2 year lease residuals is better than 3 year on 991 Base

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 08:25 PM
onapex is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by frenzy
i did "sign and drive". basically rolled up all cost (lease acq fee, doc fee, etc) into the cap cost.

2 year lease, 12k miles/year, lot car, base, PDK
MSRP: $96,030
Negotiated: $89,500
Down: $0
MF: 0.0024

Only thing I needed to pay was first months payment to get the car.

not my ideal car, was shooting for a low optioned S in White but nothing was available (geez, they really load up the C2S for lot cars) and needed to close the deal before March for the "special" residual to apply, so ordering build isn't an option as they cannot lock in lease until the car is built and on a boat (thats what they said, to be verified)
one reason I hate reading these threads is now I feel stupid for not negotiating harder on the price. I also bought from in SF area but only got about a 3% discount off MSRP versus your 7%.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:31 AM
frenzy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by onapex
one reason I hate reading these threads is now I feel stupid for not negotiating harder on the price. I also bought from in SF area but only got about a 3% discount off MSRP versus your 7%.
don't feel bad onapex, i didn't buy it from SF or anywhere in CA. SF didn't have the car I wanted. I did my transaction out of state, and this dealership/salesperson was the nicest to work with over the phone/email. Absolutely no BS, PM me if anyone wants their info.

On the other hand, a LA dealer had the car I wanted and close enough i could of just drove down there to pick it up, but their internet/fleet sales manager behaved like an arrogant a-hole that I didn't want to hand a single dollar to them. Asking for a discount was like blasphemy there, they think its should be our privilege to buy a P-car from them.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:34 AM
saeyedoc is infamous around these partssaeyedoc is infamous around these parts
i did "sign and drive". basically rolled up all cost (lease acq fee, doc fee, etc) into the cap cost.

2 year lease, 12k miles/year, lot car, base, PDK
MSRP: $96,030
Negotiated: $89,500
Down: $0
MF: 0.0024

Only thing I needed to pay was first months payment to get the car.

not my ideal car, was shooting for a low optioned S in White but nothing was available (geez, they really load up the C2S for lot cars) and needed to close the deal before March for the "special" residual to apply, so ordering build isn't an option as they cannot lock in lease until the car is built and on a boat (thats what they said, to be verified)
So what is your monthly payment?
Locking in the rate has nothing to do with the car being on a boat, just that at that phase you're safe to lock in with the 30-day window, unless there are unforeseen delays.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:37 AM
JimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the rough
Wow, these deals are actually making me seriously re-think my "outdated" 08 Turbo.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by saeyedoc
So what is your monthly payment?
Locking in the rate has nothing to do with the car being on a boat, just that at that phase you're safe to lock in with the 30-day window, unless there are unforeseen delays.
Monthly payment is $1,139 before state tax.

Good to know, if someone has a build in Dec/Jan they could possibly lock in this residual

Old 01-30-2013, 01:39 PM
saeyedoc is infamous around these partssaeyedoc is infamous around these parts

Good to know, if someone has a build in Dec/Jan they could possibly lock in this residual
Yea, that's a great deal. That's about what I'm paying for the 3 yr lease on my Cayman S, with tax.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:56 PM
bondguy is infamous around these parts
don't feel bad onapex, i didn't buy it from SF or anywhere in CA. SF didn't have the car I wanted. I did my transaction out of state, and this dealership/salesperson was the nicest to work with over the phone/email. Absolutely no BS, PM me if anyone wants their info.

On the other hand, a LA dealer had the car I wanted and close enough i could of just drove down there to pick it up, but their internet/fleet sales manager behaved like an arrogant a-hole that I didn't want to hand a single dollar to them. Asking for a discount was like blasphemy there, they think its should be our privilege to buy a P-car from them.
Frenzy- can you share which dealer you went through that's out of state?

Old 01-30-2013, 07:28 PM
deeznutz is just really nicedeeznutz is just really nicedeeznutz is just really nicedeeznutz is just really nice

did u roll tax into the lease or pay upfront?

Old 01-30-2013, 10:51 PM
2cardinalalums is infamous around these parts

Frenzy, can you pm me with the dealer info? I don't have enough posts to PM. Cheers.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:25 AM
Originally Posted by deeznutz
did u roll tax into the lease or pay upfront?
My state doesn't require upfront taxes, so I pay tax on top of the monthly lease amount. Paying upfront tax does make sense since you could total the car before lease end, but I guess that's how some state gets their pound of flesh.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:28 AM
Bond, 2cards, I'll pm you with dealer info

Bondguy - i see your in LA, did you have any luck with Beverly hills Porsche?

Old 01-31-2013, 04:32 AM
deeznutz is just really nicedeeznutz is just really nicedeeznutz is just really nicedeeznutz is just really nice
My state doesn't require upfront taxes, so I pay tax on top of the monthly lease amount. Paying upfront tax does make sense since you could total the car before lease end, but I guess that's how some state gets their pound of flesh.
got it. looks of PFS is running excellent deals on '13 base models. similar to the fire sale in the fall on lot '12s. your numbers are very similar to mine, although I did get a lightly optioned S

Old 01-31-2013, 04:40 AM
Originally Posted by deeznutz
got it. looks of PFS is running excellent deals on '13 base models. similar to the fire sale in the fall on lot '12s. your numbers are very similar to mine, although I did get a lightly optioned S
I had the same idea, but I couldn't find a S with my color and pdk that wasn't nearly fully loaded to $120k+ I'll just have to trade up to used S in 2 years

Old 01-31-2013, 03:25 PM
stevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to all
Interesting info. Any comments on a 4 year lease? Debating between 3 and 4 years on a base 991 that I ordered in Nov and is on its way here. I've read that it doesn't make sense to get a 4 year lease in general terms. Would this general statement apply to a 991?

Old 01-31-2013, 04:04 PM
bondguy is infamous around these parts
Bond, 2cards, I'll pm you with dealer info

Bondguy - i see your in LA, did you have any luck with Beverly hills Porsche?
Hey- have not given them a shot yet, and of the few i've attempted to deal with, i didn't get very far.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2 year lease residuals is better than 3 year on 991 Base