Text messages with iPhone5?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 09:26 PM
TestnDoc is infamous around these parts
Question Text messages with iPhone5?

I have a new 2013 C4S coupe. Upon pairing my iPhone5 to the PCM, I noticed there was a screen to display text and email messages. I could not get any messages to display. Anybody had their iPhone display messages? Blackberry? LOVE the C4S!!!

Old 02-01-2013, 09:37 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Ditto! I have been wondering about it too!! I know iphone5 supports the protocol but don't see it actually working...

Old 02-02-2013, 04:58 AM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
discussed in older thread last year. the iphone 5 has the message access protocol function (MAP) to transmit texts to cars but PCM does not accept it. Honda, Ford, Kia,etc cars all accept MAP in new models. Rather disaapointing in a 120k car, but i dont want anyone bothering me with texts anyway when i'm driving the beast.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:34 AM
Go123 has a spectacular aura aboutGo123 has a spectacular aura about
Hopefully they will have a software update to the PCM so MAP will work as intended.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:45 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by trysixty
discussed in older thread last year. the iphone 5 has the message access protocol function (MAP) to transmit texts to cars but PCM does not accept it. Honda, Ford, Kia,etc cars all accept MAP in new models. Rather disaapointing in a 120k car, but i dont want anyone bothering me with texts anyway when i'm driving the beast.
The owners manual indicate 2013 model year starting 2012 Dec DOES support MAP...yet the messages aren't popping up...I'll investigate it more this weekend. Kinda curious myself...

Old 02-02-2013, 12:53 PM
NSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really nice
I have an iPhone 4S and it functions as my pager. I receive my pages as a text message. When in the car the audio alert is disabled for some reason and my phone just vibrates. Unfortunately, I have to be able to get my pages even when in the car, so I have to keep the phone in my lap. I'm interested to see if the texts can pop up on the PCM. If I need to get an iPhone 5 for this to work I will!

Old 02-02-2013, 07:24 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Just got my new 2013 2 days ago and have not had a lot of time to experiment, but I can read my text messages on the PCM. The disturbing part is that I can not see the number or ID of the sender. I'll check more in detail

Old 02-02-2013, 07:48 PM
TestnDoc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
Just got my new 2013 2 days ago and have not had a lot of time to experiment, but I can read my text messages on the PCM. The disturbing part is that I can not see the number or ID of the sender. I'll check more in detail
Are you using an iPhone?

Old 02-02-2013, 08:19 PM
Ok...this might work...go to Bluetooth settings on your iphone5, select PCM submenu and turn notifications ON (see attached pic)...By default, it's turned OFF... I just did it but haven't checked ...will check in few hours...

Attached Images  
Old 02-02-2013, 10:01 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TestnDoc
Are you using an iPhone?
iPhone5, just updated to iOS6.1. 991S 2 days old. Everything as up to date as possible...

Originally Posted by Fester
Ok...this might work...go to Bluetooth settings on your iphone5, select PCM submenu and turn notifications ON (see attached pic)...By default, it's turned OFF... I just did it but haven't checked ...will check in few hours...
My iPhone is configured this way and text messages are displayed, but no more succes with the name of the sender. I turned off iMessages (just in case it was the reason the sender ID was not displayed), but makes no difference.
Could not find anything in the PCM manual and nothing on Apple forum's. I'll keep searching...

Old 02-02-2013, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
My iPhone is configured this way and text messages are displayed, but no more succes with the name of the sender. I turned off iMessages (just in case it was the reason the sender ID was not displayed), but makes no difference.
Could not find anything in the PCM manual and nothing on Apple forum's. I'll keep searching...
Yes, I just checked it too. First txt msg showed up...nothing after that and cannot extract source either. Perhaps PCM software update is in the making...

Old 02-03-2013, 04:27 AM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Fester

iphone5 with ios 6.1 and i dont even get the Show Notifications in the bluetooth settings with PCM?? mine must be a 2012 model that they changed window sticker to 2013??

Old 02-03-2013, 07:21 AM
jster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud of
I am more familiar with android than ios but have you tried switching to the sim access profile to see if that pulls the texts to (and allows readouts from) the pcm? This may also increase your signal strength.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:49 PM
ww007 has a spectacular aura aboutww007 has a spectacular aura aboutww007 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jster
I am more familiar with android than ios but have you tried switching to the sim access profile to see if that pulls the texts to (and allows readouts from) the pcm? This may also increase your signal strength.
I believe the SAP is only available with the telephone module. Also, iPhones do not support it.

Which brings me to another question: for those of you who are seeing the texts on the PCM, do you have the telephone module?

Old 02-03-2013, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by ww007
I believe the SAP is only available with the telephone module. Also, iPhones do not support it.

Which brings me to another question: for those of you who are seeing the texts on the PCM, do you have the telephone module?
Nope I don't. It's a pain though getting in the phone menu, pressing messages and then pressing it again...there should be a short cut for this...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Text messages with iPhone5?