So I walked into the Porsche dealership...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 08:26 PM
Cynical is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by StPatsDay
Great tale. Your 991S is so much more car than the RS5; it's not even funny. I hope you enjoy it.
Btw - will this be your first porsche?
First Porsche yes. It feels like a right of passage. I remember watching Weird Science over and over and lusting over the 928 as a teenager.

Last edited by Cynical; 03-01-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Cynical is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ae911
Congrats on the car and you made the right choice.

I think I may know the dealer you were kicking the dust at... That is where I have my order in...
Rockville Audi? There is a lovely CS4 that was almost a winner. I bought the CS2 from Pepe in NY which is also very good dealership and literally brand new..

Old 03-01-2013, 08:40 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Wow. Great color. Welcome to the group

Old 03-01-2013, 09:10 PM
CCns23 has a spectacular aura aboutCCns23 has a spectacular aura about
Great story and congrats on the new ride!

I also joined the 991 club this week. Not the most popular color (Lime gold), but the deal I got was enough to make me go colorblind. Like you, a grin from ear to ear appears on my face every time I fire it up in the morning! Enjoy in good health

Old 03-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Former Vendor
dbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant future
Very nice. RS5 is a great car, but nowhere close to a sports car. It is a quick GT car. I was very surprised with the understeer despite the quattro. Almost bought one, ended up not doing. Enjoy your Porsche in good health!

Old 03-01-2013, 10:29 PM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations to you! You made a great choice. Do not fear the mileage on it. I'm sure it was well loved, and unlike others here, you don't have to baby it for the first few weeks!

Old 03-01-2013, 10:46 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
I had a similar tail. Had purchased a 997 C2s cab only 10 months earlier. Was still in honeymoon territory. Went to meet a friend who was a salesman, just to take a look. Remind me to stay out of expensive watch stores. Congrats. It is a great color. Drive it in great health!

Old 03-01-2013, 10:46 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
I bought the 2013 Audi S5 Prestige Cabrio (amazing car) before trying a 991 (as you said, stunning car). Doing aftermarket work on the S or RS models still will not bring them up to the overall 991 performance level. You did good and stayed out of my mistake. Congrats. This is the one you want, as you already know.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:15 PM
Crabman141 is infamous around these parts
First of all ....awesome story, second can I get a ride ? Congrats can't wait too see a few more pictures, it's amazing.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:29 PM
Schunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Cynical
The dealer had is for a few weeks - so I can, without question, guarantee its been gunned and broken in. Oh well, german engineering is built to stand up to that kind of thing. Glad I got a 5 year warranty. Chortle.
I can tell you that your 991 will be just fine! That's why this is my 5th Carrera! Love that German engineering! Enjoy!

Old 03-01-2013, 11:36 PM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
First Porsche yes. It feels like a right of passage. I remember watching Weird Science over and over and lusting over the 928 as a teenager.
funny! i remember lusting after kelly lebrock too...boy did she take a bad turn down the road later on...her grill got pretty beat up.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:53 PM
tahoe_joe has a spectacular aura abouttahoe_joe has a spectacular aura about
I did back and forth over a new one in Platinum C4 but I ended up going for GT. Plat is very very appealing but I couldn't get over the gold I saw in it on some days. Each man to their own though. Its still a mega colour and the one of two front runners for me.
Oh man I had the same choice in colors as you and opted for GT as well. I just locked my custom order. was going to do platinum silver. when i saw it next to GT Silver by chance, then the gold was obvoius in the platinum silver. until then i hadn't seen it.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:57 AM
Spathiinc has a spectacular aura aboutSpathiinc has a spectacular aura about
That's a really great story, big congrats on picking an awesome car! Can't wait to see more pics, and definitely list out those options! =)

Old 03-02-2013, 02:06 AM
MIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud of
Best decision you could have made. Audi S5 (Boring) Porsche 911- Never Boring!!!

Old 03-02-2013, 05:19 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Congratulations! The car looks stunning.
Oh the "take it for a test drive" line eh? With these cars that'll get you every time
Post up the spec and more pics when you can.
Enjoy!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So I walked into the Porsche dealership...