Kuda phone setup 991

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 08:25 PM
onapex is infamous around these parts
cars these days need a OEM, built-in phone holder! i thought about the kuda but it seems strange to have it on the passenger side? will the passenger's leg hit it?

Old 05-02-2013, 07:44 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Call 991
Have you installed the Kuda mount? I received mine without instructions and I'm not sure if the bottom tab is designed to fold around behind the bottom of the trim piece it attaches to or if the bottom tab slips in behind the top of the trim piece below it.
Humm, should have posted sooner. After the pictures of the difficult fitment, I cancelled my order and moved forward with a ProClip mount.

Looks good from the driver side:

A bit more tacky from the passenger side but still OK for me:

Attached Images   
Old 05-03-2013, 03:00 PM
Call 991 is infamous around these parts
Just finished installing the Kuda car mount. Install was easy.

1) Prep'ed the car mount by installing the phone mount onto the car mount
2) Drilled a hole just big enough for the lightening connector (if it's an earlier phone then you'll need it big enough for the USB connector) exiting the glove box towards the center console near the USB port (don't panic, it's not visible with the glove box closed, you could probably get a longer cord and go over the back of the glove box but given it's out of site this worked for me)
3) Pop out a short section of trim piece along side the console farthest from the dash.
4) Route the cabling out of the glove box towards the car mount tucking the cable in on the bottom side of the trim piece. For most of this the trim piece does not need to be removed.
5) I chose to drill through the base of the phone mount and bring the cable up through it to hide as much cable as possible.
6) Slide the car mount into position, bend the bottom tab of the phone mount around the bottom of the trim piece. The trim piece is triangular and the car mount will only fit in one location so I slid it forward unto the fit was snug.
7) Pop the trim piece back on and your done.

It took about the same amount of time to take the photos and prepare this post as it did for the install

One upgrade would be if you could find a black lightening cable. I bought a third party one but the particular phone mount I bought is designed to fit the apple connector perfectly and the third party connector was slightly bigger and would not fit.

Pics to come later.

Attached Images      
Old 05-03-2013, 03:03 PM
2) Drilled a hole just big enough for the lightening connector (if it's an earlier phone then you'll need it big enough for the USB connector) exiting the glove box towards the center console near the USB port (don't panic, it's not visible with the glove box closed, you could probably get a longer cord and go over the back of the glove box but given it's out of site this worked for me)
3) Pop out a short section of trim piece along side the console farthest from the dash.
4) Route the cabling out of the glove box towards the car mount tucking the cable in on the bottom side of the trim piece. For most of this the trim piece does not need to be removed.
5) I chose to drill through the base of the phone mount and bring the cable up through it to hide as much cable as possible.
6) Slide the car mount into position, bend the bottom tab of the phone mount around the bottom of the trim piece. The trim piece is triangular and the car mount will only fit in one location so I slid it forward unto the fit was snug.

It took about the same amount of time to take the photos and prepare this post as it did for the install. I type slow
One upgrade would be if you could find a black lightening cable. I bought a third party one but the particular phone mount I bought is designed to fit the apple connector perfectly and the third party connector was slightly bigger and would not fit. Pics to come later.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:17 PM

It took about the same amount of time to take the photos and prepare this post as it did for the install. I type slow
One upgrade would be if you could find a black lightening cable. I bought a third party one but the particular phone mount I bought is designed to fit the apple connector perfectly and the third party connector was slightly bigger and would not fit. Pics to come later.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2769.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	607.2 KB
ID:	238994   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2768.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	341.8 KB
ID:	238995   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2770.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	375.7 KB
ID:	238996   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2776.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	303.3 KB
ID:	238997  
Old 05-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Sorry, I didn't install it three times! Having problems with my 6speed iPhone app