So I walked into the Porsche dealership...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Cynical is infamous around these parts
So I walked into the Porsche dealership...

...which happened to be attached to the Audi dealership I had arranged to visit one fateful morning last week. I wanted a new RS5, had done my research and worked the finance math out on the back of a cigarette packet. I was ready to become an Audi man.

So there I was kicking some dust around the parking lot looking at, yes, you guessed it, the 991 pen. I wasn't immediately smitten but there was a twinkle. Salesmen beelines for his potential prey and I'm asked "do I want to take it out for a drive?" and I break like a wet kitkat and spend 15 minutes grinning from ear to ear. Spellbound.

Anyways, long story short I ended up buying one after testing the C4S, I went for a slightly cheaper but no less STUNNING C2S in GT Silver. Its got 2k on the clock - I can forgive that - as still smells like a 6th ladies dorm at 3am. Like SUCCESS. I did back and forth over a new one in Platinum C4 but I ended up going for GT. Plat is very very appealing but I couldn't get over the gold I saw in it on some days. Each man to their own though. Its still a mega colour and the one of two front runners for me.

So I pick it up on Tuesday from the dealer. I literally cannot wait. I feel like I'm joining a very special club. Thought Id drop all you 991 owners a line. Its so worth it gentleman. I can list the options on the car is anyone is interested and I'll post some pro-shots once I get my grubby mits on the thing in a few days.

Not a great shot attached - but you get the picture.

Cheers.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-3.jpg
Views:	647
Size:	253.7 KB
ID:	217080  
Old 03-01-2013, 06:05 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
great story...all the best on the new ride...brilliant looking

Old 03-01-2013, 06:09 PM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
Can looks fantastic. Great story! Looking forward to the pics.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:30 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Looks like is was extruded from an aluminum billet- absolutely beautiful with that perfect Sport PASM stance.

Re joining a special club: it will tell you, "you have been chosen" every time you drive it!

Congrads.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:40 PM
Cheers fellas. One thing with this car that has struck me is that is it sooooo much better looking in the flesh. Photos of the 991 really don't do it the justice it deserves...

Old 03-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Schunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to allSchunmd is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Cynical
...which happened to be attached to the Audi dealership I had arranged to visit one fateful morning last week. I wanted a new RS5, had done my research and worked the finance math out on the back of a cigarette packet. I was ready to become an Audi man.

So there I was kicking some dust around the parking lot looking at, yes, you guessed it, the 991 pen. I wasn't immediately smitten but there was a twinkle. Salesmen beelines for his potential prey and I'm asked "do I want to take it out for a drive?" and I break like a wet kitkat and spend 15 minutes grinning from ear to ear. Spellbound.

Anyways, long story short I ended up buying one after testing the C4S, I went for a slightly cheaper but no less STUNNING C2S in GT Silver. Its got 2k on the clock - I can forgive that - as still smells like a 6th ladies dorm at 3am. Like SUCCESS. I did back and forth over a new one in Platinum C4 but I ended up going for GT. Plat is very very appealing but I couldn't get over the gold I saw in it on some days. Each man to their own though. Its still a mega colour and the one of two front runners for me.

So I pick it up on Tuesday from the dealer. I literally cannot wait. I feel like I'm joining a very special club. Thought Id drop all you 991 owners a line. Its so worth it gentleman. I can list the options on the car is anyone is interested and I'll post some pro-shots once I get my grubby mits on the thing in a few days.

Not a great shot attached - but you get the picture.

Cheers.
It's a beauty! Congratulations! It's good that you don't have to agonize over breaking the car in for 2k mi, and enjoy it right away!

Old 03-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Schunmd
It's a beauty! Congratulations! It's good that you don't have to agonize over breaking the car in for 2k mi, and enjoy it right away!
The dealer had is for a few weeks - so I can, without question, guarantee its been gunned and broken in. Oh well, german engineering is built to stand up to that kind of thing. Glad I got a 5 year warranty. Chortle.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:06 PM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Schunmd
CONGRATS!! Love it. . . Looks just like mine! . You've got great taste in cars and colors

Old 03-01-2013, 07:13 PM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
congrats! you're gonna find a lot off sympathy for that story around these parts! enjoy your new beauty. there's a p.o.'d Audi sa reading this right now

Old 03-01-2013, 07:24 PM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
Your car looks fantastic. Great story! Please remember to post some pictures!

Old 03-01-2013, 07:56 PM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
great story indeed. It makes it seem like its fate for you to own a Porsche! Congrats

Old 03-01-2013, 08:02 PM
White991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really nice
Great looking color. The Audi dealer should start considering moving to another location.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:09 PM
StPatsDay is infamous around these partsStPatsDay is infamous around these parts
Great tale. Your 991S is so much more car than the RS5; it's not even funny. I hope you enjoy it.
Btw - will this be your first porsche?

Old 03-01-2013, 08:20 PM
ae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to behold
Congrats on the car and you made the right choice.

I think I may know the dealer you were kicking the dust at... That is where I have my order in...

Old 03-01-2013, 08:25 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! Looks great! Someone else broke it in for you already!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So I walked into the Porsche dealership...