HRE P40SC wheels for Carrera S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 02:01 PM
Nico911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Nico911
Hey SM_ATL, thanks for your detailed information. To me your like a PAA (Porsche Accessory Authority). I have read your 911 journal (got to page 60 something to find out you bought a GTS; congrats!)
SM_ATL, Sorry for the mistake. Congrats on your GT3! Enjoy

Old 02-21-2013, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by One@D2Forged
Hello. Just to chime in, we make monoblock and three piece forged wheels. Here's an example of our design done in MB1 (monoblock), CV1 (three piece concave) and FMS01 (three piece entry level forged wheels).

Sorry, my mistake with regards to mono block construction. Must have not read the whole product description.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:05 PM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
Nico911 no harm done. Let us know if you need any more info about our wheels, builds or such.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:16 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
SM_ATL, Sorry for the mistake. Congrats on your GT3! Enjoy
Well... Hummm... Let's say the GT3 is gone already and replaced with a new 991... Hence my presence on this forum again

Old 02-21-2013, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
Well... Hummm... Let's say the GT3 is gone already and replaced with a new 991... Hence my presence on this forum again
I can´t believe you man!! I will restart my reading on your log! Your Porsche life resembles a very interesting novel! I will catch up on your log and hope to be up to date when the new chapter unravels!

Old 02-21-2013, 07:34 PM
Ajax-Prime is infamous around these parts
+1,000 for Champion wheels.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:17 PM
Still thinking about a second set of wheels

I am curious: Will the wheels of a 911 Carrera 4S fit on a regular Carrera S? My stock Carrera S wheels have an offset of 51 for the front and 70 for the rear. Carrera 4S wheels have an offset of 51 for the front and 52 for the rear. That means the rear wheels will be 18mm more "outside" than the stock ones. What I am looking for is a more flushed look. Will the Carrera 4S wheels fit my Carrera S? Will their offset give me the flushed look I want? Will it be too much?

Old 02-28-2013, 04:21 PM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Not sure if this gives you any insight, but here you go:

The width of the 991 C2S is 1,808mm and the C4S is 1,852mm so it's 44mm wider on paper but because of the actual shape difference in the fender haunches it looks bigger in real life (subjective).

Old 02-28-2013, 04:36 PM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
I am curious: Will the wheels of a 911 Carrera 4S fit on a regular Carrera S? My stock Carrera S wheels have an offset of 51 for the front and 70 for the rear. Carrera 4S wheels have an offset of 51 for the front and 52 for the rear. That means the rear wheels will be 18mm more "outside" than the stock ones. What I am looking for is a more flushed look. Will the Carrera 4S wheels fit my Carrera S? Will their offset give me the flushed look I want? Will it be too much?
Would you run 18mm spacers on your rear wheels? I think most would say that's too much.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:11 PM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
I think it would be a tight fit, adding some negative camber will help.
Could you use wide body 997 wheels on a narrow body 997?

Old 02-28-2013, 07:09 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
I have been thinking on buying a second set of wheels (I have tried to explain to my wife that she does not have only one pair of shoes, does she?), and I am considering the HRE p40SC wheels. First question: who knows what is the difference between the P40S and the P40SC? Second question: What is the offset for the original Carrera S wheels and what offset do I have to order the HRE to have a well flushed wheel appearance? Third question: Anybody knows what would the difference in weight be between the stock wheels and the HRE's? Fourth question: I was considering using Michelin Sport Pilot instead of my original Pirelli PZERO's, any insight on the choice?

Thanks for the feedback. Making this decision is going to be difficult since I cannot just drive to a local wheel shop and try the wheels on due to my really, really far South American location!

Any input will be very appreciated.
C for concavity from what I know. Personally, I like concaved wheels so SC would be my choice.

So in the end, were you able to convince your wife with your analogy? I hope she didn't come back and say, "none of my shoes cost thousands of dollars per pair!" (My apologies in advance if she does own shoes that cost thousands of dollars.)

Old 03-01-2013, 06:55 AM
Originally Posted by brianja
Would you run 18mm spacers on your rear wheels? I think most would say that's too much.
No, I would not run the 18mm spacers, but the 4S wheels have a ET52 offset, which would pull the wheels 18mm further out. With regards to using spacers, what would the max spacer size that would be recommended? I´ve heard about some italian brand (do not remember the name) which offers a hub-centric spacer system. As I understand, they offer 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25 mm spacers.

Originally Posted by STALKER
I think it would be a tight fit, adding some negative camber will help.
Could you use wide body 997 wheels on a narrow body 997?
It is the same case I am wondering about. Using 991 Carrera 4S wheels on a 991 Carrera S.

Originally Posted by Enilder
C for concavity from what I know. Personally, I like concaved wheels so SC would be my choice.

So in the end, were you able to convince your wife with your analogy? I hope she didn't come back and say, "none of my shoes cost thousands of dollars per pair!" (My apologies in advance if she does own shoes that cost thousands of dollars.)
You are right about the prize of the shoes! I did not really convince her with that argument, but she got the message!