstanding, you will have your baby soon!! Keep us updated!

Old 02-13-2013, 02:24 PM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
Just found out my car is actually on the Pleasure Ace, which is scheduled to make port a couple days late in Davisville RI. Guessing the storm has caused this. It's still off the grid so can't see for sure but it was supposed to be there on the 14th and now it seems that it will be the 17th. Dealer has been telling me it was on the Bangkok highway which is about a week behind, but that timing didn't make sense to me. Dealer finally sent an email today confirming Pleasure Ace! Not sure how long it will take from port to dealership. Ri to Cleveland, but maybe I'll have the car by the 23rd???

Old 02-13-2013, 03:03 PM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
So my car arrived in Brunswick, GA on Saturday, but has still not made it to the dealer. I guess it gets held up at the port for a few days. I know that BMWs get some sort of initial prep work done near the port. I guess Porsche does the same???

Last edited by mtony; 02-13-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:26 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
So my car arrived in Brunswick, GA on Saturday, but has still not made it to the dealer. I guess it gtes held up at the port for a few days. I know that BMWs get some sort of initial prep work done near the port. I guess Porsche does the same???
It'll probably get released today or tomorrow. Cars that are custom orders (sold) get released as a priority and should be on the way to your dealer pronto. I would just call your dealer to get an update. You must be excited! Enjoy the moments.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Boy am I spending too much time on this! Found a website (the National Hurricane Centre site) where you can input the lat/long of two positions and it tells instantly the distance! So the last time Sincerity Ace was located was exeactly (about) 2327 miles from Halifax harbour. At 18 knots that should put her in Halifax about 5.4 days. Obviously she's not making 18 knots as real time appears to be about 6.5 days from last location. Current planned arrival is 0500 Saturday rather than about 0400 Friday.

John in Vancouver

Old 02-13-2013, 04:46 PM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CO997
Just found out my car is actually on the Pleasure Ace, which is scheduled to make port a couple days late in Davisville RI. Guessing the storm has caused this. It's still off the grid so can't see for sure but it was supposed to be there on the 14th and now it seems that it will be the 17th. Dealer has been telling me it was on the Bangkok highway which is about a week behind, but that timing didn't make sense to me. Dealer finally sent an email today confirming Pleasure Ace! Not sure how long it will take from port to dealership. Ri to Cleveland, but maybe I'll have the car by the 23rd???
wow, what a head fake the dealer gave you! makes more sense now. so you think it might take about week to get from port to dealer prep? mine will be at port on feb 28th supposedly, but i think early based on current progress of the ship.

Originally Posted by Snowczar
Boy am I spending too much time on this! Found a website (the National Hurricane Centre site) where you can input the lat/long of two positions and it tells instantly the distance! So the last time Sincerity Ace was located was exeactly (about) 2327 miles from Halifax harbour. At 18 knots that should put her in Halifax about 5.4 days. Obviously she's not making 18 knots as real time appears to be about 6.5 days from last location. Current planned arrival is 0500 Saturday rather than about 0400 Friday.

John in Vancouver
laughing, who knew buying a 991 would turn us into nautical navigators! at least it passes the time until delivery day.

So my car arrived in Brunswick, GA on Saturday, but has still not made it to the dealer. I guess it gets held up at the port for a few days. I know that BMWs get some sort of initial prep work done near the port. I guess Porsche does the same???
not sure, but let us know the time it take to get from port to dealer delivery! you are so close....

Old 02-13-2013, 05:02 PM
Yea I was really bummed when he sent the email saying it was on a later ship. I had been tracking the Pleasure Ace the whole time and was getting pumped for that date so to get the news that it was on a later was a killer. Anyway glad that's all over. I asked how long from port to the dealer and hot the normal response. They have no idea, are not notified, just know when the truck shows up at the dealership. I really want to the there when it arrives to see it come off the truck, get unwrapped and go they the inspection. I'm about 90 minutes from the dealer so that's gonna be tough if I can't get any notification from the dealer about when it will arrive.
I can't be the only one that wants to be there for that, how do other work that timing out?

Old 02-14-2013, 09:37 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
I was a boater/sailor for 20+ years. I used to have a hand calculator that cost about $100 that did all these calculations so knew I could find a calculator on the web somehow/somewhere. I had the definition of 2 foot itis over those years. Started with 20' sail, then 28' sail, then 37' Power then 70' power! Last one was actually a converted WW II PT Boat that served in Canada for our Air Force! Converted to look like 1960's Vintage Chris Craft.

John in Vancouver

Old 02-14-2013, 10:07 AM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by oldman40
wow, what a head fake the dealer gave you! makes more sense now. so you think it might take about week to get from port to dealer prep? mine will be at port on feb 28th supposedly, but i think early based on current progress of the ship.

laughing, who knew buying a 991 would turn us into nautical navigators! at least it passes the time until delivery day.

not sure, but let us know the time it take to get from port to dealer delivery! you are so close....
Well, as of today, my car has still not been released from port. To make matters worse, I'm going out of town until next Wednesday, so the car will probably sit at the dealer for a couple of days waiting for me to pick it up.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:23 AM
I think I'm going to have the same problem. Car will probably be ready for delivery on March 8 and I leave that morning for the PCA Zone 6 President's meeting in Bend Or. at the same time. Won't get it until the following week.

John in Vancouver

Old 02-14-2013, 11:47 AM
I think I'm going to have the same problem. Car will probably be ready for delivery on March 8 and I leave that morning for the PCA Zone 6 President's meeting in Bend Or. at the same time. Won't get it until the following week.

John in Vancouver
John and Mtony-
That's agony for the both of you! It's almost as bad as DYBT being stuck in Asia while us car was at the dealer! I wish there was more info about why they get stuck at the port for so long. Sometimes it's a day, sometimes it's a week. They say custom ordered cars get out faster but I'm not sure that's true always.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:53 PM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute

John in Vancouver
Well, as of today, my car has still not been released from port. To make matters worse, I'm going out of town until next Wednesday, so the car will probably sit at the dealer for a couple of days waiting for me to pick it up.

wow, that is TORTURE fellas! and for john, that is some serious irony.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:45 PM
iLeo is infamous around these parts
Congrats!

Old 02-15-2013, 03:41 PM
I'm on the Paradise Ace. It was originally scheduled to arrive in Davisville, RI on the 14th of Feb. However the storm changed it's course and it was updated to the 17th of Feb. I just went back in to marinetraffic.com to see if it was in range but it's still showing out of range. Then I looked at the last update on ETA and it shows 15 Feb at 1900 UTC. That's today, I'd expect if it was that close then it would be in range, so I'm not sure if the site is correct or not. I sure hope it's correct, that would mean I'd have a great chance of getting my car by next weekend! I'll keep checking for updates - hopefully it shows up on the map soon!

Old 02-15-2013, 04:49 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
The final countdown begins! Not long now CO997! Not long now!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car is completed!!!!