Car is completed!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 09:10 PM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CO997
I'm on the Paradise Ace. It was originally scheduled to arrive in Davisville, RI on the 14th of Feb. However the storm changed it's course and it was updated to the 17th of Feb. I just went back in to marinetraffic.com to see if it was in range but it's still showing out of range. Then I looked at the last update on ETA and it shows 15 Feb at 1900 UTC. That's today, I'd expect if it was that close then it would be in range, so I'm not sure if the site is correct or not. I sure hope it's correct, that would mean I'd have a great chance of getting my car by next weekend! I'll keep checking for updates - hopefully it shows up on the map soon!
oh man, you are so close! excited for you, let us know when your dealer gets you a delivery date.

Old 02-16-2013, 02:24 PM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
For those of you tracking your ship\car on Marinetraffic, I found another link that appears to have more up to date info. http://molroro.com/MOLVesselSchedule.aspx. Put in your ship name and hit search. Marinetraffic.com says my ship is still out of area. However I went to this site and it show's she made port in RI this morning at 0800:

Vessel Dsch Voyage Load Voyage Port Arrival at Berth Dept from Berth
PARADISE ACE 0065A 0066A Emden 02 Feb 13 14:15 05 Feb 13 01:10
PARADISE ACE 0066A 0066A Davisville VW 16 Feb 13 08:00 16 Feb 13 21:00
PARADISE ACE 0066A 0066A Houston VW 21 Feb 13 14:00 23 Feb 13 16:02
PARADISE ACE 0066A 0066A Veracruz 25 Feb 13 08:00 27 Feb 13 16:00

Once the ship leaves Davisville, if it's going to Houston or Veracruz, your car has (most likely....hopefully) been offloaded. Your car is now with Norad, Inc (http://www.noradinc.com/) being processed at the port. All port-installed accessories are being installed, checks are being made, and it's getting loaded on truck or rail to get to the dealership.

Not sure if every ship is on this site but there was a long list. Hope this info is helpful for others like me desperate for any shred of info!! Looks like there is finally light at the end of the tunnel for me!!

Old 02-16-2013, 03:10 PM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
The second site is also not current. It shows the Sincerity Ace docking today at 2100. Normally all ship times are based on the UTC which is Greenwich time. 2100 would be 1700 in Halifax which was 1 hour ago. Yet the ship is still off the grid. I think the times on the second site are also estimates.

John in Vancouver

Old 02-16-2013, 03:59 PM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Snowczar
The second site is also not current. It shows the Sincerity Ace docking today at 2100. Normally all ship times are based on the UTC which is Greenwich time. 2100 would be 1700 in Halifax which was 1 hour ago. Yet the ship is still off the grid. I think the times on the second site are also estimates.

John in Vancouver
Geez John, your killing me! Is it possible marinetraffic is just not updating properly which is why it's stil showing off the grid? I'm not sure which if either is correct. I was actually looking for a port schedule for Davisville. The logic being that they would have a schedule of when ships arrived. Instead I found the other link I posted. Paradise Ace was originally scheduled for the 14th, then pushed to the 17th, then the 15th, so today at 0800 is plausible.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:03 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Sincerity Ace is now showing as being in Halifax. Two days late but better then next Wednesday which is what one traffic site indicated.

John in Vancouver

Old 02-17-2013, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by Snowczar
Sincerity Ace is now showing as being in Halifax. Two days late but better then next Wednesday which is what one traffic site indicated.

John in Vancouver
Well good for you! At least you have some info. Hopefully she gets put on a proper enclosed carrier and gets to you quickly!
My ship has not been on the grid for days and I have no idea where it is. According the the ship owners site it came and left Davisville already and is on its way to Houston I think. Not sure how that can be possible if its never on the grid.... So I'm hoping for some info from the dealer Monday or Tuesday, although in not going to hold my breath!

Old 02-19-2013, 05:20 PM
Finally got some new info. After my ship being off the grid for about 7 days and me searching all all over for info it finally showed up off the coast of Florida heading to Houston. So the most accurate info was actually from the MOL (ship owners) site, not marine traffic. Marine traffic still said it was heading to Davisville RI. Good news is it did make it to RI over the weekend and my car was offloaded so I'm very hopeful it shows up at the dealer by this weekend. Of course it's snowing today, but the weather is supposed to be clear this weekend, so here's hoping!

Old 02-19-2013, 05:49 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Finally got some new info. After my ship being off the grid for about 7 days and me searching all all over for info it finally showed up off the coast of Florida heading to Houston. So the most accurate info was actually from the MOL (ship owners) site, not marine traffic. Marine traffic still said it was heading to Davisville RI. Good news is it did make it to RI over the weekend and my car was offloaded so I'm very hopeful it shows up at the dealer by this weekend. Of course it's snowing today, but the weather is supposed to be clear this weekend, so here's hoping!
Oh boy! Sleeping is going to be tough for the rest of the week! Looking forward to the pics!

Old 02-19-2013, 06:23 PM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
We're so close now! I'm finally picking mine up tomorrow!

Old 02-19-2013, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by mtony
We're so close now! I'm finally picking mine up tomorrow!
Tomorrow!! Damn, that's awesome. I bet you'll be up all night! So is tomorrow a sick day?? No way you can work on delivery day!

I'm pumped for this weekend, no guarantee it's gonna be here this weekend but it's looking good so far.

Be sure to post pictures of your car!

Old 02-19-2013, 07:07 PM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
Tomorrow!! Damn, that's awesome. I bet you'll be up all night! So is tomorrow a sick day?? No way you can work on delivery day!

I'm pumped for this weekend, no guarantee it's gonna be here this weekend but it's looking good so far.

Be sure to post pictures of your car!
Actually, my car has been at the dealer since Friday but I've been out of town until today. I'm off the rest of the week though so I'll have some "quality time" with my new baby.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:59 PM
I'm really hoping mine comes in this weekend, but if not ill be taking a mental health day next week to go pick it up! I just hope the weather cooperates, it's been snowing the last couple of days. The dealership offered to deliver itin their enclosed trailer since I'm about90 minutes away, but I only want to take that option if the weather is bad. My preference is to see income off the truck and go thru inspection and prep. Get as much of the experience as you can get without doing Eurpoean delivery. Will have to wait for news on when it will be at the dealer and see how the weather looks.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:18 PM
rrrandall is infamous around these parts
Built this week...logistics

Our 991 was scheduled for its build this past Monday. The shipping info in the earlier posts has been very informative.

I'm in Phoenix, so I wondering if my car will go through San Diego, then trucked here. If so, I am wondering how long that would take.

Any insight?

Old 02-23-2013, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by rrrandall
Our 991 was scheduled for its build this past Monday. The shipping info in the earlier posts has been very informative.

I'm in Phoenix, so I wondering if my car will go through San Diego, then trucked here. If so, I am wondering how long that would take.

Any insight?
There is another thread called On Vessel that I believe has someone who lives in Phoenix. Pretty sure he said his car was coming to him from San Diego.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:25 AM
Still no word on my car yet. It made RI last Saturday but still shows in port in the dealer system, so it looks like getting it this weekend is out. Which sucks on a lot of levels! The weather is great this weekend and it's supposed to start snowing again on Monday thru the rest of the week. So I might have to have it delivered to the house instead of driving it home like I had planned. With the dealership 90 minutes away, I just don't want to drive that long in the snow the first day I get it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car is completed!!!!