Jukebox question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 05:11 PM
mrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of light
Jukebox question

So my mid-December build C2 has the Jukebox feature, but now I'm trying to figure out what file formats it will accept. The manual says MP3, WAV, WMA, and AAC-LC.

I just tried copying files in AAC format (some lossy, some lossless, so if LC specifically means lossless at least some should have showed up!), and I get a message that no files in a suitable format were found.

Does anyone happen to know if there's a particular extension it wants? I had them with the iTunes .m4a extension, tried renaming some to .aac - still nothing. I'd hate to have to run them through a mp3 converter first if some form of AAC is supposed to work. Maybe I'll try .mp4 for the extension real quick here, but it's sort of annoying...

Thanks!

[Just looked up AAC-LC, and it's 'low complexity', so maybe my AAC's are high complexity or something? Something else to check anyway...

Old 02-01-2013, 06:17 PM
mrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of light
OK, .mp4 seems to be for movies (I thought maybe it was mpeg4 as in improved audio file and that it would make PCM see it... haven't tried, probably won't bother...). That aside, I just verified in iTunes that the majority my files are AAC-LC 256 kbps... So what does it not like, the file extensions? File names? Too many folders? A meaningful error message would sure be nice.

Argh.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:34 PM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mrstep
OK, .mp4 seems to be for movies (I thought maybe it was mpeg4 as in improved audio file and that it would make PCM see it... haven't tried, probably won't bother...). That aside, I just verified in iTunes that the majority my files are AAC-LC 256 kbps... So what does it not like, the file extensions? File names? Too many folders? A meaningful error message would sure be nice.

Argh.
Strange, it should work since album work and details are suppose to be displayed with the song now.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Go123 has a spectacular aura aboutGo123 has a spectacular aura about
If you are copying from a flash drive or external drive, it needs to be formatted in FAT16 or FAT32.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Go123
If you are copying from a flash drive or external drive, it needs to be formatted in FAT16 or FAT32.
Genius! I NEVER format my USB drives in anything other than FAT16 or FAT32, except... (you guessed it...)

I used this thumb drive to install OSX Mountain Lion before the GM release and forgot to format back to FAT32. Unreal. Of course the 1 time I have a funky thumb drive, it's the one I forget about and use to try to move the files.

I still wish the PCM would have said something like "I can't read this thumb drive - it needs to be FAT16 of FAT32 format.".

Time to re-format and copy stuff back on, but at least now it (hopefully) should just work!

Old 02-01-2013, 09:13 PM
It would be nice to know what WAV file format it is able to read. It is possible it can read multi-channel WAV or even DTS WAV. Mine is a Jan 13 build, and according to my sales guy it doesn't have the jukebox feature, I will know soon either way.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:17 PM
It would be nice to know what WAV file format it is able to read. It is possible it can read multi-channel WAV or even DTS WAV. Mine is a Jan 13 build, and according to my sales guy it doesn't have the jukebox feature, I will know soon either way.
I suspect you'll have it - I can't imagine you could have a build after mine and not have it included.

Hmm, multi-channel surround would be interesting as well, but of course the manual doesn't say anything about it. Maybe something else to play with once I get the basic music working?

Old 02-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Nice post!!! I'll try this tomorrow...thx!

Old 02-02-2013, 05:11 AM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
delivery in Nov 12, have files in mpeg-4 audio on 8GB flash drive plugged into USB port in glove box. music is very good quality and playlists are all recognized by PCM.

when i hit SOURCE button to load on Jukebox........ nothing no jukebox, dealer says i have it though

Old 02-02-2013, 08:41 AM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
For those of you with the jukebox, what audio system is in your cars? Wondering if the jukebox is only part of berm or Bose and not the base stereo? Could that be why some have it and not others? Pretty sure Fester has Berm. Go123 what do you have? My car built 19 Jan has Berm and my dealer assures me I have it, but won't know for sure till it arrives.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:47 AM
I am getting the Berm. Guy says I don't have it but that is always questionable information based on conversations with the sales guys. It wont matter much because I intend to rip all my cds in lossless format onto a portable external drive. I also have a large collection of DVD audio and DTS cds, they can easily be played by disc but it will be interesting to figure out a way to play them via the USB interface.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:03 AM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
I am getting the Berm. Guy says I don't have it but that is always questionable information based on conversations with the sales guys. It wont matter much because I intend to rip all my cds in lossless format onto a portable external drive. I also have a large collection of DVD audio and DTS cds, they can easily be played by disc but it will be interesting to figure out a way to play them via the USB interface.
I hear you on the lack of good info from the dealers. Sometimes it actually taints the whole ordering process... I also ripped all my CDs recently to lossless in anticipation of the Berm. The plan was to copy it directly to the jukebox, so we will see how that goes. If not ill be doing exactly what you are doing and put it all on an external drive.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by CO997
I hear you on the lack of good info from the dealers. Sometimes it actually taints the whole ordering process... I also ripped all my CDs recently to lossless in anticipation of the Berm. The plan was to copy it directly to the jukebox, so we will see how that goes. If not ill be doing exactly what you are doing and put it all on an external drive.
If Apple comes out with a higher capacity iPod classic that would also work well. Unfortunately I think they will be phasing out the classic with a higher capacity touch (128GB).

Old 02-02-2013, 11:06 AM
Which lossless format are you encoding to that the PCM is able to read? Using Apple lossless maybe the easiest option and connecting thru iPod.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:56 PM
Which lossless format are you encoding to that the PCM is able to read? Using Apple lossless maybe the easiest option and connecting thru iPod.
I used apple lossless, but again, I don't have my car yet so no idea on what works with PCM. Sure hope to find out soon though!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jukebox question