Finally got my "Panda" 991S :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 12:21 PM
prepostrs is infamous around these parts
Oh, I thought those were the Carrera S wheels and that the Classics were the ones with straight spokes. I like the ones you posted in dark shades, especially with white or silver 991s. Great combination with the red interior.

Are you going to use the red mats? I see everyone suggesting to use dark mats. One guy even said the optional black rubber ones were a highlight of the car (said they were like batman's armor).

Last edited by prepostrs; 01-23-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:38 PM
mperor is infamous around these partsmperor is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by aljaberh
I think you better go with the original look over the red one
Well, if Porsche did not get rid of the "painted black" option, I would have gotten it, and it would be "original look"?!
But I think I would at least paint them black, pinstripe... still debating.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:44 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations! Nice combo.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by prepostrs
Oh, I thought those were the Carrera S wheels and that the Classics were the ones with straight spokes. I like the ones you posted in dark shades, especially with white or silver 991s. Great combination with the red interior.

Are you going to use the red mats? I see everyone suggesting to use dark mats. One guy even said the optional black rubber ones were a highlight of the car (said they were like batman's armor).

Lol YOU ARE RIGHT!!! Thanks for the correction!!! I got confused, oops!!! And yes, I do plan to order the black mats, tried with the dealers, all they gave me was a keychain

Old 01-23-2013, 01:35 PM
Dadz911 is infamous around these parts
Great looking car. Love the red interior. I have the black painted wheels on my red Carrera, same as in the photo posted. I would prefer them in matte instead of gloss, I think. I thought about doing the red stripe but was worried that if a wheel were to get curbed it would be that much more difficult to fix. The wheel guy's can easily fix them in black but if the stripe is on there I think they would have a difficult time matching that up. I don't plan on curbing them, but you never know.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by Dadz911
Great looking car. Love the red interior. I have the black painted wheels on my red Carrera, same as in the photo posted. I would prefer them in matte instead of gloss, I think. I thought about doing the red stripe but was worried that if a wheel were to get curbed it would be that much more difficult to fix. The wheel guy's can easily fix them in black but if the stripe is on there I think they would have a difficult time matching that up. I don't plan on curbing them, but you never know.
Hi, do you have more pictures with the wheels? Thanks.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:11 PM
prepostrs is infamous around these parts
there's someone with the username Haku that posts some great photos of his platinum 991 with dark matte Carerra S wheels. It's on this board or the other one.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:57 PM
Zmoney is infamous around these parts
Mperor - were those wheels painted afterwards or that was an option? how much?

Old 01-23-2013, 07:02 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mperor
Sorry for the crappy pictures from my phone (I will take better ones later)... but here's my baby panda

Looks great, love the color combo!

CONGRATS!

Old 01-23-2013, 07:11 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
it really looks like a panda
CONGRAT!!! awesome looking car, no not a joke esp. I like the red interior. enjoy

Sorry for the crappy pictures from my phone (I will take better ones later)... but here's my baby panda

Old 01-23-2013, 07:13 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
Oh no, I wish... that is the dealership, the GT3 looked awesome!
can you tell me where you got the car? my bro might be interested in the blue gt3.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:18 PM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
Thank you all for the nice comments... the wheel guy is coming tomorrow to powder coat my wheels, should have them back Friday (I think we are getting heavy snow ). But I will post some before and after pictures asap...

Oh, what do you guys think of semi-gloss/satin black with red pinstripe? Would the pinstripe be too much? Ricey?

if your brembos are red, red pin strip could take away from those striking red brakes

the interior is beautiful, maybe a touch of black might accentuate the red even more......i will be glad to swap you floor mats

Last edited by trysixty; 01-23-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:28 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Stunning, really love your combo!!

Old 01-23-2013, 08:28 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
Beautiful car! Love the Glass roof and red interior!

Old 01-23-2013, 08:40 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, what do you guys think of semi-gloss/satin black with red pinstripe? Would the pinstripe be too much? Ricey?
Nice Panda, Congrats! I am not sure about pinstripe... I like what Porsche did with their design edition stripes, silver on white or dull black on black, very subtle and cool looking. Why not take some good pics and have some one photoshop that on and see if you like it. Although pinstripe is not a big cost, you can always have them remove if it does not work out. Just my two cents.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally got my "Panda" 991S :)