On Vessel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 03:33 PM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
Does anyone have a car coming to the east coast in the next week or so? From what I can gather this blizzard is supposed to be pretty bad! The New England area is supposed to get hit really hard. Wonder that will effect the ships coming into those ports? Hopefully the storm isn't as bad as they are predicting. I'd hate to get another delay cause they can't make it in, or worse they do make it in and unload, and our cars sit out on the dock and get hammered in the storm!

Old 02-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Snowczar
Sid, that explains it. You ordered the C4S well before it went into production and had barely been announced. My production date was January 18 also so I've got my fingers crossed. Mine is C2S Cab X51 and I'm told the X51 caused some of the delay for me.

Hopefully it won't be a long bumpy ocean!

John in Vancouver
From what i've been told your first X-51 and my C4S cab will be one of the first ones in Canada.. kinda cool.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:06 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CO997
Does anyone have a car coming to the east coast in the next week or so? From what I can gather this blizzard is supposed to be pretty bad! The New England area is supposed to get hit really hard. Wonder that will effect the ships coming into those ports? Hopefully the storm isn't as bad as they are predicting. I'd hate to get another delay cause they can't make it in, or worse they do make it in and unload, and our cars sit out on the dock and get hammered in the storm!
OH NOOOOO!!
Jeeeeezzzzz I like sleeping at night... now I'll probably wake up screaming!
It wouldn't be the first time cargo gets damaged in rough seas... never mind the fact that vessels will change their routes pending atmospheric conditions... even pull into another harbor to wait the weather out.
Guess we'll have to wait and see...sigh...

Old 02-07-2013, 04:50 PM
saint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to all
Just got word from my dealer .. my C4S is on Hoegh Oslo and she will be arriving at port in 10 days

Old 02-07-2013, 05:11 PM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
OH NOOOOO!!
Jeeeeezzzzz I like sleeping at night... now I'll probably wake up screaming!
It wouldn't be the first time cargo gets damaged in rough seas... never mind the fact that vessels will change their routes pending atmospheric conditions... even pull into another harbor to wait the weather out.
Guess we'll have to wait and see...sigh...
Yea who knows, but the last report I saw said Bar harbor, Boston, and Martha's would be really bad with traffic at a complete standstill. I think Maine could get over 2 feet of snow. Guess we will see...
Most definitely not the news I wanted to get after waiting all this time and finally learning its so close!!

Old 02-07-2013, 05:30 PM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
My car is on the Cougar Ace which was scheduled to arrive in Brunswick, GA on 2/11. The ship arrived in Rhode Island yesterday and was apparently not scheduled to leave for Brunswick for another day. However, I just saw that it is already in route south of Long Island and is now scheduled to arrive in Brunswick on 2/9. Apparently it left early due to the storm and this might work in my favor. Hopefully the ship doesn't get tossed around too much!

BTW, apparently the Cougar Ace had an incident a few years ago where it ended up on its side and all the cars on board had to be destroyed. This certainly is not too reassuring!

Old 02-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by mtony
My car is on the Cougar Ace which was scheduled to arrive in Brunswick, GA on 2/11. The ship arrived in Rhode Island yesterday and was apparently not scheduled to leave for Brunswick for another day. However, I just saw that it is already in route south of Long Island and is now scheduled to arrive in Brunswick on 2/9. Apparently it left early due to the storm and this might work in my favor. Hopefully the ship doesn't get tossed around too much!

BTW, apparently the Cougar Ace had an incident a few years ago where it ended up on its side and all the cars on board had to be destroyed. This certainly is not too reassuring!
Holy crap!! Sorry I posted about the weather! With stories like that I'll be waking up screaming like Sid...

Lucky for you your heading south now.

I'm guessing I'm on the Paradise Ace which is scheduled to dock in RI on the 14th. So if it is on that ship maybe it will roll in right after the storm??? Problem is, the storm Is going west to east so depending how long it last out to sea it could cause that ship to do some heavy rocking! I'd imagine those big cargo ships have more of a flat bottom making them more susceptible to bad weather. Nothing to do but wait it out and see I guess.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:39 PM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
Holy crap!! Sorry I posted about the weather! With stories like that I'll be waking up screaming like Sid...

Lucky for you your heading south now.

I'm guessing I'm on the Paradise Ace which is scheduled to dock in RI on the 14th. So if it is on that ship maybe it will roll in right after the storm??? Problem is, the storm Is going west to east so depending how long it last out to sea it could cause that ship to do some heavy rocking! I'd imagine those big cargo ships have more of a flat bottom making them more susceptible to bad weather. Nothing to do but wait it out and see I guess.
Here's a picture of the bottom of the ship...

Old 02-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
From what i've been told your first X-51 and my C4S cab will be one of the first ones in Canada.. kinda cool.
KOWABUNGA! (now that dates me!). Just got confirmation my car is on the Serenity Ace also as I suspected/hoped. Ship is currently Southwest of Brighton, England in the English Channel at 15.6 knots heading for Halifax for next Friday at about 5 am (9am UTC time).

John in Vancouver

Old 02-08-2013, 10:59 AM

KOWABUNGA! (now that dates me!). Just got confirmation my car is on the Serenity Ace also as I suspected/hoped. Ship is currently Southwest of Brighton, England in the English Channel at 15.6 knots heading for Halifax for next Friday at about 5 am (9am UTC time).

John in Vancouver
Good for you! You should miss the storm we have here as well. I called today asking about a vessel name since IV supposedly been on the ship for a out a week and he says he has no way to tell. Maybe Monday to Tuesday he will know. Oh well, so glad you finally have concrete info to go on. When does she reach Halifax?

Old 02-08-2013, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by mtony
Here's a picture of the bottom of the ship...

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!
Pfewwwwwwwwwwwyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyhi larious

Ohwwwww boyyyyy damn I think I just pied myself hahahaha.
OK that is just cruel and unusual... and it's even the same vessel CO997's car is on.

Oh man, that's just wrong!
Somebody ban the bad man!!! or tip him in tar and feather him... or a thousand paper-cuts... two-thousand!

If I wake up screaming... expect a visit from my wife... than you'll really be in trouble!

Old 02-08-2013, 11:20 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Good for you! You should miss the storm we have here as well. I called today asking about a vessel name since IV supposedly been on the ship for a out a week and he says he has no way to tell. Maybe Monday to Tuesday he will know. Oh well, so glad you finally have concrete info to go on. When does she reach Halifax?
Scheduled to arrive in Halifax at 0900 UTC time which is 0500 in Halifax, next Friday (the 15th). Then another 2-3 weeks to get across Canada by truck. The local dealer has 25+ cars scheduled for around now so could be a few days/week at the dealership.

John in Vancouver

Old 02-08-2013, 11:22 AM

John in Vancouver
Awesome!!
Thanks for the real-time feedback John!
What website are you using to track the vessel?

Old 02-08-2013, 11:30 AM
I'm lazy so I google the ship "MV Sincerity Ace" and the top "hit" is www.marinetraffic.com/MOL/VesselSchedule.aspx and brings up the ship. Then click on the "map" place and up it comes. Give it a few seconds and the chart comes up also.

John in Vancouver

Last edited by Snowczar; 02-08-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:34 AM
I'm lazy so I google the ship "MV Sincerity Ace" and the top "hit" is www.marinetraffic.com/MOL/VesselSchedule.aspx and brings up the ship. Then click on the "map" place and up it comes. Give it a few seconds and the chart comes up also.

John in Vancouver
Thanks I'll check it out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: On Vessel