991 GT3 Buttons

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 08:43 AM
Airportrat has a spectacular aura aboutAirportrat has a spectacular aura about
991 GT3 Buttons

I noticed on new pictures of the GT3 interior, the center buttons are arranged different and seem to have different features. Does anyone know what they are?

Old 03-07-2013, 11:54 AM
flyanddive is infamous around these partsflyanddive is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Airportrat
I noticed on new pictures of the GT3 interior, the center buttons are arranged different and seem to have different features. Does anyone know what they are?
The extra buttons are for the suspension lifting system.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:16 PM
ArashApollo is infamous around these partsArashApollo is infamous around these parts
The suspension lifting system is on the right side, but there are two more buttons that start from the BOTTOM of the left side. I have been searching hard but all pics / videos are too blurry and far away to tell. Would love to know also.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:20 PM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !

Copyright Porsche AG

Attached Images  
Old 03-07-2013, 05:17 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Oil slick

Machine guns

Espresso

Old 03-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
^
Lol those would be great as well

Old 03-07-2013, 06:00 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HotHonda

Copyright Porsche AG
LOVE the "Race Track" button. a lot more cool than "Sport", "Sport Plus"...
And the auto-stop/start button is gone!

Old 03-07-2013, 06:09 PM
flyanddive is infamous around these partsflyanddive is infamous around these parts
Ahhh, ESC - electromechanical steering control Off.... rear steering???

Old 03-07-2013, 06:25 PM
TwelfthTangent is infamous around these parts
ESC - probably electronic stability control. TC - traction control

Old 03-07-2013, 07:06 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TwelfthTangent
ESC - probably electronic stability control. TC - traction control
Yes, like on the 997.2 GT3 if I am not mistaking. The car has stability control (ESC) and traction control (TC) and they can be disengaged separately (just ESC or ESC+TC)

Old 03-08-2013, 03:27 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
LOVE the "Race Track" button. a lot more cool than "Sport", "Sport Plus"...
And the auto-stop/start button is gone!
It's going to be hard for Porsche to deny warranty claims based on "track" use like they like to do currently if the car has a Race Track button on it! Someone in the GT/GT2/GT3 forum was recently denied a warranty claim of their steering pump leaking on his GT3RS due to recently attending a DE. Porsche voided the warranty due to track use Maybe one of the buttons should read Warranty Disable...

Old 03-08-2013, 04:49 AM
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
It's going to be hard for Porsche to deny warranty claims based on "track" use like they like to do currently if the car has a Race Track button on it! Someone in the GT/GT2/GT3 forum was recently denied a warranty claim of their steering pump leaking on his GT3RS due to recently attending a DE. Porsche voided the warranty due to track use Maybe one of the buttons should read Warranty Disable...
Not my personal experience. Would it be more a dealership stance than a PCNA policy?

Old 03-08-2013, 08:44 AM
ArashApollo is infamous around these partsArashApollo is infamous around these parts
When ordering a PSE system after already having the car, I believe they order a whole center console set just to get the exhaust button. That would be neat to specify that it be a GT3 center console replacement kit, and use all the other buttons it comes with. I would love 'Race Track' button in place of my 'Sport Plus' button.

Also, I am a bit confused on the traction control button on regular 991's. When you press that, does it turn both ESC and TC off, whereas the GT3 you can keep TC on and ESC off?

Old 03-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Best one I like and really NEED for my car is height adjustment...wonder if this could be retrofitted ???

Old 03-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by ArashApollo
I would love 'Race Track' button in place of my 'Sport Plus' button.
+1! Suncoast, are you reading this?
I would like to add the GT3 rear view mirrors on the list too to get rid of the buffeting issue on the track.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 Buttons