my 991 has arrived!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 09:50 PM
stevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to all
Congrats!!!

Old 03-10-2013, 05:52 AM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Did you camp out at the dealership? Is it still there? Oh well, There is one less hour to wait today.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:15 AM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
FINALLY!! Outstanding news! I know the wait has been tough for you. Post more pics soon! Isn't it strange when you finally see it and it sinks in that its really yours? That was one of my first thoughts. It's real, and tangible, it's finally here and not just a build sheet on a piece of paper. I hope they get it prepped for you ASAP so you can start enjoying her!! Keep us posted!

Old 03-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
This is great news Oldman40!

Very happy for you!

The pain and agony of waiting is finally over!

Would love to see the int/ext pics and also highlight the spec details please

A big CONGRATS!!!

Old 03-10-2013, 06:21 PM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down are you kidding?

thanks for all the great comments gents! unfortunately, i've used the only car dealership in the universe that is closed on sundays! so i can't get the car today, and due to work conflicts and that the dealer is 1.5hrs away, i'm stuck waiting until thurs or friday...

so sorry for the hurry up and wait message...i'll be sure to post great pics once i finally get her. (yes chup, like yours, she's a she!)

here are some dealer shots to tide me over.....

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	early shot.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	349.4 KB
ID:	219691   Click image for larger version

Name:	interior.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	306.7 KB
ID:	219693  
Attached Images  

Last edited by oldman40; 03-10-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:28 PM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Nice wheels.... Really a nice looking car, I am certain you will love every moment of driving it.

Old 03-10-2013, 06:41 PM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
I think I have forgotten some of your specs. Would you mind posting them again. Especially the interior colors. It's kinda hard to see in the dealer pics, looks brown and light grey? Not sure, but whatever it is, it looks fantastic. I don't recall seeing that color combo before.

Post pics ASAP, when you get her.

Mine got to the dealer on a Friday and I couldn't get her till Wed afternoon so I can sympathize with you. Just stay really busy at work, that's what I did to get they those last couple of days. I am also 90 minutes away from my dealer so it does make it more complicated. Just have them come get you like I did. Then you just drive home, and its a wonderful drive!!

Originally Posted by oldman40
thanks for all the great comments gents! unfortunately, i've used the only car dealership in the universe that is closed on sundays! so i can't get the car today, and due to work conflicts and that the dealer is 1.5hrs away, i'm stuck waiting until thurs or friday...

so sorry for the hurry up and wait message...i'll be sure to post great pics once i finally get her. (yes chup, like yours, she's a she!)

Old 03-10-2013, 07:17 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of

Classy and unique. Congrads!

Old 03-11-2013, 11:30 AM
fantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura about
Beautiful car and color...that may not be a standard one much longer. It's no longer offered on the Boxster.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:40 AM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Geeze!

You're putting a lot of pressure on us.....you know we've all been waiting too!

Old 03-11-2013, 04:29 PM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats!

Old 03-11-2013, 06:09 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
It seems like just yesterday that we were discussing your options steering wheel choices. Time really does fly.
Congrats...

Old 03-11-2013, 06:28 PM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all

you missed one helluva of a 100 mile tour on chuckanut and skagit county...... no rain, 3 stop lights, 50+ 20-30 mph curves taken at slightly higher speed. top straight section speed 105mph. pete from vancouver had a car exactly like yours!! maybe next month? new course maybe?

Old 03-11-2013, 11:33 PM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CO997
I think I have forgotten some of your specs. Would you mind posting them again. Especially the interior colors. It's kinda hard to see in the dealer pics, looks brown and light grey? Not sure, but whatever it is, it looks fantastic. I don't recall seeing that color combo before.

Post pics ASAP, when you get her.

Mine got to the dealer on a Friday and I couldn't get her till Wed afternoon so I can sympathize with you. Just stay really busy at work, that's what I did to get they those last couple of days. I am also 90 minutes away from my dealer so it does make it more complicated. Just have them come get you like I did. Then you just drive home, and its a wonderful drive!!
thanks for the empathy! that interior is agate/pebble grey. i'll be certain to post my build details with pics (gulp, soon!)

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
Classy and unique. Congrads!
thanks chuckbdc, no such thing as a bad option in the 991!

Originally Posted by fantom
Beautiful car and color...that may not be a standard one much longer. It's no longer offered on the Boxster.
wow really? i didnt know that...i had some buyers remorse on not doing pts or interior lts, but perhaps it will become unique in some respects after all.

Originally Posted by HotHonda
Geeze!

You're putting a lot of pressure on us.....you know we've all been waiting too!
haha! i've been drooling over your gorgeous 991 pics next to your beautiful house for weeks now! it's only fair that i should try to return the favor! i swear it's gonna be this week!

Originally Posted by dux
It seems like just yesterday that we were discussing your options steering wheel choices. Time really does fly.
Congrats...
dux, i am STILL very appreciative to you for the great advice. my sport design wheel will alway remind me of that exchange. funny how all these details get burned into our brains...looking forward to the last few steps here.

Originally Posted by trysixty
you missed one helluva of a 100 mile tour on chuckanut and skagit county...... no rain, 3 stop lights, 50+ 20-30 mph curves taken at slightly higher speed. top straight section speed 105mph. pete from vancouver had a car exactly like yours!! maybe next month? new course maybe?
trysixty, glad you still caught dry weather on sunday...i was thinking what an all-world sunny day it was on sat, and too bad the chuckanut run wasn't then. but it all worked out. any video or pics? also, how did you manage the potential leo situation without radar? i'm still formulating my radar/laser situation. definitely let me know your next drive event!

Old 03-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Just a few more days ..... you can do it Love that interior !!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: my 991 has arrived!