Kuda phone setup 991

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 05:09 PM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
Kuda phone setup 991

Any pics or advice on which USB slot u used. iPhone cord hidden? Just received my kit from kuda. 1000x better than proclip !!!!!

Old 01-30-2013, 08:17 PM
Havok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of light
Pics please

Old 02-01-2013, 09:47 PM
20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future
still no pics? hello?

Old 02-01-2013, 11:39 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Thanks to google search...
http://www.kudausa.com/tags/iphone%2B5

Old 02-01-2013, 11:41 PM
20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future
i actually wanted to see it mounted in the car Fester thanks for the link though. seems like an awkard location anyhow why would they mount the phone on the passenger side ??????

Old 03-11-2013, 06:55 PM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
Anyone got any actual pics installed?

Old 03-11-2013, 07:44 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Here you go. I guess it's ok. The first one received was scratched. The replacement was sent right out (vendor is very accommodating) doesn't fit quite right. Not sure what I am going to do however.

It's probably the best solution but I am not completely satisfied.

I used the phone to take the photos so it is not in photo.

Attached Images       

Last edited by rnl; 03-11-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:54 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Just ordered mine. Pic of the 991 mount on the Kuda website. Will complement it with a black lightning cable

Old 03-11-2013, 07:58 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rnl
Here you go. I guess it's ok. The first one received was scratched. The replacement was sent right out (vendor is very accommodating) doesn't fit quite right. Not sure what I am going to do however.

Wouldn't the fitment be better if you placed the mount 'higher' (closer to the dash)? It is not perfect but looks less tacky than most phone holders...

Old 03-11-2013, 08:12 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SM_ATL

Wouldn't the fitment be better if you placed the mount 'higher' (closer to the dash)? It is not perfect but looks less tacky than most phone holders...
I agree but it does not fit there.

Sent from my iPhone using 6SpeedOnline

Attached Images   
Old 03-13-2013, 12:05 AM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rnl
I agree but it does not fit there.

Sent from my iPhone using 6SpeedOnline
rnl, thanks for the pics. it looks a bit on the bulky side, perhaps i'm reading it wrong and it is just the way it looks zoomed in? do you find that it gets in the way of a passenger's left leg? thanks for posting, this helps us visualize it much better. on a completely unrelated note, i forgot you had the mahogany wood trim with your 2tone. looks great!

Last edited by oldman40; 03-13-2013 at 12:06 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-13-2013, 07:03 AM
rnl
Originally Posted by oldman40
rnl, thanks for the pics. it looks a bit on the bulky side, perhaps i'm reading it wrong and it is just the way it looks zoomed in? do you find that it gets in the way of a passenger's left leg? thanks for posting, this helps us visualize it much better. on a completely unrelated note, i forgot you had the mahogany wood trim with your 2tone. looks great!

Not really, passengers are not bothered by it. It is a solution, not a great solution, but imho, it's the best out there that I could find.

Yes, thank you, my daughter - a Penn Stater - (who has claimed death dibs on my 991 and my MGB) absolutely hates the wood trim ("It does not match and looks stupid"), I like it, you like it and hey, that works for me!

Old 03-17-2013, 09:37 AM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by rnl

What are those white things?

And also, it appears that your phone holder does not charge the iPhone and/or hardwire connect your music to the Bose system to give you the higher compression/quality than bluetooth does?

Old 03-17-2013, 11:34 AM
rnl
Originally Posted by TTCarrera

What are those white things?

And also, it appears that your phone holder does not charge the iPhone and/or hardwire connect your music to the Bose system to give you the higher compression/quality than bluetooth does?
Paper tags inside

No it does not

Old 05-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Call 991 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
Just ordered mine. Pic of the 991 mount on the Kuda website. Will complement it with a black lightning cable
Have you installed the Kuda mount? I received mine without instructions and I'm not sure if the bottom tab is designed to fold around behind the bottom of the trim piece it attaches to or if the bottom tab slips in behind the top of the trim piece below it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kuda phone setup 991