Prius Driver Incidents - Share Your Stories

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 05:57 AM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Prius Driver Incidents - Share Your Stories

Having heard so many Porsche drivers on this and other forums telling of incidents with Prius drivers, I thought I would start a thread where everyone can contribute their stories of run ins with this most special needs class of drivers.

I parked my car at the far end of the parking lot the other evening at the local supermarket. Well away from any other cars. I come out 10mins later and there is a Prius, jammed right up next to my car! WTF? There were a good 50 open spots around me and the b#%^h had to park so close to my car I had to slide sideways to get in my car.

Attached Images  
Old 01-28-2013, 06:17 AM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Huh? That's odd. Strangely enough I also own a Prius and have so since 2004. During my pre Porsche ownership years I can't recall any interaction with a Porsche.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:22 AM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
I did see a thread where Prius owners talked about beating high powered cars from 1-10 mph due to their instant torque. Didn't say much about what happens at 11 mph. My daughter just traded in her 2007 Prius for a 2013 (car-mania skipped a generation here).
The handling is somewhat improved, but I still hate those non-linear regenerative brakes.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:37 AM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by DBYT
Having heard so many Porsche drivers on this and other forums telling of incidents with Prius drivers, I thought I would start a thread where everyone can contribute their stories of run ins with this most special needs class of drivers.

I parked my car at the far end of the parking lot the other evening at the local supermarket. Well away from any other cars. I come out 10mins later and there is a Prius, jammed right up next to my car! WTF? There were a good 50 open spots around me and the b#%^h had to park so close to my car I had to slide sideways to get in my car.

Is that really your actual license plate?

Perhaps there's a connection to these many experiences you describe that other Porsche drivers don't?

Old 01-28-2013, 08:09 AM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Alan
I did see a thread where Prius owners talked about beating high powered cars from 1-10 mph due to their instant torque. Didn't say much about what happens at 11 mph. My daughter just traded in her 2007 Prius for a 2013 (car-mania skipped a generation here).
The handling is somewhat improved, but I still hate those non-linear regenerative brakes.

the only race you could possibly win against a porsche would be distance before running out of gas.
That said, perhaps a**holes are a**holes, whether they are driving a Prius or any other car.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:18 AM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTCarrera
Is that really your actual license plate?

Perhaps there's a connection to these many experiences you describe that other Porsche drivers don't?
The plate is not mine. I just find it amusing. It was posted by another Porsche owner in Rennlist thread on the same topic, which generated a lot of discussion and was entertaining.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:15 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
I feel your pain. This has happened to me more than I care to mention - park in a nice out of the way spot, where the car is by itself, only to come out and see a jalopy parked next to it, with plenty of spaces everywhere. I don't get it.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:19 AM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DBYT
It wasn't a Prius, but I've had someone park so close to me that I had to get into my car from the passenger side. Pretty annoying. Fortunately, there were no marks or dings. There's no way they had a passenger in their car since they wouldn't have gotten out either.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:50 AM
Here is the other thread I was talking about:
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...ferrerid=42630
Entertaining

Old 01-28-2013, 12:02 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
a friend just bought the volt, its sweet. cool tech, quiet, good radio, and pretty zippy for a car getting 190 mpg.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:47 PM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough
I hate Prius's...I dont' know what it is but they think they own the left lane, don't get out of the way, etc, etc, etc...can't stand em' - ugly cars too

Old 01-28-2013, 05:18 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Aerodude
It wasn't a Prius, but I've had someone park so close to me that I had to get into my car from the passenger side. Pretty annoying. Fortunately, there were no marks or dings. There's no way they had a passenger in their car since they wouldn't have gotten out either.
I had some moron in a Nissan sedan park with his front bumper about 2 mm away from my 997S when I had that. Had I seen any marks, I woulda taken out my key and...well you know.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:47 PM
Detroit Shooter is infamous around these parts
My other car is a Volt. I find the difference between the two cars very interesting. I am the guy in the right lane going slow. The left lane is for high rollers. If I am in the Porsche in the left lane going over the limit and you are coming up behind me going faster I am out and you are in, that's the rule.

I do have a story about a tool. I parked a BMW 750il I was driving at the time in the general population go the lot. A tool in a lifted 4wd PU parked inches from the drivers door. I would have no choice but to crawl across after getting in the passenger door. He was so close I went around front and checked how close. While I was there I cut off his front valve stem. He was so close as I drove away I was able to easily reach out and "touch" his vehicle along the whole side as I drove away.

I bet when he came out he was not feeling as bright as when he went in.

Last edited by Detroit Shooter; 01-28-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:56 PM
rnl
"While I was there I cut off his front valve stem."

I can't tell you how many times I have thought about doing that

Old 01-29-2013, 05:06 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
had one park at the gym today, said "SAVEGAS"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Prius Driver Incidents - Share Your Stories