Fabspeed race exhaust - questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 11:06 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Fabspeed race exhaust - questions

Has anyone installed the Fabspeed x pipe race exhaust? I am interested in this and want to know how it affects the factory PSE and how noticeable the power gain is. I would like to keep the ability to turn on and off the PSE and I am wondering if this system eliminates that. Here's a video of the system:

Thanks!

Last edited by DBYT; 01-29-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:15 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DBYT
Has anyone installed the Fabspeed x pipe race exhaust? I am interested in this and want to know how it affects the factory PSE and how noticeable the power gain is. I would like to keep the ability to turn on and off the PSE and I am wondering if this system eliminates that. Here's a video of the system:

Thanks!
Yep I've seen that too... sounds pretty damn good!
The X-pipe basically replace every exhaust component from the 991 (from the cats back), whether it be PSE or just stock exhaust.
You can also get 200 cell cats (which are less restrictive, more dB + some torque) but be forewarned replacing the cats will void your Porsche warranty, if you replace the whole cat back system there's no issues with that (X-pipe).

There's is no valve on this system, perhaps they'll come out with one in time but currently they don't.

Hope that helped.
Cheers!

Stock PSE exhaust for C2/4 S

Fabspeed X-pipe (eliminating side mufflers).

Stock C2/4 S with Fabspeed X-pipe... the bottom one would replace the top one.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	carrera_991_4_1.jpg
Views:	681
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	205105  
Attached Images   
Old 01-30-2013, 01:20 AM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Sid! That helped a lot. Fabspeed is also just a 30min drive from me so I may stop in tomorrow to talk to them. After getting the factory PSE, I am loathe to have a system that rips it out...talk about pissing $$ against a wall...

Last edited by DBYT; 01-30-2013 at 01:28 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:27 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Thanks Sid! That helped a lot. Fabspeed is also just a 30min drive from me so I may stop in tomorrow to talk to them. After getting the factory PSE, I am loath to have a system that rips it out...talk about pissing $$ against a wall...
LOL I know... but if the price is right I'd buy your's because I need one donor PSE to cut up so I can make a Frankenstein exhaust.
This system is designed to have 4 valves with 2 buttons and 3 setting...
- off
-loud
-WTF!

Old 01-30-2013, 01:31 AM
The 25HP gain for $2k is pretty good bang for buck! Will let you know whether I decide to keep PSE or not. Thanks again.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:43 AM
The 25HP gain for $2k is pretty good bang for buck! Will let you know whether I decide to keep PSE or not. Thanks again.
Yeah..... I love their exhaust systems but ahum... I'd takes those numbers with a grain of salt.
Plus for those types of gains (but probably more like 15) you'd need the x-pipe (about 2.5K), high(er) flow filters (I'm using BMC about 200 bucks) and the 200 cells cats (I think about 2.8K).

Add removal and install and your looking at something closer to

$5.500 <> parts.
$500,- <> labour

$6500 <> "about" 15 to 18 hp. gain+ some torque but no valve.

But you can always just get the X-pipe and filters first see how you like it and then put the 200 cell cats later.
I definitely sounds good!

Old 01-30-2013, 10:51 AM
Went down and spoke to Fabspeed today and they are going to put on a pair of their maxflo side mufflers to see how I like them tomorrow. This will be the first PSE car they have dealt with and they think the maxflos will result in a throatier idle when PSE is OFF. Will see how it goes.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:17 AM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Went down and spoke to Fabspeed today and they are going to put on a pair of their maxflo side mufflers to see how I like them tomorrow. This will be the first PSE car they have dealt with and they think the maxflos will result in a throatier idle when PSE is OFF. Will see how it goes.
Darren, I hope you will be able to post a sound clip/iPhone video. Would love to hear it. Thanks

Last edited by dhill911; 01-30-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Will do dhill!

Old 01-30-2013, 01:23 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
Let us know how it sounds, was going to go with Fabspeed race, but ended up with FVD Exhaust, which I love so far. I feel the PSE sounds good, but it doesn't give the car any extra HP or TQ, so upgrading to aftermarket, save weight and hp gains is worth the extra cost of aftermarket vs PSE

Old 01-30-2013, 04:37 PM
GOOD STUFF!!!

I realize I was a bit of a "party pooper" but I just wanted to give you honest info my friend.

Glad you decided on something that worked for ya!
Like Dhill said, Vids please!

Old 01-30-2013, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
GOOD STUFF!!!

I realize I was a bit of a "party pooper" but I just wanted to give you honest info my friend.

Glad you decided on something that worked for ya!
Like Dhill said, Vids please!
Sid,
Thanks for the great advice! Totally appreciate it. I spent a few hours with them at Fabspeed going brought the options and pros and cons etc. for what I want from my system, the maxflo muffler seems to be the right route as I keep the factory centre bypass, which controls the PSE and just replace the side muffler with theirs, which has a lot less baffling so frees up airflow and gives a throatier tone. They said I can try it to see how I like it as install is quick and easy.

Will see how it goes.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:49 PM
flyanddive is infamous around these partsflyanddive is infamous around these parts
I want to get rid of the side mufflers on my car, they appear to be completely useless other than sound dampening. It's definitely worth shedding the 20lbs, plus I'm also looking to shed about 50lbs from the brakes and wheels.

Last edited by flyanddive; 01-30-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:18 PM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
Have you guys considered the Akra exhaust?