Prius Driver Incidents - Share Your Stories

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 05:30 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Attachment 204870
Originally Posted by chance6
had one park at the gym today, said "SAVEGAS"

Although SAVEGAS is ok...I prefer the tag on my Prius...

Attached Images  

Last edited by rnl; 01-29-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:37 AM
mikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the rough
well, I live in Mobile, Alabama...home of the Honda ricers. They are EVERYWHERE!!!!
Also every redneck in town has a mustang. you get my drift. I get more drive by revs, cutoffs, traffic light peel outs every day I drive the car. There is nothing worse than watching a riced honda with a huge wing take off at a traffic light and slam on the brakes at the next one. I have to grit my teeth, because I KNOW who will get the ticket when it comes!

Old 01-30-2013, 11:13 AM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mikegee
well, I live in Mobile, Alabama...home of the Honda ricers. They are EVERYWHERE!!!!
Also every redneck in town has a mustang. you get my drift. I get more drive by revs, cutoffs, traffic light peel outs every day I drive the car. There is nothing worse than watching a riced honda with a huge wing take off at a traffic light and slam on the brakes at the next one. I have to grit my teeth, because I KNOW who will get the ticket when it comes!
Sounds exactly like Australia! Too funny!

Old 01-31-2013, 12:35 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
I got a old minivan parked right next to me - so close that I could hardly open driver's side door...and there were several parking spots available right around my car... haven't figured out why people do that.....

Old 01-31-2013, 11:10 AM
pfijcali is infamous around these parts
envy, mediocrity……….

Old 02-01-2013, 02:10 AM
VikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the rough
I didn't understand the behavior or want to believe it but my coworker explained to me how he loves to jump out into the fast lane when he sees a car coming fast down the highway. He says he likes to make them slam on the brakes. One day he also parked his Jeep next to my 997--so close that I could not open my door. He laughed as we walked outside together. On another day he asked for my help in finding a Porsche for sale. Bottom line he's jealous and a huge walking *****. Nothing I can do about it except start my own business and fire dicks.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:28 AM
dr.skp.ortho is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DBYT
Sounds exactly like Australia! Too funny!
Just replace the mustang with SS commodore and welcome to a Saturday night in Sydney in a 911!

Old 02-01-2013, 05:08 AM
mrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of light
Same type of thing happened to me the other day - parked well away from other cars with plenty of empty spots all around, came out of the grocery store to find a car parked right next to me. Not close enough to block the door, but... WTH? My wife was pissed when she saw it, I was baffled... until reading this thread.

For whatever reason (jealousy?), apparently people figure that being d!cks to 911 drivers is fun? You know, because we deserve it since we're all jerks? Whatever. I'm still happier being the one with the 911 than being a petty a-hole driving a minivan.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:10 AM
mrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by VikingMariner
I didn't understand the behavior or want to believe it but my coworker explained to me how he loves to jump out into the fast lane when he sees a car coming fast down the highway. He says he likes to make them slam on the brakes. One day he also parked his Jeep next to my 997--so close that I could not open my door. He laughed as we walked outside together. On another day he asked for my help in finding a Porsche for sale. Bottom line he's jealous and a huge walking *****. Nothing I can do about it except start my own business and fire dicks.
Hopefully he doesn't get a Porsche since you can imagine the great rep he would give the rest of us.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:30 AM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mrstep
For whatever reason (jealousy?), apparently people figure that being d!cks to 911 drivers is fun? You know, because we deserve it since we're all jerks? Whatever. I'm still happier being the one with the 911 than being a petty a-hole driving a minivan.
If you think it's bad here in the US, it's way way worse in some other parts of the world, with Australia popping up as a primo example. Owning a Porsche there is like being Bruce Willis in a Die Hard movie, someone is always waiting to take a pop at you...

Old 02-01-2013, 05:40 AM
Originally Posted by DBYT
If you think it's bad here in the US, it's way way worse in some other parts of the world, with Australia popping up as a primo example. Owning a Porsche there is like being Bruce Willis in a Die Hard movie, someone is always waiting to take a pop at you...
I would at least understand if this were some 'you just pulled something on the road' revenge type of thing, but this is just pathetic. I've never felt like parking close to an expensive car just to be a d!ck in the past no matter what I was driving, so it's just irritating to have people do that for no reason other than they themselves being jerks. Which is pretty ironic considering they must have 'I'll show that a-hole' running through their heads as they do it.

Guess it can always be worse... I'm totally avoiding that Australia road trip I've been planning from here though...

Old 02-01-2013, 05:58 AM
Originally Posted by mrstep
I would at least understand if this were some 'you just pulled something on the road' revenge type of thing, but this is just pathetic. I've never felt like parking close to an expensive car just to be a d!ck in the past no matter what I was driving, so it's just irritating to have people do that for no reason other than they themselves being jerks. Which is pretty ironic considering they must have 'I'll show that a-hole' running through their heads as they do it.

Guess it can always be worse... I'm totally avoiding that Australia road trip I've been planning from here though...
Unfortunately, it seems like over the last decade in the US, the population of "I'll show that ahole" has grown by a bit. That mindset is deeply entrenched in Australian culture and identity, to the point where they have a name for it.

I once heard a comedian succinctly describe the difference between the American mindset and the Australian mindset with this anecdote:
"A homeless guy in the US walks past a mansion and thinks to himself, one day I could own a house like that if I work real hard.
A homeless guy in Australia walks past a mansion and thinks to himself, the next time I see the owner of this place park his car somewhere, I'm going to key it."

Old 03-06-2013, 04:49 PM
0luke1 is infamous around these parts
The Prius is the Dodge Dart Swinger of today's era. Lame brains seem to be drawn to them.

Don't even get me started about Chrysler minivan drivers.