Horrible...horrible experience with Porsche service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Don't know about Porsche's satisfaction surveys but BMW in Canada craps on the dealer for anything less than outstanding on every line.

Not having bought a new Porsche for a number of years (have one coming now) I haven't seen Porsche's survey. If it comes from Porsche then I guarantee they know who the dealer is as well as the salesperson and that probably leaked back to the service manager (or perhaps they (Porsche)) told the sm to get in touch with you and fix it. Instead he craps on you?

John in Vancouver

Old 02-11-2013, 05:21 PM
stronbl has a spectacular aura aboutstronbl has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by bbywu
I didn't catch the name of the dealership?
I'd like to know as well - which dealers couldn't fix it and which one did? I've dealt with several in the bay area and still trying to find consistent quality in capabilities as well as superior customer service - sometimes I think I get close, but then ...

Old 02-11-2013, 09:29 PM
ArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the rough
Here in SF I have had only good experiences with Sonnen. I know that no dealer is perfect, but they have repeatedly bent over backwards to accommodate me.

I did give a very slightly less-than-perfect survey on one of the experiences (new fine swirl marks where someone wiped dirt off the hood, carelessly) and they promptly followed up and attempted to make it right.

I agree with the poster who suggested giving Porsche NA "a chance to shine" on this, rather than writing off all the dealers outright.

BTW, if you do not intend to return to the dealer, why not name names?

Old 02-14-2013, 02:40 AM
frenzy is infamous around these parts
rich: i feel for you, having a perfect vehicle damaged by someone else is horrible. especially if you have plans on keeping the car for a long time and did the necessary precautions like clear bra, etc.

do you know if the repairs will show up in any report, I'd hate to see your car having a lower resale value because of this.