Other drivers!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 09:22 AM
OmegaMan is infamous around these partsOmegaMan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by chance6
So during a leisurely drive home today thru town, a black, new(er) Ford Fusion with ridiculous tinted windows decides to bolt off at a red light and cut me off. I took my time...and was behind him at the next red light. Now in this situation, what would you do?

I decided not to tailgate him when the light turned green (which I dislike), but I decided to stay on him...and he was trying to show off by going 55 mph thru a residential zone. I found it quite easy to keep up with him. Who knew. Sadly, he deviated from my course - I would have enjoyed his antics on the highway.

One thing that happens when you own these cars is the relentless obsession of other idiots trying to make stupid driving decisions and trying to race you. It happens quite often around here.

So what has happened to you in your 991 recently?
You stated the problem right here. I am willing to bet you were crawling along at a snails pace and someone passed you (which you think is getting "cut off").

Is this what happened? Please define cut off...

Old 01-28-2013, 06:41 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid

Sorry for the hijack chance6...
Hey no problem man, it's cracking me up. I was just on the 3D 911 configurator, validating myself and my choices. I'm happy. Aqua blue woulda been my 2nd choice. Maybe espresso full leather. Sunroof in glass. But that makes my car $125k with 5% off with the other options I have now. I got my car for $101k. I feel good that I saved about $20k.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:45 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Cut off was - guy takes off, there's a car parked in the expiring lane, he jerks the wheel to the left and acts all aggressive about his bad-*** machine. ha!! A stupid maneuver considering the upcoming light was red and remained red. Actually I had just pulled out of a shopping center and driven 1 block. Then this person accels up to 55 mph driving like a moron. You can't fix stupid.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:46 PM
And to boot, the Fusion had clearly been abused by some poor tasteless moron!!

Old 01-28-2013, 06:50 PM
and I'm jealous about the power kit! Dang it! What do you think about the new C7 Corvette? I'm sorry but...I think it's ugly.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:54 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
and I'm jealous about the power kit! Dang it! What do you think about the new C7 Corvette? I'm sorry but...I think it's ugly.
Ugly...? Maybe.

Off topic? Yes, but it's your thread.

I like the C7 - a LOT!

It is a radical departure from Corvettes from the past. It is a wonderful evolution of new technology. It is no Tesla S, but I'm quite taken by the new C7. When discussing on another forum - a 450HP car weighing less than 3500lbs, 7sp manual, with phenomenal aerodynamics and handling capabilities, equipped standard with brake/trans/+ coolers, with the digital displays for approximately mid-$50's, I've learned, is quite a deal.

The ONLY thing I don't like about it is the front lip. Aftermarket can 'resolve' this, or possibly the Z06 equivalent (whatever it is called). I think the wife is on board with the possibility of adding one (I just added another car this week, so I have to wait a year or two to do this again), and I think the next higher model is going to be difficult to pass up. I still admire the outgoing C6Z06, I can't imagine what the new equivalent will be like.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:05 PM
I did like the outgoing Z06, I have to admit.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:54 PM
OmegaMan is infamous around these partsOmegaMan is infamous around these parts
There is a reason I have been to the Porsche dealer 2x since they announced the C7. I will probably keep my C6Z, but I want to add a 911S to the garage.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:03 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OmegaMan
There is a reason I have been to the Porsche dealer 2x since they announced the C7. I will probably keep my C6Z, but I want to add a 911S to the garage.
Soooo, whatchyer sayin' is - you don't like it?

Old 01-30-2013, 06:49 AM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Well, all I have to say is from a $$$ perspective:

C7 Vette + BMW 335i = 911S loaded

Old 01-30-2013, 10:08 AM
m5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nice
It is a curse and a responsibility. Every insecure person wants to race you... I just ignore them.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:04 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
I've been noticing a lot of people get out of my way in the left lane when they see me coming. The never did that when I had my Mercedes. Actually, its quite nice . . .