Porsche Logo on Startup?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 04:41 PM
SLVR_BULLIT is infamous around these parts
Porsche Logo on Startup?

Just wondering if anyone has experienced seeing the Porsche Logo on the PCM screen when starting the car. Usually when the car starts you see the "Carrera" image on the PCM. Every so often, I get a porsche logo on the screen.... just curious if this has happened to you or if anyone knows why this would appear...

Old 02-13-2013, 05:02 PM
Jadoca is infamous around these parts
I have but have not payed attention as to why.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:30 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Yeah. I have wondered about that. Anyone know?

Old 02-13-2013, 05:35 PM
MIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud of
Wish the Porsche logo would stay on all the time!!! It seem to show up when the car sits for along time..

Old 02-14-2013, 06:58 AM
jster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud of
The Porsche brand screen appears to be the first part of the PCM boot sequence that would be generic to all PCM systems. Then they move to a sub brand/car specific logo screen that stays slightly longer. The system boots quickly and since part of the boot sometimes occurs prior to entering the car the shield logo screen isn't often seen.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:03 PM
mrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jster
The Porsche brand screen appears to be the first part of the PCM boot sequence that would be generic to all PCM systems. Then they move to a sub brand/car specific logo screen that stays slightly longer. The system boots quickly and since part of the boot sometimes occurs prior to entering the car the shield logo screen isn't often seen.
That make sense. I just saw it for the first time 2 days ago and couldn't quite figure it out, but I had been waiting in the car for my son's school bus and had turned the car off. When I turned it back on, I saw the shield. So normally it probably does this when I get close / unlock the door and am getting in?