Other drivers!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 04:28 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Other drivers!!

So during a leisurely drive home today thru town, a black, new(er) Ford Fusion with ridiculous tinted windows decides to bolt off at a red light and cut me off. I took my time...and was behind him at the next red light. Now in this situation, what would you do?

I decided not to tailgate him when the light turned green (which I dislike), but I decided to stay on him...and he was trying to show off by going 55 mph thru a residential zone. I found it quite easy to keep up with him. Who knew. Sadly, he deviated from my course - I would have enjoyed his antics on the highway.

One thing that happens when you own these cars is the relentless obsession of other idiots trying to make stupid driving decisions and trying to race you. It happens quite often around here.

So what has happened to you in your 991 recently?

Old 01-27-2013, 04:46 PM
Airportrat has a spectacular aura aboutAirportrat has a spectacular aura about
I get a lot of Prius drivers attempt to out drive me. Never works!

I do find that with modern cars people get a false sense of how fast is safe in their cars. They should think and wonder if the Porsche is not going 60 in a 35 zone maybe they should slow down.

Oh yeah, BMW drivers, you will never win.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:06 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
My wife insists that Porsche hides an A**hole Magnet in the car. I can't recall the number of times I get tailgated or "zoomed" ( where the jerk seems to spot me and zooms past only to cut in front of me)

Old 01-27-2013, 05:25 PM
AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !
My S4 flies under the radar a little better than a 991, but it seems like all the people that do realize it isn't a regular A4 are ricers. I can see why you would get an abnormal amount of attention, not quite as many 991's around Cincy as on the coasts.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:35 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
"zoomed" - that's exactly what I get...until you say "well, I've had about enough of this" and activate Sport or Sport+ with PSE and knock the hell outta them.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:37 PM
It's almost as if every Fusion driver thinks he/she is in a Shelby GT500

Old 01-27-2013, 05:38 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
I do the opposite. I slow down and refuse to play. Face it, I know I can blow his doors and fenders off. Deep down he knows it too.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by rnl
My wife insists that Porsche hides an A**hole Magnet in the car. I can't recall the number of times I get tailgated or "zoomed" ( where the jerk seems to spot me and zooms past only to cut in front of me)
I recall a few Subaru WRX's that used to challenge my 997 - and all of the Subarus had been tastelessly modded...ugh.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:46 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
its usually the kia and hyundai that cut me off on the hwy. I don't bother with wasting my time on them. I know our cars will destory most of the cars on the road, but its pointless to me to prove it. Just enjoy my own pace, save the aggressive driving at the track

Old 01-27-2013, 05:57 PM
wkendriver is infamous around these parts
Ha. So funny, I am in Cinci too. Went out for dinner last night and a BMW 535 was all over me. I let him go. What is the point? Racing should be for the track.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:30 PM
I mean, even a base 991 would carve up a 535 - I mean, a 535 is a great sedan, a great car, but a base 991 would take care of it. For a 991S with PDK, fuhgedaboudit.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:32 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by advantyper
its usually the kia and hyundai that cut me off on the hwy. I don't bother with wasting my time on them. I know our cars will destory most of the cars on the road, but its pointless to me to prove it. Just enjoy my own pace, save the aggressive driving at the track
As long as you don't take 20 secs to go from 0-35mph, I agree with you.

I suffered behind a guy in a Corvette, who almost quite literally took 30 seconds to get up to the posted 45mph speed limit. Probably one of those guys saying,"Cars go too fast for street driving anyways."

Old 01-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chance6
"zoomed" - that's exactly what I get...until you say "well, I've had about enough of this" and activate Sport or Sport+ with PSE and knock the hell outta them.
I've said the same thing before on another thread like this but... you've already "knocked the hell out of them"... your the guy in the Porsche!

Old 01-27-2013, 06:33 PM
wrongcoast is infamous around these parts
Prius drivers, hands down, are the most troublesome. They're either going too fast or too slow and usually look like people I would not like to sit next to at a dinner party.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:35 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
I've said the same thing before on another thread like this but... you've already "knocked the hell out of them"... your the guy in the Porsche!
Do does the guy in the Bentley knock the hell out of you because they are the guy in the Bentley?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Other drivers!!