991 GT3 info...rumours?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
991 GT3 info...rumours?

As this is the only 991 section on this forum I thought it appropriate to post this here.

This taken from another forum which took it from another forum! It refers to Europe.
-------------------------
Owners here got calls from the local dealer today on the GT3. First hand info from the sales guys:

3.8L Integrated Dry Sump
450bhp
0-100kmh in 3.5s
Ring lap time of 7:34
Rear Steering [!]
"Different" Side Mirrors
Public release at the Geneva Show, along with official price list
First cars will be MY14 with deliveries in Europe by year end
Taking deposits NOW

Last edited by Haku; 02-06-2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:31 AM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Haku
As this is the only 991 section on this forum I thought it appropriate to post this here.

This taken from another forum which took it from another forum! It refers to Europe.
-------------------------
Owners here got calls from the local dealer today on the GT3. First hand info from the sales guys:

3.8L Integrated Dry Sump
450bhp
0-100kmh in 3.5s
Ring lap time of 7:34
Rear Steering [!]
"Different" Side Mirrors
Public release at the Geneva Show, along with official price list
First cars will be MY14 with deliveries in Europe by year end
Taking deposits NOW
Yummy, can't wait to see these on the tracks.
I heard about 4wheel steering. As for the mirrors, now I have to go back at the spy shots to look at the side mirrors to see what the differences are.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:33 PM
TwelfthTangent is infamous around these parts
What about US deliveries?

Old 02-06-2013, 06:43 PM
certified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of light
Mirror change probably addresses the wind buffeting issue with the windows down.

But 450hp on the 3.8L sounds too close to the current C2S with the X51 power kit.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:44 PM
ae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to behold
I have heard that it will be a PDK only car. Also that it will be released at the end of the year. If you look at the timing it would be very similar to the C4/S. I would guess that we are looking at Jan 2014 release... It does look tasty and I should be looking at a used purchase in 3 years time enjoying my C4S along the way

Old 02-06-2013, 06:58 PM
opnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond repute
Haku thanks for posting. I got the same information from my dealer and that its PDK only plus it will be 1.5 in wider then 4S. I can't wait to see it and try that 4 wheel steering. As for delivery we might see the first one in the US by end of this year.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Havok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by certified_prime
Mirror change probably addresses the wind buffeting issue with the windows down.

But 450hp on the 3.8L sounds too close to the current C2S with the X51 power kit.
Sounds about right if you compare the 997.2 with power kit vs 997.2 3.8 gt3

Old 02-06-2013, 07:08 PM
runner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to behold
A little surprised to see only a 4 sec. advantage over the 991S.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:56 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Please excuse my ignorance on this but wouldn't it be better to have the variable fore / aft power sharing of the C4?

ChuckJ

Old 02-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Please excuse my ignorance on this but wouldn't it be better to have the variable fore / aft power sharing of the C4?

ChuckJ
But the GT3 is soooo coool!
Yeah, you could be right. The C4/S would be the more prudent purchase. A GT3 is not designed to be a daily driver.

Obviously, the GT3 is geared toward the Trackies, and light years ahead being ready for its intended purpose than a C4. In its 2yr absence, Porsche has explored strange new configurations and reached out to new customers to boldly bring us the best track car without having to get a sponsor!!!*

*(Personally, I prefer the original Star Wars to Star Trek)

Old 02-06-2013, 09:04 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by certified_prime
OK, let's get these new mirrors on order ASAP Then maybe the GT3

450hp seems to make sense: same as the previous 3.8 RS, more than an S w/X51 and leaving some room for the new RS to be around 475-500hp.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:55 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by opnielsen
Haku thanks for posting. I got the same information from my dealer and that its PDK only plus it will be 1.5 in wider then 4S. I can't wait to see it and try that 4 wheel steering. As for delivery we might see the first one in the US by end of this year.
Wide and low. It's going to be quite a looker! I think you're right, first ones here around the end of the year.

I also think that it's going to have pdcc, a further enhanced and track oriented suspension and dynamic engine mounts as standard. The 4 wheel steering will most likely be an option.

With updated technology and performance enhancements I'm quite sure that the 991 GT3 will be better suited to road driving than its predecessor. We shall wait and see.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:52 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Yeah it's going to be a beauty, I can't wait to see and hear her!
Re; body... it will have the same size shell as the C4S, turbo and GT2 so the 1.5" wider is over the C2S.

Basically the GT3 will look very, very close to the GT3 cup car whose images have already released (minus tow-hook, wheel arch extensions, escape hatch, "induction" rear decklid etc.) and will start sales in early fall.
I know this because because I've already put in my order for the front bumper, wheels arches extensions, front splitter etc.

Now all I need is a car to put the growing pile of parts on!

Attached Images    
Old 02-07-2013, 06:12 AM
This pic of the GT3 during hot weather testing in Australia.

Full article and pic on gtspirit.com
http://www.gtspirit.com/2013/02/07/s...-in-australia/

Attached Images  
Old 02-07-2013, 08:50 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
PDK only? Makes sense. We'll see if this is still true.

Rear steering? No thanks. It may help with better handling. But it will definitely take some time to be able to extract that additional performance. While not being traditional, I could see a learning curve with this new feature. Initially, I hope this rumor doesn't make it.

1.5" wider than a C4? Hell yes!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 info...rumours?