Porsche European Delivery Experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 08:22 PM
TSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the rough
Like 20C4S, I had taken factory delivery of two BMWs before doing the same with a C2S last summer. Aside from hailing from the same nick of the woods, we also share a close association with Disney.

Had to laugh at your laser-like concentration exiting the delivery building. I was happy to have ordered the folding mirrors My saleman, who was experienced with factory deliveries, kept me reasonble well informed of the production process and provided the ship info so that I could track the progress acroos the pond and through the Panama Canal.

I was also lucky to have a great (German!) dude give me the delivery orientation. Like me, he is a true gearhead. When he heard that I also owned an NSX, he told me that he was part of the original Porsche team that disassembled the NSX in the early 90's to see how Honda could build such a magnificent car at a reasonable price

I'd have loved to have a beer or two with this fella, but it was time to head down to the Dolomiti in the new ride...

Out...

Spyder

Attached Images  
Old 02-02-2013, 11:02 PM
flyanddive is infamous around these partsflyanddive is infamous around these parts
Another thing you could mention is the Porsche Driving Experience is buried in the website. If my dealer hadn't of told me to go, I would have never known about it. I'm assuming the PDE is a big seller of cars, if I had not already had the car, I would have definitely been sold. I have no idea where to find the hundreds of pictures and videos they took of the event I was at.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:09 PM
OmegaMan is infamous around these partsOmegaMan is infamous around these parts
Does anyone know what the age restrictions are for the European Delivery? We want to bring our kids with us if we decide to pick up a car at the plant.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:15 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OmegaMan
Does anyone know what the age restrictions are for the European Delivery? We want to bring our kids with us if we decide to pick up a car at the plant.
it's ur car. as long as u're old enough to have a legal driving license.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:34 AM
grapesmc is infamous around these partsgrapesmc is infamous around these parts
I would probably ask Porsche if there are age restrictions on the factory tour. I can see how it might not be the best place to bring young children.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
6sol4me is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by grapesmc
I would probably ask Porsche if there are age restrictions on the factory tour. I can see how it might not be the best place to bring young children.
The minimum age for the factory tour is 12. I'm doing ED with my 9yr old son in a couple months and contacted PNA asking if there is some flexibility with this age requirement this is their response:

"They are generally very strict about this rule, however there have been exceptions
made in the past. Many of the machines are robotic and run along a track,
there is a risk of getting run over by if someone is not paying attention
and they want to minimize that risk as much as possible. If your son is
unable to join you, there will be someone on-site to look after him while
you are on the tour."

Hope this helps.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:28 AM
micha007mk is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up European delivery with Kids

Don't know if it's too late to answer but I just did the ED with my 2 kids (age 5 and 7) and I told my children to behave extra well from the moment they picked us up at the hotel, the first thing I asked for when we arrived was to bring my kids on the tour and they said that they would need specific approval from the plant manager and would let me know later on in the day. Later on in the afternoon our hostess said that it was approved but that we would do the tour by ourselves.
I can tell you that if at any time during the day leading up to it, our kids would have misbehaved, it would have been NO, or if anyone else would have done the tour with us they would have asked them if it was acceptable for them.

The issues they have are #1 safety and #2 if your kids will get bored and ruin the experience if anyone else is on the tour with you, I was lucky enough to have well behaved kids (only for that day LOL) and looked to be interested in everything going on!

P.S the ED day was one of the highlights in my life...if you can, don't pass it up!

If you need more info just ask.

Last edited by micha007mk; 08-08-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:01 PM
Dave in Oregon is infamous around these parts
I have done the Factory Tour 3 times and it is ALWAYS a highlight of a European tour