ARKYM Front Spoiler and Diffuser - Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 06:41 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
ARKYM Front Spoiler and Diffuser - Yes or No?

Thinking of sprucing up the 991 to include front spoiler and rear diffuser. See pics of what spoiler and diffuser look like. Both are carbon fiber and my P-car is white. I think it would be nice having the CF accent on the car. But then I think, do I REALLY want to do all that and change the lines on this beautiful car (ruin??). I am not into being outrageous, but do like a little added bling. What does everyone else think? Too much - OK - or ??? Sorry about the pics, they are not great, but the only ones I could find.

Attached Images   
Old 01-26-2013, 07:38 PM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Too much IMHO. I prefer the stock look. Sporty and Classy at the same time. If I were to change, I'd probably go with the stock Aerokit. Gives it a slightly more aggressive look while maintaining that balance between too much and class.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:38 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy

Thinking of sprucing up the 991 to include front spoiler and rear diffuser. See pics of what spoiler and diffuser look like. Both are carbon fiber and my P-car is white. I think it would be nice having the CF accent on the car. But then I think, do I REALLY want to do all that and change the lines on this beautiful car (ruin??). I am not into being outrageous, but do like a little added bling. What does everyone else think? Too much - OK - or ??? Sorry about the pics, they are not great, but the only ones I could find.

I'm liking the diffuser quiet a bit.
Was planning on ordering it before I actually take possession of my 991 but decided to wait to see if what the distance between the garage (upramp) entrance and the stock diffuser to make sure I don't bottom out (on my previous C4s my tail pipes scrapped)...

If I've got the space I'm ordering one, but than again my nickname is "psycho" hehehe

Old 01-27-2013, 12:30 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dhill911
Too much IMHO. I prefer the stock look. Sporty and Classy at the same time. If I were to change, I'd probably go with the stock Aerokit. Gives it a slightly more aggressive look while maintaining that balance between too much and class.
^+1

Without diffusing those who like the spoiler or diffuser, I'm with dhill on this one. Agree entirely. Stock aero kit may be a better way to go.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:28 AM
aljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Haku
^+1

Without diffusing those who like the spoiler or diffuser, I'm with dhill on this one. Agree entirely. Stock aero kit may be a better way to go.
+1

Personally if i was in your situation i will consider sport design package or the aero package. Other kits are too much IMO

Old 01-27-2013, 08:06 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
I'm liking the diffuser quiet a bit.
Was planning on ordering it before I actually take possession of my 991 but decided to wait to see if what the distance between the garage (upramp) entrance and the stock diffuser to make sure I don't bottom out (on my previous C4s my tail pipes scrapped)...

If I've got the space I'm ordering one, but than again my nickname is "psycho" hehehe
Psycho Sid - let me know if you order the diffuser and how the install goes. Of course, pics of the final product would be great, but I am sure you would have done that anyway!

Old 01-27-2013, 09:53 AM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
I was considering ordering the diffuser also, the front lip I feel its too normal, want something more aggressive. Do plan to get the Aero Cup Rear wing, maybe after some new rims and front lip, so far haven't seen any front lip that I like

I think the diffuser either a cover over OEM by Double side tape and maybe a few screws or a replacement for OEM diffuser

Old 01-27-2013, 09:58 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
Psycho Sid - let me know if you order the diffuser and how the install goes. Of course, pics of the final product would be great, but I am sure you would have done that anyway!
hehehehe maybe it I'll be safer to just show pictures of the front though hehehehe
Holy moly tough crowd!

Since they don't sell a GT3 cab my original intention was to put GT3 front and rear on my 991 C4S cab (Porsche used to offer it with 997 C4S but don't with the 991 anymore) but it all depends on when they will actually launch the GT3... but if that's not going to happen untill next year than I'll give this diffuser a shot in the mean time, we'll see how things work out.

Cheers.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:21 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
hehehehe maybe it I'll be safer to just show pictures of the front though hehehehe
Holy moly tough crowd!

Since they don't sell a GT3 cab my original intention was to put GT3 front and rear on my 991 C4S cab (Porsche used to offer it with 997 C4S but don't with the 991 anymore) but it all depends on when they will actually launch the GT3... but if that's not going to happen untill next year than I'll give this diffuser a shot in the mean time, we'll see how things work out.

Cheers.
Sid, the rumour mill is that the GT3 will be announced in a couple of months and deliveries to start towards the end of this year. I'm going to be so tempted by it.... my dealer already know it and will jump on an allocation for me. Ah imagine a GT3 with a wide body.... yum!!!

Old 01-27-2013, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Haku
Sid, the rumour mill is that the GT3 will be announced in a couple of months and deliveries to start towards the end of this year. I'm going to be so tempted by it.... my dealer already know it and will jump on an allocation for me. Ah imagine a GT3 with a wide body.... yum!!!
Yeah my dealer told me that in Dec. but now he's starting to back paddle saying he received a memo re; the launch dates and that it won't be in the showroom until 2014... never mind ordering a front bumper, 3rd radiator, grills etc...

I love the GT3, outside of the performance I love the sleek but aggressive look of it!

It really is a shame they don't make a Cab version of it... I understand the reasoning... with the cab not being race inspired because of the extra weight and body flex but than again a 991 C2S cab. is faster than a 997 GT3 (the 991 coupe is even faster still) so theoretically if a 991 cab handles better, goes faster and puts down better times than previous generation GT3's why not offer it?

I know, I know... it would make the "true" GT3 and Porschofiles eyes bleed hehehe
But still...

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 01-27-2013 at 03:16 PM. Reason: spelling..
Old 01-27-2013, 02:12 PM
ae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to behold
Not my cup of tea! Prefer the stock Aero packages...

Old 01-30-2013, 09:32 AM
JimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the rough
Be extremely careful with this company. I know someone who was seriously duped by them. Buyer beware:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=771204

Old 01-30-2013, 09:41 AM
Yeah my dealer told me that in Dec. but now he's starting to back paddle saying he received a memo re; the launch dates and that it won't be in the showroom until 2014... never mind ordering a front bumper, 3rd radiator, grills etc...

I love the GT3, outside of the performance I love the sleek but aggressive look of it!

It really is a shame they don't make a Cab version of it... I understand the reasoning... with the cab not being race inspired because of the extra weight and body flex but than again a 991 C2S cab. is faster than a 997 GT3 (the 991 coupe is even faster still) so theoretically if a 991 cab handles better, goes faster and puts down better times than previous generation GT3's why not offer it?

I know, I know... it would make the "true" GT3 and Porschofiles eyes bleed hehehe
But still...
I think your dealer may well be right about 2014 before we see it in the showrooms. I'll be ok with that.

Hehehe... a cab version of the GT3... never thought of it! What a screamer! I can just see you tearing down a straight on the racetrack overtaking everything in sight, all with your top down!

I too love the aggressive stance and design of the GT3 and that together with its handling characteristics is reason enough for me to consider it as my next 911. We shall see.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by JimGT3
Be extremely careful with this company. I know someone who was seriously duped by them. Buyer beware:

Thanks for the info GT3! Good looking out!

Old 01-30-2013, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by JimGT3

Yep thanks for the heads up!
Rep points coming your way.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ARKYM Front Spoiler and Diffuser - Yes or No?