Front plate mounting option.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 08:38 AM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by HotHonda
No choice in WA State, you either have a front plate or eventually get a ticket.

It's a source of revenue - decided not to participate & took the OEM path.

Wow!!! Love your garden's Gazing Globe under the house's window.

It brings back memories of my grandmother's....that I shot with my BB-gun.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:40 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Which version of the holder is that? Is it the Short or Very short. Reason for asking is that on your car it's blocking quite a portion of the middle opening whereas I will have another oil cooler behind that (it's an X51) which would need unobstructed air flow.

John in Vancouver

Old 03-12-2013, 08:50 AM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
I too can attest to the Skene bracket. I am using it on my R8 and it has held up for over a year now without any slipping or problems. A really inexpensive solution. I also did the same as Brianja - mounted some rubber pads on the vertical metal arms of the bracket in case someone bumps into the license plate.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:54 AM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Snowczar
Which version of the holder is that? Is it the Short or Very short. Reason for asking is that on your car it's blocking quite a portion of the middle opening whereas I will have another oil cooler behind that (it's an X51) which would need unobstructed air flow.

John in Vancouver
This is the "short". The "extra short" did not work on the sport design bumper.

The height of the plate is adjustable on all of the brackets. Since I don't have the X51 I wanted it shifted down into that opening more. If I had X51 and didn't want to block the airflow I would adjust it up so that it is more in front of the bumper face.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:58 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Thanks very much. I have the Sport Design front and rear so I did order the correct "Skene" holder.

John in Vancouver

Old 03-12-2013, 09:08 AM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
We need photos of the Skene on someone's car?

Thanks in advance

Old 03-12-2013, 09:14 AM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTCarrera
We need photos of the Skene on someone's car?

Thanks in advance
???

I've posted photos of it on my car twice now. Do you mean on a standard front bumper?

Old 03-12-2013, 09:32 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brianja
???

I've posted photos of it on my car twice now. Do you mean on a standard front bumper?
Brianja, this looks the best. Is it durable...that is...sustain high speeds etc?

All, it's available here: http://skenedesign.com/FPBracket/Order.shtml

Old 03-12-2013, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by Fester
Brianja, this looks the best. Is it durable...that is...sustain high speeds etc?

All, it's available here: http://skenedesign.com/FPBracket/Order.shtml
It's actually a more solid mount than I had anticipated. I haven't done any very high speed testing, but it has seen plenty of highway driving without a problem.

I think a big part of making it solid is adjusting the plate so that the rubber bumpers on the back are resting on (or just off of) the bumper face. That way some of the force from wind gets transmitted into the face of the bumper and doesn't solely go to the two mounting screws. It also helps that I've adjusted the height of mine so that the angle brackets are near the center of the plate. This keeps the force of the wind from generating a large moment on the attachment point... trying to rip them out.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Kenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to all
Anybody have trouble with a clear bra on with this mounting plate? I.e. putting "stress" on the "skin"?

Old 03-13-2013, 08:39 PM
h1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud of
I used tow hook plate mounting on the last 3 911's
you can buy from the dealer or on line. They work great.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:55 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by h1sp
I used tow hook plate mounting on the last 3 911's
you can buy from the dealer or on line. They work great.
Do these look great too??

Old 03-14-2013, 04:26 PM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
I just installed the tow-hook type and am really satisfied; it spins on or off in less than a minute. I also have the aero-kit and there's still enough clearance for unobstructed spinning.

Last edited by CarreraPete; 03-14-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:24 PM
handfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by CarreraPete
I just installed the tow-hook type and am really satisfied; it spins on or off in less than a minute. I also have the aero-kit and there's still enough clearance for unobstructed spinning.

Front License Plate Mount Bracket Kit Install (Tow hook, Porsche) -
YouTube
Another great alternative to the stock front mounting bracket.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:38 PM
I love this plate!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front plate mounting option.