On Vessel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 08:53 AM
greenpdk is a jewel in the roughgreenpdk is a jewel in the roughgreenpdk is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by TTCarrera
West Coast waiters: Gentle Leader anchored this morning just outside the breakwater at the northern end of the Panama Canal.

Looks like about 30 vessels ahead of it.
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...0&type_color=7
I see it there waiting. The map says it is anchored. From what I read, most ships get a reservation to enter ahead of time. If a ship shows up without one it can take days before they are let through. I wonder if all those ships ahead of Gentle Leader have reservations. Just curious and I want my Porsche already.

Last edited by greenpdk; 02-16-2013 at 09:04 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:51 AM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
When asked, the dealer I purchased from in Bellevue, WA said that of their new
car deliveries - approximately 20/month are special orders. I'm assuming all
models are included in that number.

Not knowing one way or another, this was surprising to me.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:16 PM
Nine XI is infamous around these partsNine XI is infamous around these parts
So my vessel, Bangkock Highway, has not had a position update since 2-13, 4 days. Is this unusual? I have seen posts from others whom seem to see the ships crossing the Atlantic on a daily basis. I have been using the marinetraffic website.

I suppose knowing where it is, isn't going to get it here any quicker, but...

Old 02-16-2013, 01:24 PM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Nine XI
So my vessel, Bangkock Highway, has not had a position update since 2-13, 4 days. Is this unusual? I have seen posts from others whom seem to see the ships crossing the Atlantic on a daily basis. I have been using the marinetraffic website.

I suppose knowing where it is, isn't going to get it here any quicker, but...
Yea it's normal, they disappear all the time. I lost mine several times crossing the pond, in fact it's lost now. Mine said it was making port last night and it's still off the grid. No idea where it is or when it's getting to port. We just have to be patient, eventually the show up!

Old 02-16-2013, 02:37 PM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTCarrera
West Coast waiters: Gentle Leader anchored this morning just outside the breakwater at the northern end of the Panama Canal.

Looks like about 30 vessels ahead of it.
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...0&type_color=7
oh man! that's my boat! just gonna go back and stick my head in the sand for another 10days...

Old 02-17-2013, 07:24 AM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by HotHonda
When asked, the dealer I purchased from in Bellevue, WA said that of their new
car deliveries - approximately 20/month are special orders. I'm assuming all
models are included in that number.

Not knowing one way or another, this was surprising to me.
I think Barrier Porsche is in the Top 10 of US dealers. Located about 4 miles from Microsoft HQ and about 15,000 MS employees, plus all the hi-tech spinoffs like Nintendo & Amazon. Very affluent community.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:26 AM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by oldman40
oh man! that's my boat! just gonna go back and stick my head in the sand for another 10days...
She's through the northern locks and in Lake Gatun right now, heading for the southern locks.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:55 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
The Sincerity Ace is showing as being in Halifax finally. Only 2 days late but earlier than one of the predictions. For we Canadians who are and have been waiting along time for our 991's this is the beginning of the end of our wait. I know Sid ordered his C4S way before they were released for ordering and for me it will be almost exactly 6 months from ordering that I get the car.

John in Vancouver

Old 02-17-2013, 10:16 AM
greenpdk is a jewel in the roughgreenpdk is a jewel in the roughgreenpdk is a jewel in the rough
If anyone is interested I think Gentle Leader is visible on the Panama Canal web cam. Should be going through the last lock and then be very visible, right in front of the camera within the next hour or so.

Last edited by greenpdk; 02-17-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:36 AM
Gentle Leader is now showing ETA San Diego 2/24. That is a 2 day improvement.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:29 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Snowczar
The Sincerity Ace is showing as being in Halifax finally. Only 2 days late but earlier than one of the predictions. For we Canadians who are and have been waiting along time for our 991's this is the beginning of the end of our wait. I know Sid ordered his C4S way before they were released for ordering and for me it will be almost exactly 6 months from ordering that I get the car.

John in Vancouver
Yeah I saw that she was just of the coast yesterday!
WOW I can't believe the car is actually about to touch Canadian soil... after waiting so damn long it's almost not registering... my wife somewhat confused asked me "aren't you happy it's finally here!?"...
I am I AM!! but I think at the same time I almost don't believe it... I guess I got used to the misery LOL.

That said I'm now realizing I'd better get my bud in gear to finilize a pick of the leather samples, schedule appointments with the different shops, ordering the right tires ect...

IT'S ACTUALLY COMING!!!
HOLLY CRAP!!!

Old 02-18-2013, 06:12 AM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
Congrats Sid! I know we have all been waiting a long time but I'm pretty sure you've got the record!!! Get those appts made so you can start enjoying your new ride ASAP! I'm sure it's hard to wrap your head around the fact that its finally here but, SHE'S COMMING BABY!!!!! Woohoo! Now where are those dancing girls when you really need them???

Old 02-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Attilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the roughAttilas is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by greenpdk
Gentle Leader is now showing ETA San Diego 2/24. That is a 2 day improvement.
Sweet! Can't wait.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:53 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CO997
Congrats Sid! I know we have all been waiting a long time but I'm pretty sure you've got the record!!! Get those appts made so you can start enjoying your new ride ASAP! I'm sure it's hard to wrap your head around the fact that its finally here but, SHE'S COMMING BABY!!!!! Woohoo! Now where are those dancing girls when you really need them???
Hehehe I'm starting to get excited!
I'm lining everything up so I can get cracking right away when she arrives!
Which should be early next week!

Old 02-19-2013, 07:43 AM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid

Hehehe I'm starting to get excited!
I'm lining everything up so I can get cracking right away when she arrives!
Which should be early next week!
Where's that new exhaust? That'll be ready soon?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: On Vessel