What to do with all those blank buttons on the console?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 08:19 AM
1mirage has a spectacular aura about1mirage has a spectacular aura about
So who knows what options are available to replace the blanks?

Old 02-22-2013, 01:04 PM
barihunk is infamous around these partsbarihunk is infamous around these parts
I'd be interested in getting some decals, these all look nice

Old 02-22-2013, 01:09 PM
shumi_9 is infamous around these parts
All we need is a source for stencils. Apply with air brush, white paint. Should look sleek.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:39 PM
Actually I was thinking of something like cut vinyl, like how racing decals (or clear bras for that matter) are applied - We just have to find someone (or some company) with a vinyl cutter, white vinyl, and transfer label. Anyone here have access to these resources?

Old 02-22-2013, 04:41 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by barihunk
Actually I was thinking of something like cut vinyl, like how racing decals (or clear bras for that matter) are applied - We just have to find someone (or some company) with a vinyl cutter, white vinyl, and transfer label. Anyone here have access to these resources?
See post#24. You are correct, that is the way to do this. The only challenge is the size and the details. Just need to get a bunch made, and keep trying till it stick, and stay on.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:11 PM
I've seen much finer artwork done, it just depends on the plotter and (the more important factor) the patience of the person peeling off the negative area. There are smaller plotters designed for much finer cutting. Maybe I should go out and try to find someone with one of these.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:32 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
I've seen much finer artwork done, it just depends on the plotter and (the more important factor) the patience of the person peeling off the negative area. There are smaller plotters designed for much finer cutting. Maybe I should go out and try to find someone with one of these.
I don't doubt that, the guy peeling off the negative is key. All those art are made with consistence line weight, it is easier to apply on compare to one that is not, like the 991 decal where some of the line come to a fine point, that takes patient.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:37 PM
http://customvinyldecals.com/

Hmmm perhaps if there's interest in a group buy I could pursue this? I think it could be a fun little project

Old 02-23-2013, 01:07 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm perhaps if there's interest in a group buy I could pursue this? I think it could be a fun little project

Sure Barihunk, if you take the lead on this, I would be interested and I am sure there would be others interested as well. Thanks.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:42 AM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
i'm in for group buy.

most of us only need 3-4 buttons, so maybe having a set of 4 would help vendor make his setup cost back quicker.

seat eject, missile, toxic gas, ????

an additional one that might be nice and up to date from the old Bond DB7
is LASER. here's a clipart of it i made...........

Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2013, 05:56 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mdc
Much better

Hmm looks like my interior...nice choice bro

Old 02-23-2013, 07:26 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jacky328
Can't wait to see
I asked for a couple of quotes from some internet companies, with mdc's pics and a few others, to ask if they can make stickers/decals the size of the buttons (about 1/2 inch by 3/4 inch). I will let everyone know what they say, if they can do it, and what the minimum cost will be. Here's hoping it can be done and not be too costly . . .

Old 02-23-2013, 07:32 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute

Count me in if you can get them.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:31 AM
mdc
Originally Posted by Alan
Got a feeling you're gonna get a letter from the Porsche lawyers on this one
I don't think they would, what I created is for my personal use ONLY, it has no commercial value. It is drawn from a high contrast photo and not their graphics. It is in same style, but that is no something they created. Infinity use the same graphics style for their G37 coupe. That style had been around long before ePorsche came out with that graphics. If I asked a bunch of designers to create a side profile graphics of a 991, 60% of them will do just that. And I did not see the Porsche graphics till after I created mine, but I will take it down

Old 02-24-2013, 06:22 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Gene G
Count me in if you can get them.
Count me in too!! I think I need 2-3 of them.

Ideas:

Smoke
Oil slick
Guns
Death Ray

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What to do with all those blank buttons on the console?