Llumar film

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 07:32 PM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
Llumar film

Does anyone here have any experience with llmar film? That is what my dealer uses and is pushing pretty hard. Says his guy does all the exotics in Clevelad and only uses that film. I know XPEL is very popular on the forum, and I have talked with an installer who is sort of near me. Wondering how they compare, if there is a big difference between them or not.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:03 AM
Spathiinc has a spectacular aura aboutSpathiinc has a spectacular aura about
I don't have any personal knowledge on Llumar vs XPEL, but I'm personally nervous about any work outsourced by the dealer. I trust the Porsche mechanics to do a good job themselves, but if they're just going to farm it out, I feel more comfortable doing the research myself to get the best available shop in the area. I did this with my clear bra, and the mechanic at the dealer just nodded and said I made a wise decision.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:47 AM
ptmobile is a glorious beacon of lightptmobile is a glorious beacon of lightptmobile is a glorious beacon of lightptmobile is a glorious beacon of lightptmobile is a glorious beacon of light
I test out pretty much all the films that are released. The last time I tested LLumar film it looked good for about 3 months thn got very dull. So I do not carry it. I have found the best films out there are Suntek, Xpel Ultimate, Avery Nano Fusion, and Prestige. Any of those films and you should be fine.

By the way most dealerships contract out clear bra work so expect a little mark up by going with them.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:14 PM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
Thanks for the replies. I'm not finding much info at all online at all, which may be telling. It's not looking like this is the film I should get. I am wondering the the dealership has bad info and their installer actually uses something else. He was out of town and I have not been able to speak with him.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:55 PM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
My installer only uses SunTek and X-Pel and they both seem to have pretty good reviews.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:57 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Pass on llumar...get XPEL Ultimate if you can. You'll pay more with a better installer and better film, but it's well worth it.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:35 AM
the2thdr has a spectacular aura aboutthe2thdr has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by mtony
My installer only uses SunTek and X-Pel and they both seem to have pretty good reviews.
I just had SunTek placed on a 2013 white Cayenne GTS and was very impressed with how unnoticeable it was. Film guy swears by it.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:25 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
I did a lot of research on this... Finally got it installed this Friday (had weeks backlog) from premier in fremont. If its a lighter color like mine, prestige clear guardX is the way to go. Since I have custom install (no seams) cannot even tell if the film is installed or not. They're very expensive but the work speaks for itself..http://www.premiermobilegroup.com/

Old 03-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the reply's. the installer was on his honeymoon, he just got back today and was able to confirm he is NOT using llumar film, but rather is using XPEL. So great news. I am supposed to talk to him this afternoon. I believe he will do the install tomorrow so long as the talk goes well.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:11 PM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CO997
Thanks for the reply's. the installer was on his honeymoon, he just got back today and was able to confirm he is NOT using llumar film, but rather is using XPEL. So great news. I am supposed to talk to him this afternoon. I believe he will do the install tomorrow so long as the talk goes well.
pm sent

Old 03-05-2013, 04:40 PM
harryz is infamous around these parts
Had Xpel ultimate put on at their home office location here in San Antonio. Fantastic work and film is indistinguishable on a black car.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:08 PM
I am scheduled to pick mine up tomorrow afternoon, with Xpel. Really looking forward to it after all the positive comments here about Xpel. Also supposed to be somewhat sunny for a change so I'm hoping for a great day!