991 C4S Cab - Platinum Silver w/Expresso - How will it look?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 09:00 AM
jkonva is infamous around these parts
991 C4S Cab - Platinum Silver w/Espresso - How will it look?

I am about to pull the trigger on my first Porsche. I am building a C4S Cabriolet and have until 2/25 to make final changes.

Right now, my color choice is Platinum Silver with Espresso interior and a black top.

The dealer is concerned with how the Espresso will look with a black top and has suggested Agate interior instead.

What do others think? I have seen interior shots of 991s with the Platinum Silver/Espresso combination, but not on a Cab.

I am very excited as you can imagine, but I want to keep this car for a while and want to make sure the color is a "keeper."

Thanks!

Last edited by jkonva; 02-20-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:31 AM
ae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to behold
Have you considered brown top?

Old 02-19-2013, 09:47 AM
jkonva is infamous around these parts
I have considered a brown top, but the dealer said that they can look a bit faded on a silver car.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:14 AM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
The espresso is great with a black top. my opinion, of course.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:15 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
I think the brown top would look amazing, but if it has a tendency to fade, black is always a good color on a silver car.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:26 AM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
I think the brown top would look amazing, but if it has a tendency to fade, black is always a good color on a silver car.
I agree. Perhaps one of our members can chime in about the probability of a brown top fading over time.

Best of luck with the car--you're in for one heck of a treat!

Old 02-19-2013, 01:25 PM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
I think brown with silver would look odd...

In terms of top color I've had several cabs; one had a grey top. Fading was not an issue but there was a section on the old tops (pre 991) where a bit of grease or oil got on the top and stained it. You could not see it on a black top but it really showed up on my grey top. I swapped the top for black...

My 991 does not show any indication of the problem so perhaps they fixed it.

Good luck.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:06 PM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Platinum silver over espresso is a stunning combination. My recommendation is that you get the deviated carpeting to "break up" the interior a bit and the black carpets will hold up a little better and be easier over the long run (replacment mats, for example will be easier to find).

I think the black top would look fine too.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:20 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
OK not a cab but this will give you a VERY good idea of what you can look forward to... uhmmm...actually... copious amounts of options not withstanding.
I just love these shots, can't get enough of them. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-ducktail.html

CONGRATS!

Old 02-20-2013, 07:48 AM
Dr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Da Hapa
Platinum silver over espresso is a stunning combination. My recommendation is that you get the deviated carpeting to "break up" the interior a bit and the black carpets will hold up a little better and be easier over the long run (replacment mats, for example will be easier to find).

I think the black top would look fine too.
This ^

Platinum silver and Espresso is a great combination. With black carpet, it would break up the interior a bit and help tie the interior with the black top. Win - win.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:03 PM
I'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ae911
Have you considered brown top?
Dealer had a platinum silver / brown top / Expresso interior when I bought my car and it was absolutely stunning. Great combo.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:08 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Go with the expresso..good luck

Old 02-23-2013, 02:56 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Platinum silver has brownish/golden hue in it...with espresso interior and brown top, it'll be a perfect combo. Black will be a little bit out of place IMHO.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:36 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fester
Platinum silver has brownish/golden hue in it...with espresso interior and brown top, it'll be a perfect combo. Black will be a little bit out of place IMHO.

Ditto, ditto. I think the espresso and brown to would look great, assuming the browns match well. Another option is to do a black roof and add some black inserts to your interior. I did that with my red interior. I did black seat inserts and black door inserts. Added about $1k and as the black interior parts are standard, it only changed my build date by 3 days. There are pictures of my interior earlier on the site if you can just imagine espresso instead of red.

This would help tie the colors into a theme that runs throughout the car and will look great.

I can't wait to see pictures when it comes in.
Enjoy!

Old 03-02-2013, 08:33 AM
dlbonder is infamous around these parts
I have platinum/espresso with brown top and LOVE IT. I would not think the blk brown combo would look as nice. Here is my Aug post with pics

dlbonder
Garage is empty, add now Join Date: Jul 2010

Perfection ! Brought home today (PICS)
Carrera S Cabriolet
Platinum silver
Cab roof in brown
Expresso Natural leather
Seat belts silver
Sport exhaust
PDK
Sport Chrono pkg
SPORT DESIGN PACKAGE
Wheel crests
Power steering plus
Sport Design steering wheel
Adaptive sport seats plus
Prem pkg with 18 way seats
Bose pkg
Attached Thumbnails

Attached Images    

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 C4S Cab - Platinum Silver w/Expresso - How will it look?