What to do with all those blank buttons on the console?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 06:27 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Bouncy girls for Sid! Maybe he'll stay on the forum!!!

Old 02-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Richard911 is infamous around these parts
Please count me in. Great idea. I would also like ejection seat

Old 02-25-2013, 08:39 PM
barihunk is infamous around these partsbarihunk is infamous around these parts
Are there vector versions of the designs people want? I'm not that good at design but if I have the vector designs it would be easier to pursue...

mdc, you gonna make some of the ones you have on your seat back for people interested? Cos I definitely am.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:30 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by barihunk
Are there vector versions of the designs people want? I'm not that good at design but if I have the vector designs it would be easier to pursue...

mdc, you gonna make some of the ones you have on your seat back for people interested? Cos I definitely am.
, no, sorry. I have no plan to do that. Alan pointed out(see post 44) that I might get into trouble with Porsche because it is too similar to the graphics they are using. I don't think there is an issue, but I rather not find out. It has a similar style, but I have seen similar style used by Infinity and others. But I am glad that he brought it up.

The graphics was created for my own personal use. It has no commercial value and it is not intended for anyone else to use it. I just posted that as an example of what I did to make my seat back more interesting. . I asked for the graphics and pictures to be removed, so they are all gone.

Last edited by mdc; 02-25-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:43 AM
roonross is infamous around these parts
Buttons

I'm in, expecially for an ejector button.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:12 AM
barihunk is infamous around these partsbarihunk is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mdc
, no, sorry. I have no plan to do that. Alan pointed out(see post 44) that I might get into trouble with Porsche because it is too similar to the graphics they are using. I don't think there is an issue, but I rather not find out. It has a similar style, but I have seen similar style used by Infinity and others. But I am glad that he brought it up.

The graphics was created for my own personal use. It has no commercial value and it is not intended for anyone else to use it. I just posted that as an example of what I did to make my seat back more interesting. . I asked for the graphics and pictures to be removed, so they are all gone.
That's a damn shame. Another example of how copyright law (and patent law for that matter) seems to serve as obstructors to innovation and creativity these days. If you drew it, it's your creation. Oh well.

Pity.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:28 AM
waller is infamous around these parts
There is no chance that Porsche could block this. Their right to block reuse of their OWN button designs would be thin at best. And their right to block a totally different design that was "similar" and a parody is zero. Moreover, why would they even care/try.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:55 AM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by waller
There is no chance that Porsche could block this. Their right to block reuse of their OWN button designs would be thin at best. And their right to block a totally different design that was "similar" and a parody is zero. Moreover, why would they even care/try.
, we weren't referring to those button graphics. It was a graphics of a 991.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:58 AM
waller is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mdc
Whoops. :-)

Old 02-26-2013, 02:43 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
How bout a replacement for the "A" which is the only non self explanatory button. "Sport-" would fit right in.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:08 PM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
have a small ma and pa graphic artist shop working on these three. if they can do it, i'll have them put them on my spare buttons from PSE install...........and post if any good

Attached Images  
Old 03-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't want to let this die. These are the new buttons in the new GT3. I think the race track button is great.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:44 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mdc
Very difficult case for them anyway. They would have to argue that it was a derivative work under the copyright law and that you had access and there was sufficient similarity to something you copied. And, unless they actually file a copyright and put a notice on whatever it is they can prove you copied (assuming that they can do that) they can only get an injunction to prevent you from distributing them. And, again, that was only if the gave a rat's.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:48 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
Sure Barihunk, if you take the lead on this, I would be interested and I am sure there would be others interested as well. Thanks.
Please count me in for a set, or likely two - I am not that patient or that coordinated

Old 03-09-2013, 03:25 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by trysixty
have a small ma and pa graphic artist shop working on these three. if they can do it, i'll have them put them on my spare buttons from PSE install...........and post if any good
trysixty - any luck on this? Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What to do with all those blank buttons on the console?